All parent member reviews for Twilight

Parent of a 2 year old Written bywinrunner March 26, 2009
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written bysagem March 23, 2009

As cheesy, and almost as good, as the book...

They did a pretty good job of following the book, but some of the acting and special effects could have been better. Not enough time was spent developing the character relationships and I didn't feel that there was enough chemistry between Edward and Bella - however, Edward was great, the baseball scene was well done, and it left me looking forward to the next one!
Parent of a 1, 3, 12, and 16 year old Written byNikkiV March 23, 2009
Parent of a 10 and 19 year old Written byrainydayqueen March 22, 2009

entertaining and one of a kind

this is one of the best movies i ever saw,it's interesting soemwhat dark but also funny kristen stewart is great actress and i love all of the characthers however there is one thing i found bad-the movie is kind of negative in a way but i still love it
Parent of a 8, 9, and 12 year old Written bypvillestudyfam March 21, 2009
My daughter and I both read the Twilight book. And she agreed that in comparison to the books, the movie seemed darker, which suprised us. All of the characters didn't seem to match the book. Edward is suppose to be "beautiful" and WHITE remember, vampire?? He didn't look any whiter than Bella!! And the scene in the meadow was totally butchered. Some of the more tender moments with them were also botched. It seems like they took the book and just threw up some of the contents, sometimes leaving out important parts that help you understand the storyline. It was more like an 80's B rated movie. They picked a beautiful backdrop for the movie and then wasted it!!!
Parent of a 9 and 14 year old Written byConcernedForKids March 21, 2009

Today's Teens Cannot Be Lured By Popular Movies

Oh, dear. I was ASTOUNDED by the language. I took my 14 year old to see it and she told me a few weeks later a girl was "repulsive"! I also believe just because you blend the d-word and "it" together does NOT under any circumstance make it okay. And the fact there was BEER involved made it that much worse. I especially thought the fight scene was intensely graphic for tweens, maybe mature teens but it would certainly give me nightmares at that age! The kissing was over the top. Yes, she was in love with him but why did they have to have her in her UNDERWEAR??? And did he return the favor or did he just want sex from her? And speaking of Edward, he was a most unwholesome character, being beautiful and "hot". It is just teaching the children of today that when they grow up thier signifigant opposites must be attractive. Overall, the movie thoroughly disapontted me.
Parent of a 8 year old Written bybsmith1997 March 21, 2009
Parent of a 9 and 9 year old Written byEzri_B March 20, 2009

It's decent

I enjoyed the movie, but didn't LOVE it. I really did LOVE the book. There is way too much montage type stuff with un needed goofy camera stuff. I would have prefered more of the dialogue to have been captured. The anst was expressed through the music not the acting. The acting was good, but overshadowed by the music in my opinion. Also not nearly enough of the Cullens in my opinion. I'd give it 3 1/2 stars
Adult Written bysuuwwiitt March 18, 2009

i'm in love

i really love him,he is everything for me...dear god,the only thing i ask of you taht you hold him when i'm not around,when i much too far away
Adult Written bygibby84 March 1, 2009

I read the whole series in like 2 days! The movie was actually better than I expected, but they left some important things from the book out. I saw it three times. I recommend it to anyone over the age of 10.
Parent of a 17 and 24 year old Written bystupidlamb January 19, 2009
I adore this movie. I do agree its better if you've read the book first. Even more so if you've read the unfinished manuscript "Midnight Sun", which is Twilight from Edwards perspective instead of Bella's. (As most true fans of the saga have.) Casting was mostly brilliant. They could not have found a better Edward. Pattinson is much more than just a pretty face & really tried to get inside his characters head to flesh out his portrayal. It makes the movie much more than it would have been otherwise. There are a few glitches but overall, for an adaptation, pretty faithful to the book, at least in the essential elements. I can't wait to see the next installment. I've read all four books now and really hope they continue to do well at the box- office so they can make all four of them. No. 4 in particular should be amazing.
Adult Written byjuly4mom2000 January 15, 2009

I loved it!

It was good, pretty true to the book. I saw it right after reading Twilight and New Moon so I could pick out the differences right away but all in all it was still good.
Parent of a 5, 6, and 13 year old Written bymotherbearof3 January 13, 2009

Parents need to know their kids for both the books & films

As a vampire fan from way back, and after hearing my 13 yo son talk about how the girls in his class were all about the movie, I was intrigued with the Twilight series and bought the first book to read before I saw the movie. It's an easy read -- not like the Harry Potter series where you have to learn a whole new vocab. To me, it also read like a classic romance, i.e., Romeo and Juliet, Jane Eyre, where things like age aren't taken into consideration as much as they are today as much as maturity of the characters. I saw the movie over the Christmas holiday when my sister was visiting from Miami. Her dh and my son declined the privelege and sought another movie in the cineplex. We both loved it. I agree with one other reviewer that Bella was a little too naked in her bedroom. The book always describes her as in her sweats or in pajamas that I always took to me she was decently covered. I also agree with the reviewer who said in the movie the kissing was more intense than in the book. Edward is much more controlled and a gentleman in the books. This first movie is more than appropriate for 13 year olds. I don't think I'd take a child younger than that only because girls these days get so much boy/girl stuff thrown at them as it is. That being said, I have also read the rest of the series and while Stephanie Meyers does an admirable job of keeping the romance and sexual tension at a young adult level ***SPOILER ALERT*** until Bella and Edward get married, once they are, there are several, while not explicitly graphic sexual scenes, ones that as a parent I don't necessarily think are appropriate for 13-14 yo's. So I don't know if I would let my daughters read all the books until they were older. Maybe. They are only 5 and 6 right now. I don't know what their maturity level is going to be when they get there. I am very curious to see how all the books play out as screenplays. That is why the title of my review is that parents need to know their kids for both the big screen versions and the books -- as well as see and read them for themselves.
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written bykierscm January 13, 2009

Great book, good movie.

I think both movie and books are fantastic. I saw this movie with my 12 year old niece who is also reading the books. I read A LOT of horror fiction, and this is a sweet love story about high school kids. As for sexual content, for the first 3 books it is kept to kisses. By the the 4th book they are married before anything more happens. No sex before marriage? Good example if you ask me.
Adult Written bydaylilly January 13, 2009

great book, not for kids

The book is a great one for romantics! However, it isn't for young girls. The last 3 books especially have more adult content. The movie was pretty terrible, but if my 14 year old wanted to see it, I'd let her - but I wouldn't let a child under that age see it and especially wouldn't let her read the books. Glad to hear they got a new director! Hopefully the next movie will be worth seeing!
Adult Written byjonesmom January 13, 2009

I really enjoyed watching with it my daughter!

I was unsure at first about the content of the movie and how far they would take it. I was pleasantly surprised to find out they kept the the whole sexuality thing in a safe zone. On the other hand I was shocked and disappointed in the previews(trailers) they chose to use before the movie. I felt they were for much more mature audiences.
Adult Written byShadowphaze January 13, 2009

A very good film, I will need to read the book.

This is a very good movie that I would deffinetely see as a movie a teenager could see. I know there is some concern w/ how this movie portrays a teenager in love. I would like to comment that, from my experience w/ my own parents that not every child can be treated the same. Some teenagers this would be good for and others may not be ready for it yet. This movie is about a very real young women in a fictional situation. She makes decisions based on a situation that no teenager today would actually face. If someone is not able to understand this then they should not see this movie. If they can then they will enjoy this movie greatly.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byCarletta Smith January 13, 2009

So Romantic!!!

I saw this moview with my 31 year old daughter and my 11 year old grandaughter. We all loved the film. I was a sceptic thinking that I was going to be sitting in a movie theater with screaming tweens. I was so engrossed in the film I didn't even notice anyone else. After the movie my daughter and I both agreed that we had just watched one of the best love stories ever. Nothing in the movie made me feel uncomfortable about sitting with my 11 year old grandaughter. The physical side of love was all left to the imagination. My grandaughter has read all the books and we are both anxiuosly awaiting the release of the sequel. I think that 11 is a good age to see the movie but, like everything else, parents have to make that decision based on the maturity level of their own child. I loved the movie.
Adult Written byskittlesfairy87 January 12, 2009

"Twilight is okay for 13+ but..."

Twilight was a well written book and a nice movie, but the next book is way too depressing for young teens. yes Bella's in a dark place at the time, but i just feel that the first book may miss lead parents into thinking all the other books are for 13 and younger. other then that i think that Twilight was good.
Adult Written byedwardcullenisa... January 10, 2009

Just amazing .

I absolutely LOVE this movie . I have fallen in love with Edward Cullen - if you can tell by my username, teehee . But i haven't (sadly) read the book, i just got it from a friend and am dying to read it, but i have heard the book is better than the movie, CANT WAIT TILL THE OTHERS ! Go Twilight ^.^ I?U Edward Cullen (: