All parent member reviews for Twilight

Adult Written byjonesmom January 13, 2009

I really enjoyed watching with it my daughter!

I was unsure at first about the content of the movie and how far they would take it. I was pleasantly surprised to find out they kept the the whole sexuality thing in a safe zone. On the other hand I was shocked and disappointed in the previews(trailers) they chose to use before the movie. I felt they were for much more mature audiences.
Parent of an infant, infant, 3, and 5 year old Written byMississippiQueen January 7, 2009

Parent of a 19 year old Written bybunnyhunny999 December 29, 2008

This is a awsome movie i poped a eye watching it

hello people of the internet this is the most satisfing movie of the century rock on belle and edward
Adult Written byhingryd November 27, 2008

i loved it

WATCH THE MOVIE! THE BEST!
Parent Written byjpschouest November 26, 2008

Didn't Read Book But Entertaining

Very well made. Good for teens.
Adult Written bymusic45 November 25, 2008

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyygggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooootttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Adult Written bycourtneyloves edward November 24, 2008

i love it

it is a very good movie i have seen people cry over it.it is not as good as the book but it still was great.i would love it if they would make the other books into movies but i do add that they should get more of the detail like in the book.it would of been a bigger hit if they put more of the book in in stead of taking alot of it out and changing some of it,but other than that it was a big hit and so would the others!!!!
Adult Written bySELINA12-95 November 24, 2008

I LOVED IT!!

WELL FOR ME THIS MOVIE ROCKS IT HAS ALOT OF LOVE IN IT AND ALSO ALOT OF ACTION
Parent of a 22 year old Written bykyko1159@yahoo.com November 24, 2008

I laughed,I smiled,and I cried but it was the best movie I seen in the world

I loved it
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byjmch November 23, 2008

OK ~~~ if you haven't read the book

I went to see this movie w/ seven ladies five of them have read this book and they HATED this movie! The two of us who haven't read the book thought it was ok besides the bad acting and poor effects! My 11yr old (who has read the book) went to see it yesterday ~~ I thought 'he's 11 he'll love it' boy was I wrong! He was so disappointed !! He said it didn't follow the book at all and he didn't like the way everyone was 'made up' either. Now I want to read the book to find out what I'm missing!!
Adult Written byalisonb69 November 23, 2008

Parent of a 4, 4, 7, 11, and 15 year old Written byzipotes November 22, 2008

Enjoyed It

I read all 4 books. This one was quite faithful to the book Twilight. However, there is no way a movie can get all the detail and emotion that the book has. Bella was played very well! Some scenes were cheesy, but overall I was pleased. Some nice romance and action scenes and beautiful scenery. I can't wait to see the sequels.
Parent Written byBelree October 27, 2014

watchable for young teens

Crapy storyline, horrible actors and no sense at all, but something teenage girls love. The movie is really unwatchable for adults, but nice for rainy evening to do something with your daughter if you want to treat her with a movie she'll probably like. I would suggest you to make her read the book first - just for making kids read, not because it would be deeper or more educating.
Adult Written byhelsingmusique October 5, 2014

Just Don't

I don't think watching this will harm anyone that much mentally, although there are some things to consider. First off, I have to admit, I've seen the first 3 films and I have read the complete series, I read the books first and started really turning my opinions of this series when the movie came out. The acting is really bad in this film, I really do think it is mainly the lead, Kristen Stewart's acting that makes this film completely uncomfortable to watch, but that's a personal opinion on someone's acting skills. The script for this movie wasn't well done, in most movies they create from books, they have to cut stuff out, in this film however they could have made some stuff up, probably would have helped the movie. It isn't that interesting until you get to the end when there actually is the only bit of violence and action in the film, the rest is quite boring besides when she almost gets hit by a van, that's a little interesting. Most people could probably watch this movie and have an opinion that it was neither good nor bad if they didn't deal with the hype this movie created and they hadn't read the books originally, but because I did both, this movie was such a let down. Although one good thing about the movie, it helped young me see how twisted this book was. It is inappropriate no matter who you are, to sneak into someone's house to watch them sleep, however this happens in the movie and the book, it's creepy. Not only that, but they used this very creepy, stalker-like move and pegged it off as being romantic, which it isn't and no one should be taught it was. Also, and this is digging past the storyline and into the characters, the fact that this series has created a female lead character that is not only so helpless, but can be quite stupid at times as well, is just boring on sexism. The worst part, this was written by a woman who is being sexist towards women by saying you either need to be another species (Ie Werewolf/ Vampire) or a man to be powerful because who helps her? Men and supernatural creatures, yeah, the implications in this film are not good if you look at it through a feminist perspective. But that also means it is being sexist towards men as well because they have to be strong and powerful, they can't receive help individually. Although that being said, this film will not likely mess up your small child, all I know is you couldn't pay me to watch that film again.
Educator and Parent Written byRepublicanMom February 21, 2014

Anti-Christian

The clear paganism is wrong! This is a Christian country! This film is pagan/communist propaganda!
Parent of a 7 and 15 year old Written byParentReviewz January 23, 2013

The only some-what good twilight.

I Don't Really Enjoy Twilight, It's Just Not For Me, However, I Actually Liked This Movie. Should all Guys See it? No. But, this one is actually interesting because they try to make it like a some-what horror romance and it is entertaining at some parts.
Parent of a 6 and 10 year old Written byDobbie17 December 31, 2012

Twilight - No 1

My daughter (aged 10 - mature aged 10) and I watched this film over the Christmas period. I watched it as a movie and nothing more - the acting was ok, the story was ok (come on vampires are not real!!) and to be honest the whole experience was ok. My daughter who is a mature 10 year old enjoyed it - what did she take away from it - nothing more then that she enjoyed it - she has not looked any deeper into the film or read between any lines!! If your child is a mature 10 year old + then I would recoment this film.
Adult Written bymakuta December 2, 2012

Twilight, lowering the age of sexual maturity

This movie is definitely not for kids, if anybody had closely read the book (not too closely, might lose brain cells), Stephanie Meyers is continuously pushing the notation that "sex before marriage while you are underage is okay"; the main character Bella is constantly trying to get into Edward's pants the whole series, but the only reason she doesn't is because she respects Edward's choice to get married first (what a saint, pedophilia and statutory rape averted). And what's with Jacob? The only nice guy in the entire book and movie that is trying to woo Bella, and not being a total jerk, but you know the saying: "Nice guys finish last"; it's only in the second half of the movie that Jacob finds true love...with a baby. As time goes by books and movies are getting more and more connotative towards sex, drugs, and rock and roll (don't tell me you don't notice the psychedelic euphoria the vampires go through after tasting a tiny bit of human blood), while plot holes just keep multiplying and growing (was I the only one who noticed Edward's special ability to sparkle in the daylight suddenly disappeared between the second and third book/movie?). This movement is definitely an age gap problem; when I was younger I loved Harry Potter, but now that I am older and much more educated in literature and subliminal media, I realize that Harry Potter is only slightly better than Twilight. The only difference is that directors tried much harder in the HP movies than the Twilight movies. If you have any problem with this review, look it up on the web before you decide that I am crazy for not loving a boring, bland, mentally-crooked, teenage girl for turning down a really nice, down-to-earth, half wolf-half body builder for a depressed, psycho-maniac, that spends half his time softly singing lullabies and killing wood-land critters for food. Tons of people have agreed that books and movies like Twilight are a factoring influence in this age's teenage psyche and mentality.
Adult Written bykeeyan January 29, 2012

my favorate

this movie is so so so so so so so awesome
Adult Written bykoujokakyuu January 9, 2012

Poor Female Role Models

While the Twilight books and films are entertaining, adults need to consider their messaging to girls and young women. Bella's mother is a flake. Bella is a traditional girl who enjoys domesticity. Edward dictates all the terms of their relationship. When Edward does stalker-ish or manipulative things, it is portrayed as romantic although in real life such behavior would constitute red flags. Bella attaches her entire being and self-worth to Edward's presence and love. Also, author Stephenie Meyer has an agenda: she espouses courtship (not the biggest deal) and personhood (very problematic) through Edward and Bella's choices and actions. I urge anyone with a daughter who is smitten with this series to read "Feminism Doesn't Sparkle: What Twilight Teaches Young Girls" and discuss any points which seem questionable to you. I'd put a link, but CSM doesn't like those.