Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Transformers: The Last Knight

Unsatisfying sequel is big on explosions, short on all else.

Adult Written byls2175 June 23, 2017

Review of the Review

Unbelievable wording from Common Sense: "Despite the added diversity of a teen Latina character, many of the Decepticons' vocal performances still seem based in racial stereotypes, and the overwhelming majority of the characters are white." So if there are too many white people then ARGHH!!!! Horrible!!!! DON"T SEE IT!!!! And if playing traditional roles of men/women - equally horrifying!
Adult Written bythomasrv January 24, 2018

Great, but has different elements.

It’s a fun movie with great effects and an absolute masterpiece of music! But I am here to say why I think it’s age 13 and up. The medieval battle at the start might be scary and violent to younger kids (it includes blood, people on fire, dead people, people getting slashed with swords and at the end we see a man with a spear trough his chest in some pain + blood on the spear). There is a bit bad language. A world war 2 flashback (not gory or anything, great scene, but there is a bit more violent than other scenes in the movie). Transformers “bleed” green alien blood when hurt, not that gory. Lots of action and transformers fighting as always (epic). Tense music at times.

Adult Written byMark C. June 23, 2017

Why does the main review talk about white people being in it?

This is a family safe review site. Stop throwing race into it
Adult Written byJsivaches June 22, 2017

3 hours of nothing.

This movie is best described as nothing. There were only 2 deceptions (unless you count the random nameless like Mohawk or nitrozeus.). You know that awesome bumblebee vs evil prime fight in the trailer; well that's the only time Optimus is evil in the entire movie. The whole thing is just plain boring. Even the 12 man knight combiner into a giant 3 headed dragon was boring; how can you make that boring?!

Adult Written byJohn L. July 11, 2017

Michael bay has fallen

WOW And that's not saying it's any good cause trued be told for a action movie I was bored. Watch it if you like this nonsense Otherwise just don't watch it.
Parent of a 16 year old Written byJoshua H. June 24, 2017

Call me an idiot if you want, but I think this is the best in the franchise!

The violence was pretty typical for a PG-13 movie, but the profanity was excessive. Frankly should have been R just for profanity. If they are marketing this to 8 year olds (and younger) with the toys, why the needless profanity?!

Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written byMark W. June 24, 2017

Not for kids...

My son (ten years old) is a huge fan of the Transformers franchise, but this is the first time I took him to the theater to see one of the feature films live. I was tremendously disappointed in the unnecessary profanity and content. A specific curse is said over twenty times, as well as a pair of "mofo" reference, an abbreviation for "F" and an unfunny (and extended) sex joke. Bay's Transformers movies usually walk just on the other side of acceptable content for kids but this movie strays way too far into adult territory.

Written byAnonymous November 21, 2018
Parent of a 11 year old Written byBinge W. August 7, 2018

Explosive, and epic action definitely beats the last one.

Nothing too bad is in this my MPAA rating PG-13 for brief strong language, sequences of action and destruction, and some strong violence. The language includes the use of D**K Plus a few s words. Violence gets pretty explosive to lots of sci-fi battles, explosions and destruction. Plus a little more sexual situations and racy stuff in the sex department.

Adult Written byEvelyn B. April 6, 2018

Absolutely loved it!!!!! Hoping this wasn't the end!!!

I really wonder why the ratings are so low for this one. It was well done and had great actors. I enjoyed watching it!!! Even when the outlook was hopeless, they didn't give up!!! Keep going and fighting for good!
Parent Written byBradley W. March 31, 2018

Transformers the Last Knight has exterme violence consisting battles, men of fire and screaming in agnoy, and unclear body parts. There are exterme vehicle chases and machin warfares. Liquids coming out of machines that die. There is minimal use of drinking and sexual content.

Families believe 14 years or higher is an appropriate age for Transformers.

Adult Written byA H December 31, 2017

Too much foul language for any age

Without the swearing, not a horrible movie. My kids cannot watch this and I won't watch it again though just due to the language. Could've been a decent movie for family night without all the profanity. Obviously there will be another one. I'll definitely look at common sense rating prior to watching next time. Not worth my time when I can't fully enjoy a movie just because the language is too much for our preference.

Parent of a 18+ year old Written byDesiree O. November 8, 2017

Must see

I have to admit I did not like the last transformers, but this one was the best out of all of them. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life. I own this movie and I will watch it again and again.
Adult Written byMohamed N. October 12, 2017

This is my all time favorite movies

Best
Parent Written byLouie M. October 1, 2017

shallow

This is the WORST Transformers EVER! So disappointed. My older sons and now my 13 year old have been transformers fans since the beginning. Now, however we are done. The story is okay and obviously the "writers" (if you can call them that) think they can make a shallow story tolerable by adding TONS of foul language. Every character, including the young girl Izabela joins in. Terrible example for young viewers. This was a family friendly enterprize but no more. I will steer my grandson clear of the transformer brand and, as I said before, I am done with these movies and I encourage others to stay away.

Adult Written byryenivxs September 30, 2017

The direction is horrible and all the profanity doesn't help the very weak scripting

Who writes movie scripts these days? How unoriginal to pepper every other sentence with the word sh**. I mean, is the vocabulary really that limited to these movie script writers. The dialogue is bad to begin with, but adding all the profanity makes it even worse. Kids won't care too much or even notice the awful script/dialogue, but they will notice the curse words and my kids don't like hearing that junk. I hope someday we the people will stop paying into these horrible films and see them go away or change, but as long as they make millions this is what we'll get. Stop feeding them. p.s. Forgot to mention they exploit a young woman (16) as a sexual symbol. I mean I can handle a bad film , but add all the filth on top of it, and now I want to warn others not to watch. I will be reading these reviews next time before I rent.

Adult Written byAlbertusRoy September 23, 2017

Kedalaman

Ketika di kedalaman cade sampai di sebuah benda yang dimana terdapat makam marlin. pada adengan itu terdapat hal tidak tepat, di kedalaman laut yang sangat dalam dan telah hilang lama, masih terdapat ruang yang tidak ada air atau dapat di katakan masih ada daratan yang memiliki udara. Terima Kasih.
Adult Written byGarry Y. July 10, 2017

Not enough Optimus

I just watched the worst movie out of the series. There were too many holes and gaps in the plot. Optimus Prime was nowhere to be seen most of the time. The reason this movie is not doing as well in the box office is because transformers fans want to see Prime not Mark Wahlberg.
Adult Written byprashant r. July 10, 2017

NO STORY ALL MESSED UP

Last series of transformers having no connection with the new series , its seems the director has not worked on the story part only action are happening irrelevant to story . in 3hrs u wont be able to understand the story only you can see the action happening.
Adult Written byMari B. July 8, 2017

worst movie ever

This was the worst movie ever you could tell it was written by a different writer because it was long and boring and was all over the place, I was excited when saw another transformer movie coming out because i love the transformers i went with my grand children and even they were bored. we were half way through the movie before we even saw optimus prime and he was in a cameo for about 5 minute s and then he was gone again until the end the transformers were in and out it was just terrible he the writer ruined the movie for me