All member reviews for Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Slightly better than No. 2 but still crude and very violent.

Kid, 12 years old June 29, 2011

Best movie ever!!!

This movie is the best movie ever. The graphics are amazing. I would not recommend under kids of 10 to see it, because when a transformer dies it looks like blood comes out, the language is pretty rough, there is f-words, s-words, different d-words, a-words, and b-words. Then the sexual stuff is iffy. You see Carly in her underwear and half button-up shirt and she kisses Sam and Carly wears revealing dresses and there are crude and suggestive remarks. But it is a great movie!
Adult Written byDaddyDude June 29, 2011

Boycott Hasbro

F bombs in a toy movie? Absolutely wrong. Boycott Hasbro.
Adult Written byTodd Keefe June 29, 2011

Very good movie in my opinion.

Now I saw this movie tonight with my younger brother. He's 13 years old and yes the movie DOES Use some forms of language. But I don't think it focuses as much on the lead actress' body as the review says. Yes there's a few provocative scenes but her clothing from about an hour and on is not as bad as it seems. Prime, Bumblebee, Sideswipe and just about all the Autobot's provide positive role models. The violence is quite a bit and yes quite a few humans die in the decepticon take over. Any child over 13 will be good for this mostly because of being able to distinguish right from wrong and understand the message that no matter how dark the times may become, that you should always have hope and faith in not only those that fight with you but yourself as well. Don't entirely believe what major reviewers say about this movie. There is quite a bit of character development in it's own way. As I have said now a days, no matter how hard someone tries they can never please everyone so before you draw your conclusions from my own review or those of others see it for yourself and draw your own conclusion as you never know you may miss out on something you might like a lot. Note that if you happen to enjoy some of the characters of the autobots that some do die.
Adult Written byLuceroblanco July 1, 2011

Not for children.

I saw this movie today--I'm in my 40s. I've seen other Transformers and like this one I enjoyed it. I was shocked today though by the amount of violence. It was ALL violence. The message is basically kill or be killed. I don't think this is the kind of message children should be getting. As far as the sexual content, the woman, Carly, is very sexualized and wears skintight clothing throughout. It is a stereotypical and derogatory depiction--and the other major female character is DEsexualized and acts really masculine. I didn't find that nearly as objectionable as the violence though. Overall it was an entertaining movie, funny at some points and definitely action-packed but just not something I think children should see.
Kid, 12 years old July 1, 2011

Best movie in the series is much more violent and cruder!

I bet there are so many young kids that want to see this movie. They might think that it looks "awesome" and stuff. But parents, this movie is not for little kids. Even though Transformers is a toy developed by Hasbro. Most of you probably know that it is not for kids already because of the first two films. But just in case. With the movie being rated PG-13, it is definetely for teens and adults only. Expect tons of violence, human deaths, "robo-blood", swearing, sexual jokes and innuendo. Here is what you need to know. The movie is packed with tons of violence. Explosions, intense robot combat, and a scene of dead human bodies. In fact, it is so violent, that it makes the first two films look appropriate for 5 year olds. Swearing is a regular thing in this movie. On top of that, there are many sexual jokes and a very sensual scene at the beginning where you can see "Carly in her underwear, reveiling a tiny bit of her buttocks. It was actually pretty hilarious because almost everyone in the theater started saying "Whoa!" Anyway, after that "Carly" gets in Sam's bed and they hug. They kiss a few times too. There is also a scene where a guy gets in a bathroom stall with Sam. Then he starts taking off his pants. But NOT for the dirty reason! Later another guy sees them coming out of the stall together, probably thinking that they were having sex. In conclusion, I rate this movie on for 14 and up!
Parent of a 11, 12, and 14 year old Written byGimmick June 30, 2011

Commonsense give terrible reviews on transformer movies

Come on commonsense get the transformer movie reviews right for once! This movie is an action-packed, well made and hilarious! The reviews you did on the transformer movies were atrocious! These movies are fantastic! There is only robot on robot or a human and robot fights however, this may only disturb little kids. There is a lot of swearing in this but the "sexy stuff" is no where near as bad. Commonsense give terrible reviews on these transformers movies, take my advice, ignore commonsense and watch the movies they're great!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byTFMAN123 July 1, 2011

Epic action packed and very brudal

the action is epic yet brutal to some audiances
Kid, 10 years old July 1, 2011

awesome movie! :)

Ignore the posh critics and appriciate the movie for what it is, a brillently tounge in cheek action sci fi movie with high octane battles,a great sense of humour and a good and great plot.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNeil13 June 30, 2011

Definitely the best of the three

I didn't see this in 3D, so I didn't get the full effect. It doesn't matter though, because it was still awesome! It's definitely the best of the three. The new girl, Rosie Hunitington Whiteley is definitely a better actress than Megan Fox, and in my opinion, fitter. The first half of the movie was a bit boring, I got a bit restless waiting for the robots to appear and beat the hell out of each other. It has a great cast, from John Malkovich having a kung fu fight with Bumblebee, to Mr Chow (The Hangover) making very memorable cameos. It was a bit long, but overall: AWESOME!
Kid, 11 years old July 1, 2011

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

This was much better than the second (which was lame). As in the others, there is a near constant stream of violence. The sexual material was not as bad as the second, though the mpaa says it was worse. It was just humor. This was based on toys, so that's the consumerism. Wine and Liquor are seen unoften. This was a very fun movie.
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written bylbow July 1, 2011

For older teens

I saw this movie in 3D. Visually, it was fantastic. I enjoy action/adventure movies however seeing it once was enough for me. I thought because it had a PG13 rating it might be okay to see. I had enjoyed the 1st Transformers but did not like the 2nd one because they upped the racey and violent content. In this movie, yet again, the girl was like something out of an MTV video only this time there was not much character developement and the violence was off the charts! I was able to get past the occassional cursing and sexual innuendo but I'm an adult. The slaughtering of the humans by robots was not graphic but you knew what was going on. The robot on robot violence was very strong, up close and personal. They had a part that was like a mafia style killing. I didn't see where the positive role models were. There was no working it out between the robots just kill the enemy even from Optimus Prime. I would say this movie deserves at least PG13 rating but I would not want my children watching this movie till they were at least 16 or 17.
Adult Written byidawg42xlpwn June 29, 2011

This was overall a great movie.

With the exception a short scene at the beginning, the sexual content in the movie is not that terrible. I also don't believe that the lead female character was there only for looks. In fact I actually enjoyed seeing Sam and Carly's relationship develop (and I'm usually not one for love stories). While it is true that the movie is violent, you have to take into account that it's centered around an alien civil war. The alternative would be to make a movie that teaches people that wars do not involve some sort of sacrifice. The consumerism comes from the fact that transformers was originally a toy line. That means that no matter how well they made the movie it would still be branded as a commercial for transformers toys. It is an inevitable curse of the transformers franchise. I loved the action in this movie, but it wasn't all about guns, and explosions. This movie has a lot of emotion to it. Once you accept that the autobots are living things that feel love and sadness just like us, you really start to sympathize with them. Especially after their decision to protect humanity rather than sacrifice it to restore their own race. Although there was some language and behavior that I didn't approve of, this was overall a great movie to see. Especially for any big time fans of Transformers. There are also some really good messages involving trust, faith, and sacrifice.
Parent Written bydaytoday June 29, 2011

I am a mom of two boys

The use of stereotypes for all the women in the movie is not good. It over emphasizes women as sex objects, or bitchy.
Kid, 11 years old June 29, 2011

<333

I saw it with my little brother, and we barely let him see it. He is nine, but mature. Some bad stuff in the movie, but overall was great. loved it! Saw it a midnight!
Kid, 11 years old July 7, 2011

Just a bad movie

Its a bad movie, but the woman who replaces Megan Fox is a bit to racy for kids.
Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2011

Good Job Hasbro...I'm not Sarcastic

This is everything I wanted in the 2 movie. When I walked in here I wasn't expecting a great plot or character development. This is a Michel Bay movie. I'm pleased that this movie did what it did. The comedy was good and I enjoyed this what it was...a popcorn flick. I'll see it again too.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycartman15 June 29, 2011

transformers: dark of the moon

The best in the serise. great action, great story which younger kids wouldnt understand, amazing movie
Kid, 9 years old June 30, 2011

great movie

it was so better than the first all thow sam and carly do kiss in bed at times but it is not like the 2nd one i rated that one only 2 stars so i rate transformers dark of the moon 4 stars !
Teen, 17 years old Written bybradley4846 July 8, 2011

NOT A KIDS MOVIE

there were tons of little kids when i saw this. Although i loved everything about this movie, it is not for young kids. the transformers are show murdering people, etc. There is a ton of swearing (mainly sh-t, b-tch, and minor words. The f-word is not used, it is cut of). For sex, there are some refrences. his new girlfriends upskirt shot in the opening is interesting. But remember parents, look at why this is PG-13. It is a HARD Pg-13
Parent Written bysmart mama July 5, 2011

Do not support Transformers!

This is one of the worst movies that I have seen. Do not waste your time or money on this movie! It was too long, too much profanity and sexual innuendos! There really wasn't a need for the girlfriend in the movie. My husband and I were smart enough not to take the kids but knowing that there are many kids that wanted to see this movie is disturbing and every parent should be warned and not allow their kids to be brainwashed by this movie. It is horrible and defensive! To me it is on the edge of being rated-R.