All parent member reviews for Twilight

Adult Written bysilversatyr January 7, 2012

A lesson in what not to do AKA Fantasy Romance done WRONG.

While lauded by many a fangirl, this movie is rather questionable as a show for any immature person to watch. The romance in Twilight is decidedly unrealistic and sends a bad message to the audience - where if a boy likes you he is expected to be allowed access to your room at all hours (seeing Edward unknowingly watching her as she slept sent shivers down my spine - it's quite stalkerish in behaviour), that the girl can just toss aside her friendships for a boy that she only just met, that only the rich, handsome boys have a chance, that killing is alright if it's the bad guy that dies, wanting to end your life to be with the one you 'love' - et cetera. And this is just the first movie! Let's not mention that in the rest of the series there's unrealistic love triangles, suicide attempts (yes, more than one), unhealthy relationships, a lot of supernatural activity, violence galore, no responsibility for your actions, mentions of rape, sexual mentions, an horrific childbirth, 'ownership' of others, 'mild peadophilia' (Bella and Edward's child - who is a baby at the time - is bonded by Edward's rival for Bella's affections - Jake. This bond means that he is her 'guardian' with the intent to marry her when she's grown up - though apparently it's all up to her whether she wants it or not, but being brought up with the expectation would be hell on a childs psyche), subversion of major mythology (sparkling vampires? Try explaining that to any child with half a mind), people being eaten by vampires and major unrealistic expectations of female roles... just to name a few. To think that this is a good show for anyone whose mind is still developing and finding themselves is pure madness. The shallow characters show no actual emotions, and express their so-called love with a coldness that stuns. Add in the subversive themes of male dominance and lack of strength of any kind in the main female lead and you have a film that undermines many other more progressive shows with its pure blandness. I will admit that there are some good characters in the movie - Bella's father and the vampiress Alice among them, but alas, they are not enough to save this sham of a 'love story' from all its faults.
Adult Written byMrA549 November 21, 2011

GAYNESS

ITS TRASH DONT EVER LET YOUR KIDS SEE THIS THEIR EYES WILL BE BURNING AND THEY WILL WANT TO COMMIT SUICIDE. IT HAS UNDERAGE SEX, BLASPHEMY, THEY TAKE COCAINE, NECROPHILIA AND BEASTIALITY WHO HAS SEX WITH FRICKIN VAMPIRES, SICK PERVERTS, BAN TWILIGHT!...
Adult Written byBeckstar October 31, 2011

NEVER AGAIN would I watch

Why would you let a kid watch a movie where vampires suck blood out of dead animals and bite into wrists and blood is shown is beyond me. This film was very disturbing. Would NEVER watch again. I only saw to see what the fuss was about.
Parent Written byMom13G6B June 16, 2011

Pathetic Trash

I would have given this "movie" 0 stars if I could. Everything about it was pathetic: the acting, the make-up, the script, the set, the non existent plot...everything. My daughter who is is 13 does prank calls with the girl who plays that twitchy girl in the movies voice, and she tells me people laugh. The whole entire movie has a really bad message, it makes it seem okay to have a pedophile like sparkling elder watch you while you sleep, it's okay to never close your mouth, and it makes it seem like girls have to have a man to complete them. Also I could not see anything because the lighting in the move was terrible. I could not understand why they got a homeless man to play that stuttering girls vampire lover, my 6 year old boy said that "the homeless man from that twilight movie" gave him "bad dreams". Honestly I do not know why you would ever want to see this and I do not know why people are crazy about it, I think it might be a placebo effect. How can this be popular if no one in it can act.
Adult Written bybianca7788 May 16, 2011

good

There is a scene that some parents might not like that is intense but besides that it is fine.
Adult Written byMafatu32 January 7, 2011

Spend your time better.

If your really in the mood for watching a akward movie with an odd twist, watch Rover Dangerfeild.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byLaLa25 November 8, 2010

Adult Written byvicky92 September 14, 2010

Tell your kids to read the books first!!

I gave it 2 stars for how bad this movie is, film wise, but it's totally ok for any age. The only thing I didn't agree with was Bella making out with Edward in her underwear. BUT only becuase it wasn't in the book haha. But I mean the entire story of Bella and Edward is always about love without sex, so no bad role models here.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byroyalblue246 August 8, 2010

My high hopes destroyed!!!!!!!

Ok let me start this by saying the twilight books are like heaven bound by cloth stephemie meyer should be put up on a pedistool and praised, I adored the BOOKS!!! So when I saw the movie it made me want to run to the bathroom rip out my lungs and puke out my heart! I wish I could have given this less than 0 stars! they got every thing so ******* screwed up! Robert P. Looks like a **** HOBO he can't ******* act, sing, shave his **** face, wax his hairy *** chest, his teeth look lik some one took a **** on paino keys! And he is NO Edward Cullen!!!! Kristen S. sounds like a ******* old man! She looks like she is wearing those hobo teeth you get out of a vending machine. Characters were missing! Almost all of the characters did not look how they were discribed in the book, MANNY important parts were missing!!!!! Don't even get me started on the Cullens house it was NOTHING like it was didcribed in the book!! I don't ever recall ANYONE saying anything about compost tea or going to a **** green house!! EVERYTHING was just SO screwed up!!!!! It amazes me how people are under the placbo effect that Robert P. is attractive!!!!! GOSH every time I see anything about this movie it reminds me of the time when I was gloriously over joyed that the movie was not out yet! I loathed this movie! And now people are judging the Twilight books on this **** **** of a movie! This movie made me get a thearpist her name is Linda!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 2, 4, and 4 year old Written byCourtneyB January 19, 2010

Parent of a 11 year old Written byBrenda Jo November 20, 2009

Adult Written bybelgian_booklover August 21, 2009

Parent of a 9 and 14 year old Written byConcernedForKids March 21, 2009

Today's Teens Cannot Be Lured By Popular Movies

Oh, dear. I was ASTOUNDED by the language. I took my 14 year old to see it and she told me a few weeks later a girl was "repulsive"! I also believe just because you blend the d-word and "it" together does NOT under any circumstance make it okay. And the fact there was BEER involved made it that much worse. I especially thought the fight scene was intensely graphic for tweens, maybe mature teens but it would certainly give me nightmares at that age! The kissing was over the top. Yes, she was in love with him but why did they have to have her in her UNDERWEAR??? And did he return the favor or did he just want sex from her? And speaking of Edward, he was a most unwholesome character, being beautiful and "hot". It is just teaching the children of today that when they grow up thier signifigant opposites must be attractive. Overall, the movie thoroughly disapontted me.
Parent of a 7 and 11 year old Written byccboswor March 20, 2009

We all loved it!

My sister and I took our girls (13,10 & 6) to the theatre on opening night. My 10 year old fell in love with the story and is reading the series. My 6 year old just loved the story, she said it wasn't at all like she thought a vampire movie would be! As always - know your kid.
Parent of a 8 and 8 year old Written byDad4life March 20, 2009

Twilight - Bram Stoker's Drcula for Teens

Romantic and funny at times. Twilight is a decent movie that creates another view of teh movie vampire. Of course the characters who should be villians turn out to be the heroes. Vampires that are trying to fit society and change the old ways (feeding on humans) is the theme.Living in a remote out of the way place where the sun rarley shines. The vampire falls in love with a girl and she is drawn in by the sense of danger and mistique At first you think "seen it...been done". Let me tell you that the special effects is worth seeing and the acting is good the fact that the vampire cannot be destroyed in daylight but direct daylight makes their skin glisten and sparkle is a refreshing change. I recommend that children under the age of 14 refrain from watching it as subject matters of killing, blood lust, etc may be inappropriate depending on the maturity level of the teen.
Parent of a 15 and 16 year old Written byLiz Perle March 20, 2009

A guilty pleasure

faithful to the book, fine for teens
Adult Written bysuuwwiitt March 18, 2009

i'm in love

i really love him,he is everything for me...dear god,the only thing i ask of you taht you hold him when i'm not around,when i much too far away
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bydsloanak March 7, 2009

I soo Loved this movie!!

I think this movie appeals to teenagers and adults..If you can appreciate good vampires. I personally didn't want to see it because It had vampires but once I watched this movie I was hooked!! It is basically a movie about a vamp hooking up with a mortal and falling in love!! Its awesome! NOT recommended for kids.
Adult Written bygibby84 March 1, 2009

I LOVE THE SERIES!

I read the whole series in like 2 days! The movie was actually better than I expected, but they left some important things from the book out. I saw it three times. I recommend it to anyone over the age of 10.
Adult Written byMom_and_Son February 10, 2009

"The bad acting was overcome by the amazing plot. AMAZING!!!!"

I saw this movie 2 days after it came out with my older brother. He hated it. I LOVED it. The acting is at community level but it is still a touching love story!