All member reviews for Tucker & Dale vs. Evil

Clever horror-comedy has decent message underneath gore.

Teen, 16 years old Written bykojitheman November 3, 2011

Funny

Lots of gore. My rating: Gory violence, disturbing images, Some strong language, and some partial nudity.
Teen, 14 years old Written byUniversityScholar54 November 25, 2011

Review by a scholar from colombus university

A great family favourite. Good for boys who are interested in zombies and under the age of 13.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylikestowatchmovies June 13, 2012

good message

it violent but in a comedic way and it has a very good message at the end
Adult Written bywonder dove April 27, 2012

A delightful surprise!

I didn't know what to expect before watching this, but the trailer was interesting and the online reviews were very convincing. I have to say, very original! I thought it would turn into one of those lame, not funny, try-hard kind of films but it was excellent, very funny and even heartwarming at times. The hillbillies are just two normal, sensitive, very caring guys who go off on a fishing trip until they meet up with a group of spoiled teens who go mad and try to murder them (but instead they murder each other, which makes it so hilarious). All I would be cautious with is some gore, lots of "F Bombs" (like any teen horror/comedy) and some minor sexual innuendo but nothing drastic. The drugs, smoking and drinking are quick & minor. Great for 15 and up I'd say!
Parent Written byparentguider November 5, 2012

Great positive fun!

This movie is a funny very violently gory film that gives the positive message of don't judge a book by its cover. Kids will enjoy its goofyness and parents will enjoy some of the plot even if their is some strong language. Have fun!
Adult Written bydarthsitkur October 28, 2014

it's so hilarious lol

tucker and dale vs evil is extremely funny, I laughed out loud numerous times lol
Teen, 15 years old Written byYpseru March 25, 2014

Funny, but bloody

This is an excellent, but bloody movie. It has a very good message about trying to say positive things, not negative, and messages about you are more handsome than you think you are. Although it has this great message, there is a bit of profanity (not loads of it, but an occasional thing here and there), and violence. Although there's only one character that is actually violent, yet he never really kills anyone. The only killing is really just one mistake after another, such as not looking where you're running and impale yourself on a branch. People are seen drinking and driving. And finally, some casual flirting. So really, a great message, that's pretty funny. 15+. Also, there's a lot of death that, if you think about it, is kind of funny. I don't think young kids should be exposed to this kind of humor.