Parent of a 17 year old Written bytwilight saga January 26, 2010

TWLIGHT SAGA NEW MOON WAS MY LIFe"""

i really lOve diz movie. I think itz time tO changE d wOrld upsidE dOwn ay..
Adult Written byTy3401 November 10, 2009

Only for love drunk teenage girls.

Besides terrible directing... this movie definitely missed the mark. It had potential with good acting but the directing, again, ruined this movie. The only concern that I had is that at the end of the movie a 16 year old girl runs away with her boyfriend states away, and when found by her parents there where absolutely no consequences.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bycarterl1 October 24, 2009

great movie as long as ur kids know movies from real life!!!!! My kids love the movie!!!!!

me and my family loved it the boys loved the whole vampire thing and i loved the love story with it. I have read all the books and we are taking the whole family to see new moon out nov. 20, The kids love seeing the movie and the trailer for upcoming because of the vamps and the wolves.
Parent of a 5, 8, and 10 year old Written bymomof3girls October 10, 2009

Relationship issues not appropriate for pre-teens

Though there isn't too much in the way of blatant sex or that type of thing, the whole movie is about an incredibly intense obsessive relationship between a teenage girl and a "teenage" vampire (who is actually over 100 years old) I loved the books, liked the movie, but my pre-teen girls are not seeing it (or reading it) for several years.
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byarudek805 September 26, 2009

Read the Book

Robert Pattison might be dreamy in the eyes of every tween girl. but the bad acting and low quality special effects make this movie painful to sit through.
Parent of a 2 and 6 year old Written bySnoozhe September 5, 2009

I think my husband was tortured with this movie...

I think my husband was tortured with this movie...though like Edward he didn't say much. I really liked the books and I love Harry Potter--so it's not the content. But what happened? I was almost bored. They could have developed the characters at least a little. And the smoldering, serious looks were just too much. In the book, Bella is amused by things and happy sometimes. Catherine Hardwicke did a beautiful job with "Nativity Story." I may have to bribe my hubby big time to watch "New Moon." I just hope it's better!
Adult Written bybelgian_booklover August 21, 2009
Parent of a 7 year old Written bymjj1993 August 8, 2009

Edward can be a good role model

Although he's full of teen-age angst long past the age he should be, Edward is a good role model for young men. He's respectful of Bella (even though he follows her) and wants very much to "do the right thing" and introduce himself to her father as they officially begin to date each other. Anyone who knows the book will know how that's going to turn out. There are elements of Edward's obsession although they can be played off as part of the vampire lore. I have issues with the very passive Bella of the film. Bella in the book is smart and witty, although a little shy. Bella of the film is a moping, uninteresting girl who can't seem to speak without looking as though she needs to burp.
Parent of a 9 year old Written bykbrown73 June 20, 2009

Depends on the child

My 9 year old has seen Twilight and loves it. I think it depends on the child if they should see it. The PG-13 rating is based on the fighting and violence. But compared to what kids can see on tv these days this movie is very mild!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byJen5413 May 29, 2009

Amazing Movie!!!

I thought this movie was GREAT!!! I agree with the PG-13 rating and think that your child should be 13 to watch this movie. It has a scene of sensuality and some violence, but other than that it is a really AWESOME movie!
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written byboatingfamily4ever May 11, 2009
i think this moviw is fine for most 11 year olds, but please don't go any younger than 10!
Educator and Parent of a 2 and 6 year old Written bymwtmama May 8, 2009

Not for little kids

I wouldn't let my 6 year old watch it because I think the idea of vampires would really creep her out. It is a very "clean" movie and if she were 12 to 15 I would not mind her watching it. It is definitely not disney!
Educator Written byfif April 21, 2009

Better than expected

I have not read the books, but I felt that this movie was fairly well done. The effects were a little cheesy, and so was the dialogue at times. Not much content to be wary of, but the idea of vampires and the violence associated with it might be a little much for younger kids, as well as one very mild scene with some kissing between Bella and Edward.
Adult Written bychristy425 April 10, 2009

Be careful with tweens and teens alike, use it for discussion!

I have read the book and watched the movie this afternoon. My friend's 12 year old wanted to read the book, so I told her I would read it first. My recommendation is to read the book before your daughter (or son). This way you will be able to discuss the poor choices and how much of what Bella did was inappropriate. Their relationship is very intense in the book and you somewhat understand her obsession with Edward. In the movie it isn't as clear so you kind of just think she's a little crazy. So watching the movie without reading the book may lead to some confusion. I would hate for my daughter to think that the kind of intense relationship was "normal". However, it is fun to read about.
Adult Written byJennifer Grasso March 24, 2009

The book is better

Fun but the acting could have been better. Not nearly as good as the book.
Adult Written byMom_and_Son February 10, 2009

"The bad acting was overcome by the amazing plot. AMAZING!!!!"

I saw this movie 2 days after it came out with my older brother. He hated it. I LOVED it. The acting is at community level but it is still a touching love story!
Parent Written byRuth1959 April 13, 2013

Appropriate

My daughter who is nine by the way loves this movie and so does my husband. Even thought there is the whole vampire thing going on it shows that abstinence is right and that is what Stephanie Myer intended
Parent of a 7 and 15 year old Written byParentReviewz January 23, 2013

The only some-what good twilight.

I Don't Really Enjoy Twilight, It's Just Not For Me, However, I Actually Liked This Movie. Should all Guys See it? No. But, this one is actually interesting because they try to make it like a some-what horror romance and it is entertaining at some parts.
Parent of a 6 and 10 year old Written byDobbie17 December 31, 2012

Twilight - No 1

My daughter (aged 10 - mature aged 10) and I watched this film over the Christmas period. I watched it as a movie and nothing more - the acting was ok, the story was ok (come on vampires are not real!!) and to be honest the whole experience was ok. My daughter who is a mature 10 year old enjoyed it - what did she take away from it - nothing more then that she enjoyed it - she has not looked any deeper into the film or read between any lines!! If your child is a mature 10 year old + then I would recoment this film.
Adult Written bymakuta December 2, 2012

Twilight, lowering the age of sexual maturity

This movie is definitely not for kids, if anybody had closely read the book (not too closely, might lose brain cells), Stephanie Meyers is continuously pushing the notation that "sex before marriage while you are underage is okay"; the main character Bella is constantly trying to get into Edward's pants the whole series, but the only reason she doesn't is because she respects Edward's choice to get married first (what a saint, pedophilia and statutory rape averted). And what's with Jacob? The only nice guy in the entire book and movie that is trying to woo Bella, and not being a total jerk, but you know the saying: "Nice guys finish last"; it's only in the second half of the movie that Jacob finds true love...with a baby. As time goes by books and movies are getting more and more connotative towards sex, drugs, and rock and roll (don't tell me you don't notice the psychedelic euphoria the vampires go through after tasting a tiny bit of human blood), while plot holes just keep multiplying and growing (was I the only one who noticed Edward's special ability to sparkle in the daylight suddenly disappeared between the second and third book/movie?). This movement is definitely an age gap problem; when I was younger I loved Harry Potter, but now that I am older and much more educated in literature and subliminal media, I realize that Harry Potter is only slightly better than Twilight. The only difference is that directors tried much harder in the HP movies than the Twilight movies. If you have any problem with this review, look it up on the web before you decide that I am crazy for not loving a boring, bland, mentally-crooked, teenage girl for turning down a really nice, down-to-earth, half wolf-half body builder for a depressed, psycho-maniac, that spends half his time softly singing lullabies and killing wood-land critters for food. Tons of people have agreed that books and movies like Twilight are a factoring influence in this age's teenage psyche and mentality.