All member reviews for Turbo

Speedy snail dreams big in fun animated comedy.

Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2014

Dumb Family Comedy by Disney with a Positive Message

Turbo is an animated family comedy about a snail that wants to race (NASCAR--I believe). He receives some magical power or something that makes him fast and wins the race. Personally, I think Disney could've done better. I was very disappointed with this movie. I thought it was very unrealistic. Therefore, the movie didn't make a lot of sense. The ideas were unorganize and all over the place. I prefer a movie with events that can happen. A snail winning a race against cars is not realistic. Some families may find this a very cute story, though. The snail is a great role model. He shows that you need to work hard to achieve your goals, have self-confidence, and never give up. These messages are very important for children of all ages, especially since children struggle with this. There is very mild cartoon violence in this movie. I think a child could handle it. I recall a scene where the snail nearly gets squished and there is some competitive violence during the race towards the end. Sex really isn't an issue, except for the innuendo. In one part of the movie, the snails are saying someone or something has nice curves. You find out it is actually a tomato. This will go over your child's head, though. There is a decent climax in this movie. It won't attract the older crowd, though.
Kid, 12 years old June 19, 2014

At Least give it 4 or more stars because its awesome

I think that this movie is great for young people to know that animals and insects are not just to kill their nature dont get me wrong if you hate bugs but this show is proving that snails are more than just slow and annoying animals they have rights like we humans have rights they also have the right to live like we do this is a great movie I think you should watch this fantastic show!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFriendlyReviewer April 8, 2014

Awesome Animated Movie

Better Than Movies Like Planes Which Does Not Contain Any Moral Values But This Contains Messages Like "No Dream Is Too Big, Nor Any Dreamer is Too Small.." Which Provokes Confidence..
Written byAnonymous February 28, 2014

Typical Underdog Story

Wasn't too excited by this movie. Although there were some great messages about finding who you are etc etc and there were some great one-liners, it wasn't anything original or surprising.
Kid, 11 years old January 12, 2014

Funny!

This movie was not dumb like I thought it would be, and kids would love this hilarious movie! Adults might like this movie, too, but probably not as much as kids.
Teen, 15 years old Written byStevie111 January 2, 2014

Surprisingly good, amusing movie

It was cute and funny and just entertaining with no mature content really. It was very good
Teen, 13 years old Written bysmiles0325 November 29, 2013

Super Cute!

I think Turbo is a suer cute movie that teaches kids to not give up on their dreams. My twins sisters loved it and thought it was funny.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHaithamB November 20, 2013

Moviegoer14: Turbo

Turbo is Really Entertaining and very funny.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDoritos-6 November 16, 2013

Great Movie of Summer 2013

Some violence in it but it is a great movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 November 12, 2013

Animated comedy is loveable, charming, and has great messages...but not that funny and missing something...

Teen, 13 years old Written bySnowyjoe November 3, 2013

Turbo Review

It was a little violent, mostly at the end. Just stuff like explosions though. One of the worst movies of 2013.
Kid, 9 years old October 12, 2013

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turbo is the best movie in the WORLD!!!!! ---------------
Teen, 13 years old Written byfandango 2001 August 9, 2013

creative movie

Sure son of a gun was used but I have heard worse words like son of a b***h.
Adult Written bylilwhissy August 4, 2013

How is learning to fight for your dreams not educational?

Kids today and adults are basically being taught not to dream about anything except stopping global warming. Thankfully and refreshingly the liberals agenda has stayed out of this movie. My 6 yr old son loved this movie and we talked about it on the way home never giving up on your dream no matter how hard it is to accomplish. One has to work hard and that is ok. This is a great movie to inspire little entrepreneurs to dream big and fight for that dream.
Kid, 11 years old July 31, 2013

okay

its okay.you can see it once.worst movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byBatmanGuy1 July 28, 2013

A great movie for Kids

Surprisingly, I really liked Turbo. My little Nephew who is 5 also liked it. It was funny and just makes you smile when Turbo has his hopes and dreams come true. Michael Pena is in it and he does a good job playing the goofy guy at the taco stand. The movie is really unrealistic, but what can you expect from a movie about a snail racing in the Indie 500.
Teen, 15 years old Written byStemma21 July 27, 2013

Turbo

Turbo is a cute, positive movie with a lot of unexpected things that happen throughout. It's fine for kids at 4 and up.
Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2013

snail+racing= sounds intresting

i liked this movie quite a bit, the animation looked amazing and good voice actors. there is one point of the movie where there drinking beer but no smoking or other drugs. the movie has a good moral and that is to never give up and to go for the goal and other stuff of that sort. there is a few point's where some of the characters are in danger or hurt. this moving at some point's i felt that the only point of this movie was to teach kids lessons about stuff like bullying, and that's not really a bad thing but Dreamworks does not usually do that kind of thing. Dreamworks movies are not as good as they used to be sometimes but that does not mean all the new ones are bad. i would not say this movie was terrible but it was not amazing like some Dreamworks movies are. overall I enjoyed this movie and got what i expected mostly, im also really glad that there's only one snail pun in the movie. unlike cloudy with a chance of meatballs and there food puns and im sure that there is tons more to come from what i saw in the trailer for the second one. well hope i helped you decide if your going to see this with or with out kids etc.
Kid, 10 years old July 26, 2013

Amazing!

Awesome movie! Funny and makes me happy. Little sexuality. Some toilet humor. Turbo dreams to be in the Indie 500 and later falls into a car and is made super fast. Friends and family don't help Turbo, "crushing" his dreams. He keeps going and he comptes in he race. Good, clean message.
Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2013

Turbo -- Movie Review

Fun film, not much of anything objectionable. Recommend fore a fun family outing