All parent member reviews for Twilight

Adult Written byMamasays December 13, 2008

Dazzling

I had read (more like devoured) all the books beforehand, so I did have that perspective on it first. I was a little apprehensive going in to the theater but I was NOT disappointed in it. True, as with nearly every movie adapted from a book, there were parts left out, parts put in, some things out of sequence, etc. But I thought the casting was excellent - each person looked like I pictured them from the book, pretty much. Edward's character was spot on - Rob Pattinson did a superb job all around. I got a little annoyed with Kristen's excessive nervous blinking that she did, but for the most part she fit the character very well. I have been to see it twice, and it was even better the second time. (I took my 14 yr. old daughter both times, and she loves it, naturally!) I'm so excited for it to come out on DVD - which, according to reports, could be as early as late February 2009! I recommend Twilight, although I do think it's better to read at least that book first. It's a little easier to appreciate it that way.
Adult Written bymusic724 December 5, 2008

it depends...

I read the books... and i loved the movie if you didnt read the book... you will probably find it stupid... oh yeah it gets a little violent... so my advice, no child under 8
Adult Written byErnest Stephens December 4, 2008

Simply Complicated Love Story

Twilight is the blockbuster hit based on Stephanie Meyers bestselling novel. The plot of this over popular drama circles around the complicated love story of Edward Collins and Bella Swan. One might ask what’s so complicated? Well she is a 17 year old from Phoenix who reluctantly moves to live with her dad in Forks Washington. Edward is 107, tormented, slightly schizophrenic and a vampire. The plot continues to thicken with each character that is added. Native Americans who refuse to allow the Collins family onto their reservation, three vampires who drink human blood (the Collins only eat animals) and start a bloody rampage, Bella’s schoolmates and then environmental factors the small town dynamic and peer pressure. Now all you have to do is throw in cupid, amazing special effect and artistic filming and you should be able to get the picture. The movie is a refreshing twist on the old vampire tales. It is thoroughly entertaining and with a cute set of actors it’s not surprising it’s such a popular hit.
Parent of a 11 and 14 year old Written bymburdell. November 30, 2008

i was like awww the whole time

it was the most romantic movie
Parent Written bykimcsw November 29, 2008

Must see, but not as good as the book!

40% of the movie is wasted on a storyline that is not in the book that adds to the violence of the movie, which are serial killings rocking the town of Forks. So if you read the book and are a purist you will be disappointed on all the attention away from the actual book's storyline which was Bella and Edward's blossoming romance and the background mythology of the new world Stepanie Meyer created. Still a must see movie for older children and adults. You will enjoy!
Adult Written bynfreed November 28, 2008

suprisingly good

I watched Twilight with my 9yo daughter and we both enjoyed it. The main objection I had to the book- the sexism & angry controlling behavior by Edward- was nearly absent here- the producers correctly realized that Edward as written would come off as abusive and creepy, not romantic. Bella is also improved over her book version, she fights back when attacked and even has a short line encouraging her friend to be an independant and strong woman. All in all an improved version of the story, totally appropriate for tweens.
Adult Written byhingryd November 27, 2008

i loved it

WATCH THE MOVIE! THE BEST!
Parent Written byjpschouest November 26, 2008

Didn't Read Book But Entertaining

Very well made. Good for teens.
Adult Written bymusic45 November 25, 2008

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyygggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooootttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Adult Written bycourtneyloves edward November 24, 2008

i love it

it is a very good movie i have seen people cry over it.it is not as good as the book but it still was great.i would love it if they would make the other books into movies but i do add that they should get more of the detail like in the book.it would of been a bigger hit if they put more of the book in in stead of taking alot of it out and changing some of it,but other than that it was a big hit and so would the others!!!!
Adult Written bySELINA12-95 November 24, 2008

I LOVED IT!!

WELL FOR ME THIS MOVIE ROCKS IT HAS ALOT OF LOVE IN IT AND ALSO ALOT OF ACTION
Parent of a 22 year old Written bykyko1159@yahoo.com November 24, 2008

I laughed,I smiled,and I cried but it was the best movie I seen in the world

I loved it
Adult Written bytiffanr_45690 November 24, 2008

it was amazing

i think the movie was great but it would have been better it it was just like the book titale to titale you know what i mean right
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byjmch November 23, 2008

OK ~~~ if you haven't read the book

I went to see this movie w/ seven ladies five of them have read this book and they HATED this movie! The two of us who haven't read the book thought it was ok besides the bad acting and poor effects! My 11yr old (who has read the book) went to see it yesterday ~~ I thought 'he's 11 he'll love it' boy was I wrong! He was so disappointed !! He said it didn't follow the book at all and he didn't like the way everyone was 'made up' either. Now I want to read the book to find out what I'm missing!!
Parent of a 12 and 15 year old Written bysciarcmac November 23, 2008

Trailer for The Unborn before Twilight was inappropriate

If you take a 13 year old to see Twilight, BEWARE, the trailer often shown before for the move The Unborn is NOT appropriate for 13 year olds. This trailer should only be shown in R rated movies. My daughter is having nightmares.
Adult Written byalisonb69 November 23, 2008

Adult Written byshelbydanielle November 22, 2008

Loved it..

Okay so I've read all the Twilight books and yes the movie is different but I did enjoy it. Dont focus on the book when watching it and you will really enjoy it aswell. Edward truly dazzled. It was great.
Parent of a 4, 4, 7, 11, and 15 year old Written byzipotes November 22, 2008

Enjoyed It

I read all 4 books. This one was quite faithful to the book Twilight. However, there is no way a movie can get all the detail and emotion that the book has. Bella was played very well! Some scenes were cheesy, but overall I was pleased. Some nice romance and action scenes and beautiful scenery. I can't wait to see the sequels.
Adult Written byChrissy505 November 21, 2008

Awesome

This was such an amazing movie. Judging by the adds I thought the movie would be pretty bad and the Edward would be ugly but he was actually a little hot! The movie is now one of my favorite movies ever now and there'd better be a sequel.
Parent of a 15 year old Written byemmalea37 November 21, 2008

I thouth that the movie was the best that i have ever seen.

I loved it and i would go see it agian and i hope that she does the rest of the books and i'm reading the books to.