All member reviews for Turbo

Speedy snail dreams big in fun animated comedy.

Parent of a 8 year old Written byBabbit July 20, 2013

It's a kids movie afterall...

TURBO is actually a kids movie, for kids, with a happy ending, a positive message, and limited scares (not sure the crows would rank as scary). It's a simple story with simple yet, motivated and passionate characters, characters we can relate to... I think the 'speed' of the movie is just right. We keep pushing the bar on excitement and action so high that kids can't actually digest moments in movies. This movie can be digested. You shouldn't find any moments needing the dodge. You won't need to walk your kids out because the scary is too scary. After the movie you can pick a message to discuss; never giving up, being supportive of a dreams even if you don't agree with the dreamer, building your dream not matter what others say. Kudos to DreamWorks for staying kid focused because the kids are the audience, not teenagers or parents.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySamlovesz July 17, 2013

Looked funny but very disappointing.

I saw this movie Today. With all the commercials and hype I've been hearing on TV for the last 2 months I was very disappointed. This movie looked really appealing and funny, it was kid friendly but not very funny for adults. It had many jokes kids would laugh at but over all it just didn't make sense at all. Overall the movie was very unorganized and not what I expected. I'm very disappointed.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySean Broucek July 16, 2013

Good.

Parents, this fun animated comedy from the director of "Despicable Me" has plenty of positive messages and some peril to entertain kids, but the more intense subject matter and peril makes it best for kids above the age of 7. Violence is almost nothing, except for one intense action sequence that will upset sensitive kids, especially in 3D format. No sexuality. Language is limited to some brief crude humor. In the end, this laughable family-friendly comedy is best for kids 7 and up. Rated PG For Thematic Elements, Some Brief Crude Humor, And An Intense Action Sequence.
Kid, 10 years old July 20, 2013

Best family movie of the summer!

It is really good and shows you can accomplish big things. I recommend this for kids of almost any age. Good role models and positive messages. Really good plot. I think it is more kid friendly than "Despicable Me 2"
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byNLHolly December 7, 2013

Great Family Movie

Loved this. Less social aggression than most movies. Great characters, great themes of brotherhood. Agree with official review that the snails get into peril a lot, but only one (involving birds) that had my kids (2 and 4) squirming, and was quickly resolved. Our favorite family movie to date!
Adult Written bycourtwork November 30, 2013

5 Stars in the family friendly category

This movie is cute and fun. I give it 3.5 stars (good) for overall quality, and 5 stars in the family friendly category. Reviews here helped me select this film for family movie night with kids ages 7 and 10, and we all enjoyed it. This film is appropriate for all ages. It entertains while omitting the demeaning cheap shots and sexualized characters and content that spoil so many other films intended for kids. Rent or buy this one and enjoy it with the whole family.
Parent of a 9 and 13 year old Written byfastraxsg September 1, 2013

baised report?

im not a real fan of animation and cartoon, so im probably a bit baised when i said it was boring. yes, boring. but of course it might actually be entertaining to a 5 year old.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovielover7271 July 25, 2013

Disappointing

I wasn't sure what to expect from turbo. I love dreamworks, but their last film "the croods" was unfunny and boring. Mostly the same as turbo. I'm always in the mood for immaturity in kids movies but this went over the limits of immature, like Lucy in Despicable me 2 (other than that despicable me 2 was hilarious). Younger kids might find the indy 500 scene too intense for some youngsters probably under the age of 4. Maybe kids 8 or 7 and under will enjoy it but for ages 9 or 10+ skip it because you are more than likely to walk out of the theater thinking why you spent money on this. Ages 4-8. Grade D+
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2013

Turbo in the Words of My Brother

This review is written by my six-year-old brother. (Spoiler alert!) "It was sad at one point because all the cars bumped into each other and all of the race cars ran out of gas and smoke came out of them and a racer came out of his car and broke off the snail's shell and he still had his thing that makes him fast and he finished the race before the guy that took off his shell. The movie was good because he won the race, because Turbo won the race.
Adult Written byLowe's man January 8, 2014

Good movie but lacking in one area.

There are positive messages in this movie, like following your dreams and never giving up. The race is exciting as well. There is something in which the movie is lacking, though. After the Indianapolis 500 was over, the title character should've gone back to his garden-snail community, at which point the other snails should've accepted him. At that point Turbo should've gone back to his regular job in the garden while continuing to race a few times a year as a second job. The other snails should've then cheered him on when he raced, and should've also accepted him at his regular job in the garden.
Kid, 10 years old November 3, 2013

AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

best movie yet!!!!!!!!!It was an outstanding picture of one of my favorite animals SNAILS!!!!!!!!THERE WAS EVERYTHING A GREAT MOVIE NEEDS!!!!!!!!
Written byAnonymous October 31, 2013

This movie is entertaining and really funny

Turbo is a really enjoyable movie and it is very funny. Full of laughter I think this movie is underrated. It gives a positive message about always trying to acheive your dreams no matter how big. Anyway watch it.
Parent of a 7, 9, 9, and 10 year old Written byILoveMYKids3333 August 26, 2013

Turbo Is The Family Movie!

I took my 7, 9, 9, and 10 year old and my husband to see this. we all loved it 5/5! Good Plot and story line! it has a positive message, never stop believing! Turbo is cute!
Parent of a 5 year old Written bycarobear July 29, 2013

great for Cars and racing fans

I was a little worried going into this movie because I didn't know a lot about it, other than it was about racing and supposed to be age-appropriate for my child (based on friends' comments). I thought it was cute and entertaining, though, and my son LOVED it...enough so that we're going to see it again. Cons: There are several parts where crows grab a snail, and a little boy squishes a bug with his tricycle, but nothing majorly alarming. There's also a part where a snail is squashed by a car wheel which I think could have been left out. I found out later that scene is in one of the preview trailers, so if you're concerned, you could take a look before going to see the full movie. Pros: heartwarming, funny characters. The "snail crew" is fabulous! Lots of "cool racing stuff" as my son put it. Positive messages, and a fun soundtrack. Overall, I highly recommend it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydanielvasquezgimaikl July 26, 2013

Funny, and Cute but it has some Stereotypes Characters but Fun for all ages

Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 24, 2015
Kid, 8 years old July 13, 2015

Awful,dumb,extremely boring,stupid,slow,unoriginal comedy is fine for kids.

My rating:G
Kid, 10 years old April 28, 2015

Not the best film but good entertainment

It's sorta similar to the other 2013 animated films so there aren't that many surprises. But it's got good entertainment and there's no reason not to like its jokes and...stuff. It's just not the best film of the film but it's still great.
Kid, 12 years old February 8, 2015

ALL

Contains very mild comic threat and humor.
Written byAnonymous September 16, 2014

Dreamy snail race car movie is adorable

My rating:PG for rude humor and mild action