Parent reviews for Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Slightly better than No. 2 but still crude and very violent.

Adult Written byTodd Keefe June 29, 2011

Very good movie in my opinion.

Now I saw this movie tonight with my younger brother. He's 13 years old and yes the movie DOES Use some forms of language. But I don't think it focuses as much on the lead actress' body as the review says. Yes there's a few provocative scenes but her clothing from about an hour and on is not as bad as it seems. Prime, Bumblebee, Sideswipe and just about all the Autobot's provide positive role models. The violence is quite a bit and yes quite a few humans die in the decepticon take over. Any child over 13 will be good for this mostly because of being able to distinguish right from wrong and understand the message that no matter how dark the times may become, that you should always have hope and faith in not only those that fight with you but yourself as well. Don't entirely believe what major reviewers say about this movie. There is quite a bit of character development in it's own way. As I have said now a days, no matter how hard someone tries they can never please everyone so before you draw your conclusions from my own review or those of others see it for yourself and draw your own conclusion as you never know you may miss out on something you might like a lot. Note that if you happen to enjoy some of the characters of the autobots that some do die.

Adult Written byDaddyDude June 29, 2011

Boycott Hasbro

F bombs in a toy movie? Absolutely wrong. Boycott Hasbro.
Adult Written byoyonan July 21, 2011

27 years of being a transformer fan and I'm shocked

If you don't mind having your kids watch Transformers being executed as prisoners, then no problem. Yes, the bad guys capture some good guys and put guns to the back of their heads. There's a teary moment, then it starts again. All the way through this movie is heartlessly violent. Most of the time there's action as an excuse. But it's the "good" transfomers killing their enemies and not feeling the slightest regret or compassion about it. They hurl the body through a building or dismember it. This wouldn't make it in an R rated movie as lately as the 90s! At the end Optimus Prime, my childhood hero and symbol of respect for life and freedom, not only defeats a weakened Megatron who was no real threat, but proceeds to decapitate him with his bare hand. No remorse, no regret. I was shocked. BUt then Optimus turns to his oldest friend and former mentor who masterminded the evil plot in the movie, Sentinel. Sentinel repents for what he'd done and admits that he was wrong. Optimus Prime, the great and wise leader takes Sentinel and sees that he's seen the folly of his ways and offers to take Sentinel back and help him mend his ways. No, just kidding. In the original show he would have, but in this movie he tells Sentinel that he only shows weakness by his admission and then uses Megatron's shotgun to put not one, but two shots directly into Sentinel's face at point blank range. With the camera conveniently located behind Sentinel's head we get the full view. The violence in this movie is not only staggering, but there is no context or even justification. Most of the characters aren't even named, and it's no loss since they have a line or two and wind up dead moments later. In all fairness there's not much action til the last half hour. Up until that point we are constantly given body shot of the "hot chick" in this movie. A walking stereotype who contributes NOTHING to the movie from title to credits.

Parent of a 11, 12, and 14 year old Written byGimmick June 30, 2011

Commonsense give terrible reviews on transformer movies

Come on commonsense get the transformer movie reviews right for once! This movie is an action-packed, well made and hilarious! The reviews you did on the transformer movies were atrocious! These movies are fantastic! There is only robot on robot or a human and robot fights however, this may only disturb little kids. There is a lot of swearing in this but the "sexy stuff" is no where near as bad. Commonsense give terrible reviews on these transformers movies, take my advice, ignore commonsense and watch the movies they're great!!

Adult Written byjess5443 July 14, 2011

HORRILBE

it is not for kids This movie is disgusting along with the last transformers movie luring children and marketing to them BUT its not apporpriate for almost anyone to watch these movies!
Adult Written byDadOf3Kids September 17, 2014

Horrible Female Role Models

There are plenty of reviews here, so I'll focus only on one aspect -- this is a horrible movie for young girls to see. The main female character's main role in the movie is to LOOK HOT. That's it. Be hot, and the men will fight over you. Her second job is to BE HELPLESS. She seems completely incapable of taking care of herself, takes no part in the battle scenes, and relies on the men to save her. While watching with my daughter, I said "she should fight the robots too." My daughter responded, "Dad . . . she's a girl." Ugh.
Adult Written bydmeat July 2, 2011

KINDA GOOOOODDDDD

KINNNNNNNNNNNNNDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA good

Adult Written bykipwalker44 January 24, 2015

Stupid, noisy, pointless. Just skip it

Parent of a 12 year old Written bybobsax April 22, 2012

Intense Robot Violence ,Oh Ya but language ruins it for the younger ones

My 12 year old daughter and I watched this and it was fun. I thought it was really stupid that put the F word in there. This movie could be for younger ones but the language makes me give it a 13+. Some people curse. I don't and I don't want my family exposed to it as if it was okay. It's not!

Adult Written bysmart mama July 5, 2011

Do not support Transformers!

This is one of the worst movies that I have seen. Do not waste your time or money on this movie! It was too long, too much profanity and sexual innuendos! There really wasn't a need for the girlfriend in the movie. My husband and I were smart enough not to take the kids but knowing that there are many kids that wanted to see this movie is disturbing and every parent should be warned and not allow their kids to be brainwashed by this movie. It is horrible and defensive! To me it is on the edge of being rated-R.

Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 19, 2012

What?!

I love this movie! Great graphics,pretty good art,and AWESOME action! The acting and adventure was AMAZING! How dare you give this movie 2 stars! DON'T LISTEN TO CSM!
Parent of a 1, 3, 6, 10, and 16 year old Written bymlk18 October 20, 2011

Disappointing movie made for adults not children

The Transformers lineage is clearly aimed at kids; this movie is not. It is aimed at late teens and 20-somethings. Foul language including a transformer who drops the F-word and scenes NOT intended for children. Like the one where they show a continuous close up of a woman wearing panties walking down a hallway while the zoom in on her rear the entire way. And to top it all of the movie was not that great, middle of the road at best. Don't take your pre-teens or children to this one.

Adult Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 3, 2012

tf=3

#3 transformers movie is cool but very action-packed

Adult Written byfonzieg March 29, 2015

Fun, explosive, quite possibly the best Transformers yet!

All the good things about the 1st Transformers movie are made even better in this installment! The action sequences are at their best, the movie is in fact a one huge action sequence, and it's Michael Bay's 2nd best film in my opinion, definitely see this movie!
Written byAnonymous April 25, 2015

Parent of a 17 year old Written bymahims_ne July 8, 2011
Adult Written byjoshua martinez July 3, 2011

13 and up.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon is an awesome action movie good for your teens but parents you need to know that the Transformers: Dark of the Moon has a lot of intense violence some some sexuality and innuendo and there's also strong language used.

Adult Written byLuceroblanco July 1, 2011

Not for children.

I saw this movie today--I'm in my 40s. I've seen other Transformers and like this one I enjoyed it. I was shocked today though by the amount of violence. It was ALL violence. The message is basically kill or be killed. I don't think this is the kind of message children should be getting. As far as the sexual content, the woman, Carly, is very sexualized and wears skintight clothing throughout. It is a stereotypical and derogatory depiction--and the other major female character is DEsexualized and acts really masculine. I didn't find that nearly as objectionable as the violence though. Overall it was an entertaining movie, funny at some points and definitely action-packed but just not something I think children should see.

Adult Written bychristian2011 November 7, 2012

Another very good and enjoyable sequel.

DOTM is another sequel in which the Autobots find a strange Cybertronian contraption on the moon, in which they must obtain in order to learn it's secrets and to finally stop the Decepticons. Another new Autobot appears in this movie who plays a major role, Sentinel Prime, the actual mentor of Optimus Prime, whom is needed to help finish off the Decepticons. The Autobots then obtain the pillars in which is needed to activate the planet Cybertron and bring it back to earth, in which the Decepticons, including a new and powerful foe, Shockwave, isn't going to stop until they finally obtain them. Very excitingly new sequel to the Transformers trilogy. Fans will not be disappointed! ;) (SPOILERS : one of the main characters dies in this one, which can upset some, so be prepared)

Parent of a 12 and 14 year old Written byANTI-PARANOIA August 26, 2012

best movie ever.

I AM GLAD THEY GOT RID OF MEGAN FOX. rosie huntington-whitely is actually an intelligent person and not that bad an actress SHE IS BEUTIFUL AND NOT A SEX OBJECT. as for the action, ITS A WHOLE LOT BETTER THAN THE OTHERS! so is the comedy, i mean there is a crude joke or 2 but it is not a problem. my boy was 13 when he saw it so he gets those jokes. my only real complaint is that ironhide dies! he is my favorite autobot and they killed him! even the 80's movie killed him! and I noticed some characters from the 2nd film are not in this one like the 3 motercycles, the chevy volt, and the twins, who i enjoyed in the 2nd. other than that you see robots blowing eachother up which is every boys dream to see, a great final climax with an epic music score. the cussing isn't terrible. the robots blowing up is expected in the final battle for earth. so don't whine about violence.