All parent member reviews for Twilight

Parent Written byBelree October 27, 2014

watchable for young teens

Crapy storyline, horrible actors and no sense at all, but something teenage girls love. The movie is really unwatchable for adults, but nice for rainy evening to do something with your daughter if you want to treat her with a movie she'll probably like. I would suggest you to make her read the book first - just for making kids read, not because it would be deeper or more educating.
Adult Written byhelsingmusique October 5, 2014

Just Don't

I don't think watching this will harm anyone that much mentally, although there are some things to consider. First off, I have to admit, I've seen the first 3 films and I have read the complete series, I read the books first and started really turning my opinions of this series when the movie came out. The acting is really bad in this film, I really do think it is mainly the lead, Kristen Stewart's acting that makes this film completely uncomfortable to watch, but that's a personal opinion on someone's acting skills. The script for this movie wasn't well done, in most movies they create from books, they have to cut stuff out, in this film however they could have made some stuff up, probably would have helped the movie. It isn't that interesting until you get to the end when there actually is the only bit of violence and action in the film, the rest is quite boring besides when she almost gets hit by a van, that's a little interesting. Most people could probably watch this movie and have an opinion that it was neither good nor bad if they didn't deal with the hype this movie created and they hadn't read the books originally, but because I did both, this movie was such a let down. Although one good thing about the movie, it helped young me see how twisted this book was. It is inappropriate no matter who you are, to sneak into someone's house to watch them sleep, however this happens in the movie and the book, it's creepy. Not only that, but they used this very creepy, stalker-like move and pegged it off as being romantic, which it isn't and no one should be taught it was. Also, and this is digging past the storyline and into the characters, the fact that this series has created a female lead character that is not only so helpless, but can be quite stupid at times as well, is just boring on sexism. The worst part, this was written by a woman who is being sexist towards women by saying you either need to be another species (Ie Werewolf/ Vampire) or a man to be powerful because who helps her? Men and supernatural creatures, yeah, the implications in this film are not good if you look at it through a feminist perspective. But that also means it is being sexist towards men as well because they have to be strong and powerful, they can't receive help individually. Although that being said, this film will not likely mess up your small child, all I know is you couldn't pay me to watch that film again.
Educator and Parent Written byRepublicanMom February 21, 2014

Anti-Christian

The clear paganism is wrong! This is a Christian country! This film is pagan/communist propaganda!
Parent Written byRuth1959 April 13, 2013

Appropriate

My daughter who is nine by the way loves this movie and so does my husband. Even thought there is the whole vampire thing going on it shows that abstinence is right and that is what Stephanie Myer intended
Parent of a 7 and 15 year old Written byParentReviewz January 23, 2013

The only some-what good twilight.

I Don't Really Enjoy Twilight, It's Just Not For Me, However, I Actually Liked This Movie. Should all Guys See it? No. But, this one is actually interesting because they try to make it like a some-what horror romance and it is entertaining at some parts.
Parent of a 6 and 10 year old Written byDobbie17 December 31, 2012

Twilight - No 1

My daughter (aged 10 - mature aged 10) and I watched this film over the Christmas period. I watched it as a movie and nothing more - the acting was ok, the story was ok (come on vampires are not real!!) and to be honest the whole experience was ok. My daughter who is a mature 10 year old enjoyed it - what did she take away from it - nothing more then that she enjoyed it - she has not looked any deeper into the film or read between any lines!! If your child is a mature 10 year old + then I would recoment this film.
Adult Written bymakuta December 2, 2012

Twilight, lowering the age of sexual maturity

This movie is definitely not for kids, if anybody had closely read the book (not too closely, might lose brain cells), Stephanie Meyers is continuously pushing the notation that "sex before marriage while you are underage is okay"; the main character Bella is constantly trying to get into Edward's pants the whole series, but the only reason she doesn't is because she respects Edward's choice to get married first (what a saint, pedophilia and statutory rape averted). And what's with Jacob? The only nice guy in the entire book and movie that is trying to woo Bella, and not being a total jerk, but you know the saying: "Nice guys finish last"; it's only in the second half of the movie that Jacob finds true love...with a baby. As time goes by books and movies are getting more and more connotative towards sex, drugs, and rock and roll (don't tell me you don't notice the psychedelic euphoria the vampires go through after tasting a tiny bit of human blood), while plot holes just keep multiplying and growing (was I the only one who noticed Edward's special ability to sparkle in the daylight suddenly disappeared between the second and third book/movie?). This movement is definitely an age gap problem; when I was younger I loved Harry Potter, but now that I am older and much more educated in literature and subliminal media, I realize that Harry Potter is only slightly better than Twilight. The only difference is that directors tried much harder in the HP movies than the Twilight movies. If you have any problem with this review, look it up on the web before you decide that I am crazy for not loving a boring, bland, mentally-crooked, teenage girl for turning down a really nice, down-to-earth, half wolf-half body builder for a depressed, psycho-maniac, that spends half his time softly singing lullabies and killing wood-land critters for food. Tons of people have agreed that books and movies like Twilight are a factoring influence in this age's teenage psyche and mentality.
Adult Written bykeeyan January 29, 2012

my favorate

this movie is so so so so so so so awesome
Adult Written bykoujokakyuu January 9, 2012

Poor Female Role Models

While the Twilight books and films are entertaining, adults need to consider their messaging to girls and young women. Bella's mother is a flake. Bella is a traditional girl who enjoys domesticity. Edward dictates all the terms of their relationship. When Edward does stalker-ish or manipulative things, it is portrayed as romantic although in real life such behavior would constitute red flags. Bella attaches her entire being and self-worth to Edward's presence and love. Also, author Stephenie Meyer has an agenda: she espouses courtship (not the biggest deal) and personhood (very problematic) through Edward and Bella's choices and actions. I urge anyone with a daughter who is smitten with this series to read "Feminism Doesn't Sparkle: What Twilight Teaches Young Girls" and discuss any points which seem questionable to you. I'd put a link, but CSM doesn't like those.
Adult Written bysilversatyr January 7, 2012

A lesson in what not to do AKA Fantasy Romance done WRONG.

While lauded by many a fangirl, this movie is rather questionable as a show for any immature person to watch. The romance in Twilight is decidedly unrealistic and sends a bad message to the audience - where if a boy likes you he is expected to be allowed access to your room at all hours (seeing Edward unknowingly watching her as she slept sent shivers down my spine - it's quite stalkerish in behaviour), that the girl can just toss aside her friendships for a boy that she only just met, that only the rich, handsome boys have a chance, that killing is alright if it's the bad guy that dies, wanting to end your life to be with the one you 'love' - et cetera. And this is just the first movie! Let's not mention that in the rest of the series there's unrealistic love triangles, suicide attempts (yes, more than one), unhealthy relationships, a lot of supernatural activity, violence galore, no responsibility for your actions, mentions of rape, sexual mentions, an horrific childbirth, 'ownership' of others, 'mild peadophilia' (Bella and Edward's child - who is a baby at the time - is bonded by Edward's rival for Bella's affections - Jake. This bond means that he is her 'guardian' with the intent to marry her when she's grown up - though apparently it's all up to her whether she wants it or not, but being brought up with the expectation would be hell on a childs psyche), subversion of major mythology (sparkling vampires? Try explaining that to any child with half a mind), people being eaten by vampires and major unrealistic expectations of female roles... just to name a few. To think that this is a good show for anyone whose mind is still developing and finding themselves is pure madness. The shallow characters show no actual emotions, and express their so-called love with a coldness that stuns. Add in the subversive themes of male dominance and lack of strength of any kind in the main female lead and you have a film that undermines many other more progressive shows with its pure blandness. I will admit that there are some good characters in the movie - Bella's father and the vampiress Alice among them, but alas, they are not enough to save this sham of a 'love story' from all its faults.
Adult Written byMrA549 November 21, 2011

GAYNESS

ITS TRASH DONT EVER LET YOUR KIDS SEE THIS THEIR EYES WILL BE BURNING AND THEY WILL WANT TO COMMIT SUICIDE. IT HAS UNDERAGE SEX, BLASPHEMY, THEY TAKE COCAINE, NECROPHILIA AND BEASTIALITY WHO HAS SEX WITH FRICKIN VAMPIRES, SICK PERVERTS, BAN TWILIGHT!...
Adult Written bybianca7788 May 16, 2011

good

There is a scene that some parents might not like that is intense but besides that it is fine.
Adult Written by403-call-meee February 4, 2011

baddddddddd

this book is the worst book in the world
Parent of a 2 year old Written byLaLa25 November 8, 2010

Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom October 26, 2010

Terrible Movie, but not that violent.

Twilight is like the teen nation at the moment, I personally think it is mindless drivel.. But here is my perspective. The violence, it involves vampires so there is going to be a little bit. A girl falls in love with a vampire, gets bitten. Its not really that bad at all. The film is but the content isn't.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byjohnieb95 July 4, 2010

Wonderful Movie that I got for Free

I love this movie, me and my family watch it every Friday night. We also get friends togethor and watch the whole Twilight series atleast once a month. I got this movie for free from www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=1203929, which made me really happy that I didn't have to pay $20 for it.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byErin6126 April 12, 2010

Great on DVD

Wasn't really that impressed. Although I hadn't read the series before seeing this movie. Enjoyed it several times on DVD since the reading.
Parent Written byPlague March 2, 2010

Twilight

What is happening to vampire cenima? Seriously? Vampires are suppose to be blood-drunk contorted monsters. Not pale hormonal teenagers.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bychildrensrock February 24, 2010

twilight, bit to sexual....way to violent!!!!

my "little" 12 years old girl loves twilight but...i am just thin the movie is a little violent..i watched the movie with her once (she has seen twilight 6 times!) and i saw this part that was a bit sexual..and i don't think it is a good idea for kids under 13 years old to watch sexual stuff....and it was way too violent...but first my kiddo loves it....i will give it four stars
Parent of a 2, 4, and 4 year old Written byCourtneyB January 19, 2010