Toys come to life in big, boomy explosion fest.

Kid, 10 years old April 3, 2011

just plain bad

wow i think i have never seen a movie as warped and volient as transformers.A robot scorpion tale rips through a man for gods sake!constant bad langue and megan fox is so emotionless i thought she was a robot !
Parent of a 3 and 7 year old Written bykelldeal October 9, 2009
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 12 and 15 year old Written byprescottrdjd August 2, 2009

AWESOME MOVIE Good for all ages

It was even better than the first one. Great to see the old cartoon come to life on the big screen.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byAshaxe April 27, 2011

I'd say ok for 5+ just a parent's call of what they think their kid can handle!

My husband and son LOVE this movie!!! As for the language...you hear most of the words on regular tv. We do have conversations with our kiddo that there are certain words he's not allowed to use. But, I really think he misses most of that because he just likes the action! As for the sexual stuff...I really think most of that goes over his head. So, as long as you are comfortable to have an open conversation with your kids I think this is an ok movie for them to watch! My kid watches it over and over...and I really think he is just fine. Again, he's 5...he just likes all the action...and the action is pretty great!
Parent of a 11 and 14 year old Written bybulldog93 April 10, 2011
Parent of a 9 year old Written byTAB74 September 6, 2009
This is an awesome movie and our whole family loved it! Yes, there is some bad language and sexual behaviour so know your child's limits.
Parent of a 8 year old Written bygrits August 4, 2009

Not perfect for anyone.

Too much gratuitous bad language or "almost" bad language. Inappropriate sexual movements by robots and characters. This movie would've been a lot better without this foul stuff - didn't add to the story at all, what little story there was. Too much violence and mayhem without any plot as well. Very poorly done movie. It really disappointed my boy.
Kid, 11 years old February 3, 2011

Cool

Saw this in school and about 3 times at home. Awsome movie full of action.
Adult Written bybdh July 9, 2011

Megan Fox ruins the movie

dissapointing megan fox film.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 7, 2010
pretty good
Parent of a 9 year old Written bysnowfireny May 7, 2010

Great movie, not good for under 13

This had way too much teenage-driven sexual innuendo. My 9 year old loves transformers, but I would not feel this is appropriate due to the high volume of sexual humor and the disrespectful comments such as bros before hos and laughing about being a virgin.
Adult Written bynamnam November 24, 2010

Great Movie! but the first one rocked

Great Movie! but the first one rocked . that's it. found a transporter in france :) fun to watch: www.lookeen.net/de/352/allgemein/deutsch-e-postbrief-lookeen-stellt-sich...
Teen, 13 years old Written byperfectionist December 19, 2009

awesome

This movie blew me away. The special effects are awesome. Kids will love; adult transformer fans will love; watch it.
Adult Written bygamenerd323 November 3, 2009

Must watch the movie!

Excellent excellent excellent movie for teens and mature tweens!!! Must watch this movie!
Adult Written bygibby84 June 30, 2009

Loved it!!!!

I really enjoyed this movie and although it was violent at points it wasn't gory because it was just the robots doing the fighting. They also had some humor that I got a good laugh at and some that was harmless to younger viewers because it was a double meaning they wouldn't understand.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytoysorama. July 20, 2015

Entertainment

I was thoroughly entertained by this movie. After all these years this movie still holds up and is a big part of my childhood. While it is just to sell toys, it's pretty good for what it's supposed to be. There is some offensive humor but most of this stuff will pass over your kid's heads.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhermione1226 April 11, 2015

Could've Been SO Much Better

Michael Bay could have done so much more with these movies, instead of turning them into yet another addition to the list of his mindless explosion-fests of movies. Sadly, this is probably the best of the series. Another problem I have with these movies is that Transformers are supposed to be a kids' thing. They even advertise them on kids' channels, like Nickelodeon. Yet, the material is clearly not for kids! Sex, F-bombs?That's not acceptable. This particular movie introduced me to the term "masturbating" when I was in fifth grade. Yeah, fifth grade. Thanks, Nickelodeon!
Adult Written byChrisams August 20, 2010

Avoid, unless you're looking to waste a couple of hours.

For a movie that essentially a massive advert for toys aimed at 4-11 year olds, - the content is totally inappropriate for any child under 10 and some parents would think twice before letting even their 10\11 year olds watch it. The storyline is extremely basic, with next to no character development (and for those that pay any level of attention, fequently contradicts itself). The language is crude, crass, dull and uninspiring, with dull-witted and puerile jokes. On the special effects front, Transformers is good, but the overly shaky camera movements and blurring make the action difficult to make out. If you want to want a sci-fi\action movie with little to no storyline that features large explosions, you could do a lot better. If you want to watch a movie that will vacuously fill up a couple of hours of your life, then you should give this movie a shot.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymattthemovieman June 30, 2009

very very good movie!!!!!

funny intense action movie that doesnt have exsesive sexual content in it ... imagine that!!???
Teen, 14 years old Written byJesseVitu October 20, 2011

Pretty Good, but Lots of Inappropriate Material

This movie is very cool, and many pre-teens will want to watch it. However, the suggestive material and language may ruin the movie for many of those pre-teens. The movie is filled with innuendos, including many things that are definitely inappropriate for younger kids. Also, Mikaela is constantly in skimpy clothes. There a couple of incomplete F-bombs, but other than that, the language is pretty normal for PG-13. Violence is intense, but not gory, since most of it is robots. Based on your kid and their maturity, I think it would be ok for teens to see this movie.