All member reviews for Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Slightly better than No. 2 but still crude and very violent.

Kid, 12 years old June 29, 2011

Best movie ever!!!

This movie is the best movie ever. The graphics are amazing. I would not recommend under kids of 10 to see it, because when a transformer dies it looks like blood comes out, the language is pretty rough, there is f-words, s-words, different d-words, a-words, and b-words. Then the sexual stuff is iffy. You see Carly in her underwear and half button-up shirt and she kisses Sam and Carly wears revealing dresses and there are crude and suggestive remarks. But it is a great movie!
Adult Written byTodd Keefe June 29, 2011

Very good movie in my opinion.

Now I saw this movie tonight with my younger brother. He's 13 years old and yes the movie DOES Use some forms of language. But I don't think it focuses as much on the lead actress' body as the review says. Yes there's a few provocative scenes but her clothing from about an hour and on is not as bad as it seems. Prime, Bumblebee, Sideswipe and just about all the Autobot's provide positive role models. The violence is quite a bit and yes quite a few humans die in the decepticon take over. Any child over 13 will be good for this mostly because of being able to distinguish right from wrong and understand the message that no matter how dark the times may become, that you should always have hope and faith in not only those that fight with you but yourself as well. Don't entirely believe what major reviewers say about this movie. There is quite a bit of character development in it's own way. As I have said now a days, no matter how hard someone tries they can never please everyone so before you draw your conclusions from my own review or those of others see it for yourself and draw your own conclusion as you never know you may miss out on something you might like a lot. Note that if you happen to enjoy some of the characters of the autobots that some do die.
Adult Written byDaddyDude June 29, 2011

Boycott Hasbro

F bombs in a toy movie? Absolutely wrong. Boycott Hasbro.
Adult Written byoyonan July 21, 2011

27 years of being a transformer fan and I'm shocked

If you don't mind having your kids watch Transformers being executed as prisoners, then no problem. Yes, the bad guys capture some good guys and put guns to the back of their heads. There's a teary moment, then it starts again. All the way through this movie is heartlessly violent. Most of the time there's action as an excuse. But it's the "good" transfomers killing their enemies and not feeling the slightest regret or compassion about it. They hurl the body through a building or dismember it. This wouldn't make it in an R rated movie as lately as the 90s! At the end Optimus Prime, my childhood hero and symbol of respect for life and freedom, not only defeats a weakened Megatron who was no real threat, but proceeds to decapitate him with his bare hand. No remorse, no regret. I was shocked. BUt then Optimus turns to his oldest friend and former mentor who masterminded the evil plot in the movie, Sentinel. Sentinel repents for what he'd done and admits that he was wrong. Optimus Prime, the great and wise leader takes Sentinel and sees that he's seen the folly of his ways and offers to take Sentinel back and help him mend his ways. No, just kidding. In the original show he would have, but in this movie he tells Sentinel that he only shows weakness by his admission and then uses Megatron's shotgun to put not one, but two shots directly into Sentinel's face at point blank range. With the camera conveniently located behind Sentinel's head we get the full view. The violence in this movie is not only staggering, but there is no context or even justification. Most of the characters aren't even named, and it's no loss since they have a line or two and wind up dead moments later. In all fairness there's not much action til the last half hour. Up until that point we are constantly given body shot of the "hot chick" in this movie. A walking stereotype who contributes NOTHING to the movie from title to credits.
Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2011

Good Job Hasbro...I'm not Sarcastic

This is everything I wanted in the 2 movie. When I walked in here I wasn't expecting a great plot or character development. This is a Michel Bay movie. I'm pleased that this movie did what it did. The comedy was good and I enjoyed this what it was...a popcorn flick. I'll see it again too.
Parent Written bysmart mama July 5, 2011

Do not support Transformers!

This is one of the worst movies that I have seen. Do not waste your time or money on this movie! It was too long, too much profanity and sexual innuendos! There really wasn't a need for the girlfriend in the movie. My husband and I were smart enough not to take the kids but knowing that there are many kids that wanted to see this movie is disturbing and every parent should be warned and not allow their kids to be brainwashed by this movie. It is horrible and defensive! To me it is on the edge of being rated-R.
Teen, 17 years old Written bykamil101 May 22, 2014

Idiots, Sheer Rubbish

COME ON PEOPLE! You really like a movie just because of the special effects? This movie lacks so many thinks. No plot. No emotions. NO BELIEVABLE CHARACTERS!!!! DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS LOAD OF CRAP! SAME FOR FIRST 2!
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 19, 2012

What?!

I love this movie! Great graphics,pretty good art,and AWESOME action! The acting and adventure was AMAZING! How dare you give this movie 2 stars! DON'T LISTEN TO CSM!
Parent Written byjess5443 July 14, 2011

HORRILBE

it is not for kids This movie is disgusting along with the last transformers movie luring children and marketing to them BUT its not apporpriate for almost anyone to watch these movies!
Adult Written bydmeat July 2, 2011

KINDA GOOOOODDDDD

KINNNNNNNNNNNNNDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA good
Kid, 10 years old November 4, 2015

I love this movie

I absolutely love this movie positive messages 1/5 there is some positive messages about standing up against your enemies. Positive role models 0/5 none whatsoever. Violence 4/5 there are countless fights and there is mass destruction [light on the gore though]. Sex 2/5 there are a few kisses here in there is no nudity though nothing much though. Language 4/5 sometimes there are repeated bad words mostly just s*** and f*** and a few uses of b**** I think not completely sure. Consumerism 2/5 there is some consumerism including fancy cars and other luxury places really not a lot though Drinking, Drugs, and smoking, 1/5 not a lot though at least that's what I remember but there are some smokind scenes I think not much though.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytoysorama. July 20, 2015

I like it

It's not a great movie, but you'll get a kick out of it. This one went a little darker than previous installments but nothing your kids can't handle
Kid, 8 years old July 13, 2015

Messy,crude extremely violent sequel has innuendo.

My rating;R for bloody violence,disturbing content,innuendo,and some strong language.
Adult Written bykipwalker44 January 24, 2015

Stupid, noisy, pointless. Just skip it

Kid, 11 years old October 24, 2014

Really average, but the best one in the series

Violence- 3 (Frequent action violence) Sex- 2 (In the beginning, Sam is staying with a girl who is in her underwear) Language- 3 (S**t and one use of f**k)
Kid, 11 years old September 3, 2014

Maybe teens could see it

The problem is they have a few uses of f--k and if kids parents let there kids watch rated r movies they might let them watch this if u watch pg 13 movies and your my age it might be iffy for your parents to take you to this movie anyway this movie has more language like b---h b-----d s--t d--k a-- one incomplete use of clusterf--k and more language includes a--hole d--khead d--n fat a--dumba-- smarta-- bulls--t crap d--n and h--l plus balls fricking oh and another thing two of the uses of f--k are not really heard proper because Sam got a medal and then he whispered what the f--k some people may even hear it and think that he almost did also the other one that is not noticeable is when his mother said f--k yeah most people may think she said oh yeah the only one that is noticeable is when sam's boss said it and it is very noticeable and there is one mouthed f--k that is all the language but there is sexual content
Teen, 13 years old Written by2jayz June 27, 2014

Pointless entry

The first two were good. This one is just blowing crap up. The sex and language are the same as the last two. The violence is a little bit more bloodier. There is also some gay talk.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 29, 2014
This movie is restricted to persons with no taste in cinema
Parent of a 12 year old Written bybobsax April 22, 2012

Intense Robot Violence ,Oh Ya but language ruins it for the younger ones

My 12 year old daughter and I watched this and it was fun. I thought it was really stupid that put the F word in there. This movie could be for younger ones but the language makes me give it a 13+. Some people curse. I don't and I don't want my family exposed to it as if it was okay. It's not!
Parent Written byDr. Michael July 12, 2011

Really...no, really?

Everyone's saying "good", but "lots of inappropriate stuff". Do we eat "good" food from trash cans? Is there such thing as "good" crudeness?