All member reviews for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Violent, crude, pointless sequel just isn't kids' stuff.

Kid, 12 years old June 25, 2009

Wow. Just Wow.

Wow. Just wow. I knew it was going to be bad (Michael Bay has never been one for such silly things as "plot" or "subtlety") but this movie really went UNDER my expectations. The film is just a mess. It takes the term "assault of the senses" to a whole new level. It took everything I didn't like about the first movie and kicked it up to 11. Now I must admit I did like the first one, but this one is much worse. Some have said "It's just dumb action, no need to get upset", but when was plot not required for a good movie? Just because I like butter on my popcorn doesn't mean I want to eat a whole stick by itself. One problem I had with the film was the whole "frat-boy" sensibilities of the film. The sexual humor seems like outtakes from American Pie (If it's not good enough to be in American Pie, it's not good enough to exist, period.) Michael Bay films have always had racial stereotypes in it, so those in this movie weren't suprising, but were still pretty bad. In conclusion, if you see this movie, you're allowing the filmmakers to further insult your intelligence with tripe like this.
Parent of a 15 year old Written byTsion August 13, 2010

Wow. (And Not in a Good Way.)

Look up top. Every single category of innapropriate content is highlighted. There are no positives. Not only is this movie endlessly crude, vulgar, and oftentimes racist, it is not entertaining in any way, shape or form. I enjoyed the first TRANSFORMERS film immensely. I liked the creativity, bold action, and dead-on comedy. This sequel, however, misses the mark completely. It lacks everything that made the first movie good. When evenyour lead actor says that he hates the movie, then you know something is wrong. In addition to being poorly made, this movie is way unsuitable for its target audience. I don't think I need to talk about the constant machine/gun/explosion violence, because you already expect that. The main problem in this movie is the endless stream of vulgarity. Every Transformer in this movie talks, and they cuss up a storm. I couldn't even count the times I heard "b***h up your punk a*s", or something similar. The "f" word is used twice (once partially spoken), and every other profanity in the book is used frequently, including "p**sy" and slang terms for male genitals. There is a near-constant flow of sexual humor that ranges from nude posters on walls (topless women) to more graphic stuff. Sam's mother, while high off of marijuana, tells strangers that she overheard him climaxing (it's not made clear whether she means intercourse or masturbation). We see two dogs having sex, and a male transformer furiously thrusts against Mikaela's leg with moans of pleasure. A Decepticon in human disguise comes on to Sam and slams him onto a bed while making comments like "we're good in bed". A man talks about having the same woman/robot in a wet dream. College kids talk about sucking "the sack", and a Transformer has giant, swinging metal testicles (refered to assuch). A man pulls down his pants and boxers in a museum as a distraction(we don't see anything), and we see a man's bare buttocks in a jock strap. There are also crude references to bodily functions like excretion andejaculation. There are lots of car product placements, and lots of people get drunk/high at college (including a parental figure). Two Transformersare an extremely offensive mimicry of African-American culture, and whatever positive messages are in the movie are more than obscured by the vulgarity.
Adult Written byannbbach June 26, 2009

DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE! The first Transformer movie is my daughter's all tiem favorite movie. This second one is totally different and AWFUL! So unlike the first one. Every cuss word in the book - I was Horrified and offended! Sexual situations and inuendoes throughout, including the opening scene, which looked like a Playboy spread of Megan Fox on a motorcycle. We should have walked out then. My two daughters and I all admitted we thought about walking out of it-wish we had. It is NOTHING LIKE THE FIRST ONE! If you have morals, don't go see it! For age 17 and up, only! I'm not old enough, and I'm in my 40's!
Educator and Parent of a 11 year old Written byshelleyp June 27, 2009

I wish my tween hadn't seen it until he was older

Positives: Sam risks his own life to resurrect his robot friend. He is also pressured to cheat on his girlfriend, but he tries to fight off the advances. Negatives: way too much filthy language, sexual innuendos, too much skin (from both sexes), and drug use.
Kid, 12 years old April 4, 2011

This movie is my favorite.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byMom 2 Seth May 17, 2010

Hate it. Was totally uncomfortable watching it with my 10 year old son. Husband thought it would be ok, it wasn't! When there wasn't cursing and violence, there was inappropriate sexual behavior. Profanity does not enhance the movie in any way. I'll never understand it.
Adult Written bymkirkhamm June 27, 2009

Please do not waste your money on this garbage. This is another example of using one movie to reel in viewers (kids), and then using the sequel to expose young and older viewers to offensive material. Women are objectified throughout, the mother doesn't know what marijuana looks like (right!), homosexual references, images of oral sex, need I go on. Don't support movies that target kids but contain adult content. Go see UP- fabulous movie for all ages.
Adult Written byDBarto June 24, 2009

Pass it up

Not the worst movie of the summer, but don't waist your time. It just disappointing to me that they rely so much on special effects and not story. I expected a lot more out of a Transformers movie (which isn't much). Now, this movie is jammed packed with violence, language, inappropriate sexual roll models (Megan Fox who seems to take every chance she gets to show herself off), and a lot of commercialism. This movie has a ton of STRONG language, from the A word to the F word. Megan Fox is in this movie for one reason, to be a sex symbol, which some of the shots in this movie for this reason makes it anything but a kids film. Moreover, this film is one of the most commercialized films I have ever seen. Overall, this film should be passed up at all costs, 1.5 out of 5
Teen, 14 years old Written bytoysorama. July 21, 2015

Really stupid

What's the point. Think of every stereotype ever...thought of them? Okay good...they're all in this movie. Oh and the movie sucks
Kid, 8 years old July 13, 2015

Awful,dumb,boring robot thriller has over-the-top violence.

My rating;R for violence.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMalik1Saad2 July 7, 2015

Almost OK

I my self watched this movie when I was 9.The Violence was in med range but there were lots of cleavage revealing scenes which really disturbed me.So I won't suggest this movie to some on under 12.
Teen, 14 years old Written byParkerSmykle July 5, 2015

its a very fun movie but with alot of problums

its a very fun movie but with alot of problums 3/5 stars :)
Kid, 10 years old May 27, 2015

AWESOME

ok, there is a bit of sex and the language isn't great, but pretty ok for children
Parent of a 12 year old Written byedklat April 25, 2015

Teen, 15 years old Written byMavrah333 April 11, 2015

Underrated and thrilling sequel is in no way perfect.

Now, I enjoyed this movie. DON'T CALL ME A MICHAEL BAY ZOMBIE!!! But the amazing effects are put to waste by some very poor cinematography, meaning that we go crazy as we try to see the awesome robot designs. This is a shame: there are some really cool robots which, thanks to a shaky cameraman, we can't see the face of. The acting is also mostly iffy, and the story is, meh. But the awesome fight sequences, amazing effects and neat soundtrack (thanks to Steve Jablonsky and, of course, Linkin Park) mostly make up for it. Final Score: 7/10: Good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfrozen hater101 April 9, 2015

I hate Michel bay

Not for kids
Adult Written byfonzieg March 29, 2015

More explosive, but less fun than the original, disappointing!

Remember the awesome Transformers movie from 2007? I bet you do, now let's put in more product placement, terrible jokes, cheesy dialogue, and sometimes overly loud and nauseating action sequences and put them all in a 2 and a half hour movie! The forest fight, and the final battle are the best parts of the movie, those scenes are fun, intense, and exciting, but i wish i could say the same about the rest of the movie!
Adult Written bykipwalker44 January 24, 2015

Stupid, noisy, pointless sequel isn't worth your time

Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 November 16, 2014

Not a decent film. The only Transformers movie with the most sexual material. The action is good and John Tuturro was funny (also in Transformers and Transformers : Dark Of The Moon) but overall, It disappoints.
Kid, 11 years old October 24, 2014

Pointless and too long sequel

Violence- 4 (Lots of action violence and blood) Sex- 4 (Lots of sexual references, sexual scenes and rude stuff) Language- 4 (Many uses of s**t and one use of f**k)