All member reviews for Tremors

Modest monster flick is great fun for teens.

Parent of a 14 year old Written byjacob0929 May 14, 2009

tremors!!!

good but lots of language
Adult Written byTracyeMay August 13, 2010

A fun horror movie

I love this movie. A hilarious horror movie. Kevin Bacon and Fred Ward are hilarious together. Then, Reba McIntire's bit part is genius.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrandonheaton May 27, 2009
Very bad language throughout film. Barely even one sentence when out with out a swear word. Kind of stupid movie I like the second tremors better because of less bad language.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMavrah333 May 28, 2015

Sci-fi horror comedy delivers thrills and laughs within the same breath.

This film is undoubtedly stupid, a straight up b-movie. It knew from the start that it was a silly, forgettable flick. But the film is a very good b-movie, with suspense and humour to keep the audience gripped. Many characters are likable, interesting and/or funny, and the aliens are themselves stupid in design, but well made. This is not the funniest or most exciting movie ever, but fans of horror, sci-fi and comedy should consider giving this flick a go. The film also gives positive ideas on teamwork.
Adult Written bySirenStar November 4, 2011

Really good movie, but scary for kids.

I first saw this movie, without my mom knowing, at age 10. It SCARED ME TO DEATH!! I love the movie, but it still gives me the heebie-jeebies to this day because, in my opinion, I saw it when I was too young. Should've listened to my mom haha ^_^
Teen, 14 years old Written byMeow314159 October 23, 2010

Look at review below

I only saw like 1/4 of the movie, but everything that I would say is what Boon said. So, look at the review below....
Kid, 11 years old July 15, 2011

Sick and scary

This is a sick, scary movie. If you let children watch it you are a monster. There were about 20 cusses in the first 20 minutes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAstroPhysics November 22, 2015

This movie is really good

I really enjoyed Tremors. I have seen Tremors 1-4, but this one (the 1st one) is the best in my opinion. There is cussing and stuff. The giant underground worms try to kill everyone, but its not really serious, just comical. One of the main characters played Gus Grissom in The Right Stuff, and he is super funny. You should see it, it's one of those movies that is so bad it's good. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.
Parent Written byMoral sense mother October 31, 2015

Moral Dump

Within five minutes the language and comments about female and breasts was just disgusting and demoralizing. Not for my teen son at all and Hollywood should be ashamed that we can't produce something funny and guy style gore with a little morality. Being a sexist pig is not funny
Kid, 11 years old June 21, 2014

Tremors review

Tonight i watched Tremors. I half enjoyed it, i found it OK. but I think there is a lot of swearing through out the movie. A bit of violence with guns, dynamite etc. There was a lot of smoking and drinking beer through out the movie. The movie didnt give any great messages or great role models either. It is very intense and a lot of risk taking and a bit of really fake meat, flesh also blood.I would rate this for 11 and over. It may scare some kids with giant worms that come out of the ground and drag people under ground then eat them.
Teen, 13 years old Written byblumonkithegr8 August 26, 2013

It isn't that bad, get over it

If you are going to let your kid watch this, remember that they may be sensetive to monster and or bad language.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymiles12345677A. August 3, 2013

fun

great creature FX!
Kid, 12 years old May 7, 2013

They're Under the Ground!

This is a wonderful B-Movie for all those times you're bored with your children. Wonderful cast, diverse humor, and a great story about how geographically isolated people are attacked by underground giant worms. There is a fair amount of swearing, but it still is a great movie nonetheless. Be sure to catch the 2 sequels and the prequel! They're all good movies, with Burt Gummer (Michael Gross from Family Ties) reprising as the paranoid leader. With a TV series.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 25, 2012

Really good!

Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

good movie

i remember watching this when i was about 6 or 7 and it didnt scare me at all.i thought it was awesome.i watched about 20 times.
Kid, 11 years old August 28, 2010

Boon's rating

The characters in this movie curse almost every second, including one f--k said by kevin bacon. the violence is bloody but cheap and fake looking. the main character also smoke, and are bribed to stay in the town for free beer. the sexual content is spoken, not visual. kevin bacon is driving towards a woman and is imagining what she would look like. one sentence was very innapropriate. he said, "you willhave world class breasts, and a-s that keeps on going, and legs that won't stop". the word mother humper is used twice (describing the worms) the character bert is obsessed with guns and has them all over his wall. overall appropriate.
Parent Written byPlague December 14, 2009

Tremors

Great movie, awesome actors, and definitely surpasses its sequels. Lots of violence, but thats just what makes a movie like this, that much better.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycross_breed August 13, 2009

Scary for Younger Viewers 2 F-Bombs, not One

This movie scared the crap out of me when I was twelve. Not a bad one though. And they're wrong about the f-bombs. There're two. When the monster crashes into the ditch, one hero screams "F--- you!" to it. And when it flies off the cliff at the end, the same guy screams, "Can you fly f---er!?" at it. The second one might not even be an f word though. That's just what I heard.