Adult Written byMrA549 November 21, 2011

GAYNESS

ITS TRASH DONT EVER LET YOUR KIDS SEE THIS THEIR EYES WILL BE BURNING AND THEY WILL WANT TO COMMIT SUICIDE. IT HAS UNDERAGE SEX, BLASPHEMY, THEY TAKE COCAINE, NECROPHILIA AND BEASTIALITY WHO HAS SEX WITH FRICKIN VAMPIRES, SICK PERVERTS, BAN TWILIGHT!...
Parent of a 4, 8, and 10 year old Written byRachelKoch November 12, 2010

chill out already

I love it my daughter wasfine watching it. There i nothing sexual about is at all.
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written byashleygonzalez April 9, 2009
I believe this movie is for 16 year olds and older with parents or guardiens that will talk to them about the content. The intimate bedroom scene is definately inapropriate for pre-teens and young teens alike.
Parent of a 7 and 11 year old Written byccboswor March 20, 2009

We all loved it!

My sister and I took our girls (13,10 & 6) to the theatre on opening night. My 10 year old fell in love with the story and is reading the series. My 6 year old just loved the story, she said it wasn't at all like she thought a vampire movie would be! As always - know your kid.
Adult Written bysuuwwiitt March 18, 2009

i'm in love

i really love him,he is everything for me...dear god,the only thing i ask of you taht you hold him when i'm not around,when i much too far away
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bydsloanak March 7, 2009

I soo Loved this movie!!

I think this movie appeals to teenagers and adults..If you can appreciate good vampires. I personally didn't want to see it because It had vampires but once I watched this movie I was hooked!! It is basically a movie about a vamp hooking up with a mortal and falling in love!! Its awesome! NOT recommended for kids.
Parent Written bykimcsw November 29, 2008

Must see, but not as good as the book!

40% of the movie is wasted on a storyline that is not in the book that adds to the violence of the movie, which are serial killings rocking the town of Forks. So if you read the book and are a purist you will be disappointed on all the attention away from the actual book's storyline which was Bella and Edward's blossoming romance and the background mythology of the new world Stepanie Meyer created. Still a must see movie for older children and adults. You will enjoy!
Adult Written bytiffanr_45690 November 24, 2008

it was amazing

i think the movie was great but it would have been better it it was just like the book titale to titale you know what i mean right
Adult Written bythe fallen November 24, 2008

the best movie fro the book i ever seen

the movie went with the book vary well i dont know what you are complaning about sere it mist like 2 scens but there was no way to do the scenes i give it a 5 out of 5 :)
Adult Written byN.Kindred January 21, 2015
Slow and plotless.
Parent Written byBelree October 27, 2014

watchable for young teens

Crapy storyline, horrible actors and no sense at all, but something teenage girls love. The movie is really unwatchable for adults, but nice for rainy evening to do something with your daughter if you want to treat her with a movie she'll probably like. I would suggest you to make her read the book first - just for making kids read, not because it would be deeper or more educating.
Adult Written byhelsingmusique October 5, 2014

Just Don't

I don't think watching this will harm anyone that much mentally, although there are some things to consider. First off, I have to admit, I've seen the first 3 films and I have read the complete series, I read the books first and started really turning my opinions of this series when the movie came out. The acting is really bad in this film, I really do think it is mainly the lead, Kristen Stewart's acting that makes this film completely uncomfortable to watch, but that's a personal opinion on someone's acting skills. The script for this movie wasn't well done, in most movies they create from books, they have to cut stuff out, in this film however they could have made some stuff up, probably would have helped the movie. It isn't that interesting until you get to the end when there actually is the only bit of violence and action in the film, the rest is quite boring besides when she almost gets hit by a van, that's a little interesting. Most people could probably watch this movie and have an opinion that it was neither good nor bad if they didn't deal with the hype this movie created and they hadn't read the books originally, but because I did both, this movie was such a let down. Although one good thing about the movie, it helped young me see how twisted this book was. It is inappropriate no matter who you are, to sneak into someone's house to watch them sleep, however this happens in the movie and the book, it's creepy. Not only that, but they used this very creepy, stalker-like move and pegged it off as being romantic, which it isn't and no one should be taught it was. Also, and this is digging past the storyline and into the characters, the fact that this series has created a female lead character that is not only so helpless, but can be quite stupid at times as well, is just boring on sexism. The worst part, this was written by a woman who is being sexist towards women by saying you either need to be another species (Ie Werewolf/ Vampire) or a man to be powerful because who helps her? Men and supernatural creatures, yeah, the implications in this film are not good if you look at it through a feminist perspective. But that also means it is being sexist towards men as well because they have to be strong and powerful, they can't receive help individually. Although that being said, this film will not likely mess up your small child, all I know is you couldn't pay me to watch that film again.
Educator and Parent Written byRepublicanMom February 21, 2014

Anti-Christian

The clear paganism is wrong! This is a Christian country! This film is pagan/communist propaganda!
Adult Written bykeeyan January 29, 2012

my favorate

this movie is so so so so so so so awesome
Adult Written bykoujokakyuu January 9, 2012

Poor Female Role Models

While the Twilight books and films are entertaining, adults need to consider their messaging to girls and young women. Bella's mother is a flake. Bella is a traditional girl who enjoys domesticity. Edward dictates all the terms of their relationship. When Edward does stalker-ish or manipulative things, it is portrayed as romantic although in real life such behavior would constitute red flags. Bella attaches her entire being and self-worth to Edward's presence and love. Also, author Stephenie Meyer has an agenda: she espouses courtship (not the biggest deal) and personhood (very problematic) through Edward and Bella's choices and actions. I urge anyone with a daughter who is smitten with this series to read "Feminism Doesn't Sparkle: What Twilight Teaches Young Girls" and discuss any points which seem questionable to you. I'd put a link, but CSM doesn't like those.
Adult Written bysilversatyr January 7, 2012

A lesson in what not to do AKA Fantasy Romance done WRONG.

While lauded by many a fangirl, this movie is rather questionable as a show for any immature person to watch. The romance in Twilight is decidedly unrealistic and sends a bad message to the audience - where if a boy likes you he is expected to be allowed access to your room at all hours (seeing Edward unknowingly watching her as she slept sent shivers down my spine - it's quite stalkerish in behaviour), that the girl can just toss aside her friendships for a boy that she only just met, that only the rich, handsome boys have a chance, that killing is alright if it's the bad guy that dies, wanting to end your life to be with the one you 'love' - et cetera. And this is just the first movie! Let's not mention that in the rest of the series there's unrealistic love triangles, suicide attempts (yes, more than one), unhealthy relationships, a lot of supernatural activity, violence galore, no responsibility for your actions, mentions of rape, sexual mentions, an horrific childbirth, 'ownership' of others, 'mild peadophilia' (Bella and Edward's child - who is a baby at the time - is bonded by Edward's rival for Bella's affections - Jake. This bond means that he is her 'guardian' with the intent to marry her when she's grown up - though apparently it's all up to her whether she wants it or not, but being brought up with the expectation would be hell on a childs psyche), subversion of major mythology (sparkling vampires? Try explaining that to any child with half a mind), people being eaten by vampires and major unrealistic expectations of female roles... just to name a few. To think that this is a good show for anyone whose mind is still developing and finding themselves is pure madness. The shallow characters show no actual emotions, and express their so-called love with a coldness that stuns. Add in the subversive themes of male dominance and lack of strength of any kind in the main female lead and you have a film that undermines many other more progressive shows with its pure blandness. I will admit that there are some good characters in the movie - Bella's father and the vampiress Alice among them, but alas, they are not enough to save this sham of a 'love story' from all its faults.
Adult Written bybianca7788 May 16, 2011

good

There is a scene that some parents might not like that is intense but besides that it is fine.
Adult Written by403-call-meee February 4, 2011

baddddddddd

this book is the worst book in the world
Parent of a 2 year old Written byLaLa25 November 8, 2010
Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom October 26, 2010

Terrible Movie, but not that violent.

Twilight is like the teen nation at the moment, I personally think it is mindless drivel.. But here is my perspective. The violence, it involves vampires so there is going to be a little bit. A girl falls in love with a vampire, gets bitten. Its not really that bad at all. The film is but the content isn't.