All member reviews for Twilight

Teen, 13 years old Written bymbooks23 June 16, 2013

pretty good...A BABY SPOIL ALERT! (not that big of a deal, but still)

The books: awesome. I didn't love how Bella practically sells her soul for a guy. That's just stupid, I think. The movie is so funny! It isn't supposed to be, but it is. They just act like robots! So much better in the book. Um...the later books do have some...stuff in it. Like Bella (SPOILER ALERT) getting pregnant and having birth and all that. Some cuss words. Love the books, Not so much the movies.
Kid, 11 years old May 12, 2013

Twilight AMAZING !

This movie was great! One sexual scene in which Bella and Edward make out in her bedroom, while she has very short shorts on, but as for sexual content, nothing more than that. Some violence such as glass getting stuck in hands, heads bleeding, and also some vampires dying by being ripped apart and burned, although nothing is shown. This movie was great !
Teen, 14 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow April 16, 2013

Suprisingly deep and intriguing vampire romance has lots of bite

A male teenager like myself is not the kind of person you would expect to get into something like Twilight, and several reviews hailing it as a riotous unintentional comedy didn't raise my expectations either. But I gave the film a try nonetheless. And, to my immense surprise, it's actually a strong and intriguing romance. The actors were, admittedly, very good in their roles; Kristen Stewart was fascinating and at times three-dimensional as the love-struck and pretentious heroin, and Billy Burke was soft but firm as her father. Robert Pattinson looked and sounded perfect in his role as the creepy lover boy vampire, giving a very convincing American accent and offering some engaging chemistry with Stewart as her obsessive love interest. The Cullens were all convincing vampires, although I wish I could have seen a bit more of their dark sides (after all, they are vampires). The way the story was set up and the buildup of the romance was very well executed and interesting, even if it is wildly unrealistic that Bella would make such an assumption about Edward being a vampire so fast. The cinematography was bold and beautiful, with lots of dark lighting to represent the mood and tone. Plus, what is it with everyone talking about how god awful and laughable the dialogue and scriptwriting were? I thought they were fine, for what the story was trying to accomplish. Also, a lot of people say that the characters are bad role models and don't represent true love, but here's something you're not understanding: it's all trying to be a play on Romeo and Juliet. In that story, the two leads decide instantaneously that they are in love, and go so far as to end their lives when their rivaling families try to pull them apart. To go that far so fast is a rushed, pretentious, uncharismatic, and, well, half assed romantic relationship that shows that they were too young to realize what they were truly getting into. The way Bella and Edward instantly jump into a relationship and the way Bella goes so far as to ask to be turned into a vampire is very similar to the way Romeo and Juliet handled their relationship. Simply put, Bella and Edward aren't supposed to be good role models. They are two star-crossed lovers who are rushing into things. But that's the only real problem I have with the movie; it seems odd that it's presenting these characters as bad role models when we're trying to follow them and sympathize with them. In some ways, that's a problem I have with Romeo and Juliet as well. But that certainly wasn't enough to turn me away. I consider this movie to be sweeping, heartfelt, and enjoyable to watch. And to those who hail it as an unintentional comedy, I have only one thing to say: bite me.
Kid, 11 years old March 23, 2013

Ugh.

Just ugh! "Vampire" "Are You Afraid" Haha. So stupid(even if I am a girl). Vampire, werewolf ,oh whatever! Hate this movie,even if hilarious.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLOLpandabear March 15, 2013

Twilight

Ok the books were AMAZING!!!!!! But the movie was TERRIBLE! Constant stares between Edward and Bella and it just got plain annoying!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMockingjay333 March 5, 2013

A guilty pleasure

This is a great and faithful adaptation, but at the same time, it's not The Hunger Games. It's very cheesy in some parts (Such as when Edward sparkles in the sun, when Bella and Edward are lying side-by-side, and when they run through the forest), but that's only because the the director and producers didn't want to spend to much money in case it wouldn't become a big thing. Boy, were they wrong! Still, it's very faithful and a pretty good movie. It got me liking Twilight :). But it is pretty violent in the end, and since I'm squemish (I don't know how to spell that) I cringed at parts with vampires feeding, so watch out for that.
Kid, 9 years old January 31, 2013

I do like the movie, but.... EDWARD IS LIKE A STALKER!

OK, Um... Edward is a stalker because... Like, who want a boy/girl go to your home to watch you go to BED! OR TAKE A BATH OR EAT OR... DO OTHER STUFF! Tips: 1. If someone stalking you, RUN! 2. Ask "Why are you STALKING ME?!" and HE/ OR SHE give you a answer. 3. Tell him/her to leave YOU alone! 4. He or she might said "I want to take care of you." And 5. (MOST IMPORTANT): If he/she stalking you FOREVER, TELL A PARENT OR A POLICE (just DIAL 911!) From: ajroxs111 PS: Hope you enjoy!
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2013

okay

some intense sequences of action and violence,mild language,brief bloody images,crude comments,a scene sensuality.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheGrizzlyMig December 23, 2012

TWILIGHT: The best money milker since SAW

While other kids might be loosing their minds on how great this film is, I am not. I saw this movie and I have to say that it's terrible in almost every way. The movie has poor acting, story, scenes, everything you could imagine and yet, it has spawned several sequels. Teens, especially girls, might go crazy with Robert Pattinson, and maybe that's why they insist on watching and rating this piece of dogs*** as a decent film. Fans might say that it has spawned several sequels because of it's greatness. No, it has spawned several sequels because millions of ignorant teenagers who have absolutely no taste for good movies went to see this and now the directors decided to "milk" the franchise until everyone forgets about it. Teenagers who see this movie might not like actual good movies and might say that Twilight (or sequels) is/are the best movie/s of all time. Ignorants... If you're a fan, go watch foreign movie "Let the Right One In" or it's american remake starring Chloë Grace Moretz "Let Me In", a far more superior vampire/romance movie than Twilight. The only thing that keeps this movie up and running is Pattinson. Don't worry, this is just a "thing", people will soon stop with it. I'll put this movie as ON, but if there was an option "For Teens Who Enjoy Terrible Films, But Insist On Saying They're Good" that would be the one I'd choose.
Teen, 15 years old Written byOfficial Critic December 23, 2012

Twilight Review

Twilight works as both love story and vampire story, thanks mainly to the performances of its principals, Pattinson and Stewart. It isn't an especially good movie, however, but neither is it an abomination. At times, the dialogue is laugh-aloud bad - almost to the point of being hilarious.
Kid, 9 years old December 9, 2012

Good or Bad: Good

Great movie awesome! My mom hates it. :( She says they have no personality, but when you read the book first then watch the movie it rocks. It is for older kids, but I am pretty responsible. Kissing scenes are an iffy. Violence in the end and Bella yells sometimes. Fighting is also an iffy. Read the book then see the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu November 23, 2012

This is the worst movie since Beauty and the Beast!

This is crap, all this is about is vampires giving chicks hickeys. I really hate The Cleveland Show, but I am glad it made fun of this girly trash.
Kid, 11 years old November 15, 2012

LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!

Love this movie!! Not very violent, except for when James attacks Bella. That scene is very disturbing. I watched this when I was 6. That's prolly alright, just tell the younger kids to cover their eyes when Bella and the Cullens meet James at the ballet studio.
Teen, 16 years old Written byevolinag November 13, 2012

Popular fantasy romance is nowhere as good - nor as bad - as expected. Tweens and up.

"Twilight" is a popular fantasy romance by Catherine Hardwicke. The extreme hype of the movie franchise, and the novels, somehow seemed to take overhand. Due to its success, there were many critics calling it the worst movie of all time, and others which called it the best. Looking critically at it, "Twilight" is neither. It is not terribly bad, but still, it is not exactly good. The plot is not even that uninteresting, if you keep in mind that this was the first movie that depicted vampires as "the good ones". It played with the image that a vampire had, tried to create something new - and did so. Unfortunately, the adaption is rather negative. The romance between Bella and Edward seems a bit underwhelming, there are no big emotions like in "Titanic" or "Gone with the Wind". At some parts, the movie can be a bit silly, especially the baseball scene takes a lot of the athmosphere. Also, the Twilight universe seems less thoughtful and consequent compared to other epic sagas such as "Harry Potter", "Star Wars" or "Lord of the Rings". It does not have the complexity that these franchises have. The cast is not well-chosen, having a stiff, uninspired performance by Kristen Stewart, who seems more tired than anything else. On the plus side, it is a better movie than most other blockbusters that come out nowadays, not having non-stop action and still something being diverting. Also, the soundtrack by Carter Burwell (who did the overwhelming scoring in the Coen brothers' "Fargo") is excellent, being the highlight of this movie. "Twilight" is not the worst movie of all time, but still has some fatal decisions made. If they would have chosen a better cast, and added more emotion to it, it could have been done much better. But the way it is, it simply is disappointing. -------------------------------- (SPOILERS may follow:) There is actually only one scene keeping this movie from a PG rating: a vampire traps Bella, throws her against a column, and then violently breaks her leg by punching against it (though not detailed, it is violent). Then she is bitten. However, she does not become a vampire when Edward saves her. The evil vampire is then killed off-screen by having his limbs removed. It is off-screen, this could have passed in a PG movie. (END OF SPOILERS) This is a light PG-13, one bordering on a PG rating. But for those who are under 10, caution is recommended.
Kid, 11 years old October 28, 2012

Twilight...... ?

At first, I was a fan. I watched it over and over and OVER again because I loved it SSSOOOOOO much. But like a month later, I was like, why did I even like it again? I thought Kristen Stewart could have done Bella better. I mean, Bella was so....... boring. It's like she didn't even have a life at all before meeting Edward. Edward is kind of weird. I mean 80 years waiting for HER, he seriously could have used his time for a better cause. Bella wants to become a vampire..... so hurry up and BITE HER ALREADY! You don't need to make three other movies about how he won't bite her! I bet that right after the battle for renesmee, they got divorced.
Kid, 12 years old October 28, 2012

Romantic Love Story Faithful to the Book.

The Twilight adaptation is very faithful to the book and is just as entertaining. There is some minor cussing, a few passionate kisses, and some violence; but it is appropriate for anyone 12 and up.
Kid, 9 years old September 4, 2012

Disappointing film ever

This is the worst film ever!
Teen, 13 years old Written byVenusGlow555 June 26, 2012

Bite Into A Good Film

Great story, Humor, Romance, Some Action, Some Language, Product Placement! Werewolves, Vampires ,And Teen Romance. These were the perfect additions to a well played film but director added an extra ingredient to the mixture, SUGGESTIVE THEMES, THUS TWILIGHT WAS BORN!
Teen, 14 years old Written bycaleighbug11 June 17, 2012

Edward Cullen could teach guys a serious lesson :)

This movie is amazing! The books are even better but fans that have read the book will be amazed that your thoughts come to life on screen, I hope you love it as much as I do... If that's even possible!!!
Kid, 8 years old June 13, 2012

NTB

ntb (not to bad)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!