Showbiz satire is witty, violent, controversial.

Kid, 12 years old May 12, 2010

Good war movie, not for kids.

It's about these 3 actors who are making a war movie and end up fighting off a drug cartel, so there will be referencing to drugs and possibly doing drugs. There is a bit of nudity but a ton of violence and gore, many people get shot at and mass amounts of blood pours out or people get their guts ripped out or people explode. The language is constant and not for younger viewers who cannot handle gore.
Kid, 11 years old April 25, 2010
This is one of my favorite movies. It was sooooooooo funny! It's not a kids movie though! You should be in your double digits when you see this movie. It has a lot of swearing, drugs, and violence in it too. They say some type of swear word in pretty much every sentence.
Kid, 11 years old November 25, 2009

for those old enogh to drive to the therater

below average
Kid, 11 years old November 9, 2009

so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love this movie, it earned it's r rating for a reasom but i think it's nothing your kid can't handle, as long as he wont imatate. i never do, 63 f words will be bad if your children imatate movies. trust me 63, you count them.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGabrielStorm September 21, 2009

omg

i loved this movie. it was freakin hilarious!! language was horrible but tom cruise as a fat hairy guy?! wtf?! XD
Teen, 13 years old Written byxxgriffinxx September 19, 2009

haha

Very funny
Kid, 8 years old August 9, 2009

booty sweat

its a good movie
Teen, 15 years old Written byVivian_L July 30, 2009

Funny movie~

It was pretty funny; good enough to watch twice. (although it's not as funny the second time) It was full of dark humor, some parts were slightly disturbing. It was a very entertaining movie, I'll probably watch it again, again. It's not something someone under the age of 13 should watch; lots of violence, language, and a young boy selling illegal drugs.
Teen, 13 years old Written byelgreggo July 19, 2009

The Best!!

I Loved this movie. I saw it on DVD and i watched it over and over!!! Robert Downey Jr. was hilarious!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bygodawgs56 July 16, 2009
Mainly just bad foul language but other then that it made me laugh my guts out
Teen, 13 years old Written bylivyjedi July 11, 2009

Laugh it up

this is perfect for any theen or tween, i saw it when iwas twelve and it is perfect because they have heard all the referances at school so its totally fine
Teen, 14 years old Written byerick112 July 5, 2009

this movie is funny as hell

a very smart idea to put fake trailers in the beginning of the movie. this movie has funny humor and really violent scenes that are funny. this movie is the funniest movie of 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byeastside01 June 11, 2009

Tropic Thunder has great characters.

Tropic Thunder is one of the best comedies of 2008 because ben stiller has been having a few rough patches in movies and this one was his real spark. A great comedy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBrando804 June 10, 2009

An amazing comedy epic!

I'm 14, and a big Ben Stiller fan, this film is an epic! It's funny, witty, and comicly violent! The humor and language are a little mature, but kids hear twice as bad out of friends and parents! The violence is not at all realistic, and there is no nudity, even in the directors cut, which I own.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTrinity507 April 24, 2009

Clever satire, but some jokes in bad taste.

I am fourteen and I watched this movie...and was extremely uncomfortable. Yes, it was witty, yes, it was funny...but I would have appreciated much more if I had waited a few years. I actually thought that the whole blackface thing was excellent satire on being overly politically correct and how we need to let go of typical black stereotypes, but the "retard" jokes and especially the drug references were way, way over the top. The drugs bothered me even more due to Ben Stiller's friend Owen Wilson struggles with addiction. The language was awful - the movie wouldn't have suffered for having a few less F-bombs, etc. Oral sex references were embarrassing (I watched this with my dad). And, to go back to the whole "retard" thing...it wasn't quite as bad as people made it out to be, and some aspects of the joke were clever satire, but it could have been done in a way that was less derogatory and more of an entertaining spoof on the portrayal of mental disabilities in the media. All in all, a good movie; but definitely don't bring the kids.
Kid, 9 years old March 22, 2009

tropic thunder review by critic07

It was probaly the funniest movie i have ever seen. It had pervasive f**k's and s**t's and other bad and racial words the n word has one appearence. But it was really funny
Kid, 11 years old March 22, 2009

13 and up for fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I say this movie is iffy, I mean that it is a hard core R movie, with almost a world rcord of F--ks. Many people are fans of this movie, including middle schoolers, but I think it would be okay for 13 and up. Parents should strongly supervise children while watching this movie, and be aware of swearing fits, and sexual content. Pretty bad, but cheesy violence makes this movie funny!
Teen, 15 years old Written byHappilyEverAfter March 13, 2009

Once is enough for me!

I saw this movie with my cousins and although it had some extremely funny parts, the humor mostly was very crude. I like intelligent humor, so if you're like me, then this movie might not be the one for you! Jack Black was fantastic though!
Kid, 12 years old January 8, 2009

pretty good

i liked it
Teen, 13 years old Written bytmoose95 December 4, 2008

IT WAS AN AWSOME MOVIE

It had some crude jokes here and there and one nude book he flips thru once but other than that its pretty much ok for 13