All member reviews for Twilight

Teen fans will love faithful -- if uneven -- adaptation.

Teen, 15 years old Written byLexie s. May 19, 2010

Perfect if you haven't read the book. If you've read the book, you'll be dissapointed.

The book was WAY better!!! The movie has hardly anything to do with the book and Edward is creapy and ugly.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byking hulk March 6, 2010
I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 2, 7, 9, and 12 year old Written byybarra_clan December 25, 2009
Teen, 14 years old Written bybecca456 May 14, 2015

The worst movie I have ever watched

This movie is absolutely crap. The acting is incredibly poor, the special effects are humorous and the message is terrible. Seriously, I laughed the whole way through it as the quality was so low. If you want a good movie to watch, definitely don't choose this one!
Parent of a 6, 8, and 13 year old Written bylala6745 April 27, 2011

I wish they never filmed it...

This made the book look bad! The actors were horrible, and totally unfit for the characters! Unlike the book, there was NO humor in it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byQuizzle July 4, 2010

Horrible Messages About Relationships

Besides the movie just not being very well made, the messages and role models are appalling. Bella is shown as weak and helpless and needing as man to protect her. She then falls hopelessly in love, and her entire world revolves around him, and this is shown as being a good and mature choice despite her young age. Their relationship shows further signs of unhealthiness; Edward follows her around, and breaks into her room and night and watches her without her consent. This is also treated as being an act of love.
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byMarinewife1024 March 26, 2010
LOVED this!! But anyway, I didn't let my daughter watch it till about 2 weeks ago. There is quite a bit of violence towards the end and there is one scene where the two main characters get alittle frisky when they're alone. There is no grinding or nudity but they make out rather seriously and get very close. It's over very quickly and like I said there's no grinding or nudity but it may offend some young children. Other than some violence and one extremely short make out scene the movie is quite tame. Remember these stories were meant for younger readers and the movies don't stray too much from that.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytweeni January 8, 2010

a failure!

personally, i think this movie was made to look better than it really is. its unrealistic, and kristen stewart is a HORRIBLE actress. in my opinion, it was such a failure kids aged ten and up can see it. the only relatively violent scene is when james attacks bella. she gets a large piece of glass stuck in her skin and james snaps her leg in two, which can be scary to watch for younger kids. on the whole, i state it a pretty big failure and is ok to watch for kids ten and up.
Written byAnonymous September 4, 2013

Decent-to-Good

7.0/10 This was pretty good. That's all I have to say, obviously there's nothing great about it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygirl4natwolff January 31, 2011

Um....

It was okay, the acting was pretty terrible, u the books are way better.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byroyalblue246 August 8, 2010

My high hopes destroyed!!!!!!!

Ok let me start this by saying the twilight books are like heaven bound by cloth stephemie meyer should be put up on a pedistool and praised, I adored the BOOKS!!! So when I saw the movie it made me want to run to the bathroom rip out my lungs and puke out my heart! I wish I could have given this less than 0 stars! they got every thing so ******* screwed up! Robert P. Looks like a **** HOBO he can't ******* act, sing, shave his **** face, wax his hairy *** chest, his teeth look lik some one took a **** on paino keys! And he is NO Edward Cullen!!!! Kristen S. sounds like a ******* old man! She looks like she is wearing those hobo teeth you get out of a vending machine. Characters were missing! Almost all of the characters did not look how they were discribed in the book, MANNY important parts were missing!!!!! Don't even get me started on the Cullens house it was NOTHING like it was didcribed in the book!! I don't ever recall ANYONE saying anything about compost tea or going to a **** green house!! EVERYTHING was just SO screwed up!!!!! It amazes me how people are under the placbo effect that Robert P. is attractive!!!!! GOSH every time I see anything about this movie it reminds me of the time when I was gloriously over joyed that the movie was not out yet! I loathed this movie! And now people are judging the Twilight books on this **** **** of a movie! This movie made me get a thearpist her name is Linda!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byHemingway October 26, 2009

Best movie you can ever see

This is really good movie if u like vampires.
Adult Written byFaeyas October 13, 2009

Messages you don't want to send your kids.

One issue I have with the Twilight movie and the books in general is that Bella doesn't seem reasonable at all. Her judgement is lacking severely, and she puts herself in danger and just does what she wants without thinking of the consequences. Furthermore she does all this for a boy. Would you want your daughter running off in the middle of the night if she new her boyfriend was about to do something potentially dangerous? Would you want her thinking its o.k. to obsess over her boyfriend to the levels that Bella does? would you want her thinking that its ok to let her boyfriend come into her room at night? Bella is far to dependent on Edward that she literally seems to have problems with her daily life because of it. No part of her resembles a role model, and her actions send wrong messages. Like lying to your parents to protect your boyfriend. The Family values you get from the vampire family are good. This is a small saving grace. It would have been better had Bella's own family been that dependable, and if Bella would have trusted her own family that much.
Parent of a 5, 8, and 10 year old Written bymomof3girls October 10, 2009

Relationship issues not appropriate for pre-teens

Though there isn't too much in the way of blatant sex or that type of thing, the whole movie is about an incredibly intense obsessive relationship between a teenage girl and a "teenage" vampire (who is actually over 100 years old) I loved the books, liked the movie, but my pre-teen girls are not seeing it (or reading it) for several years.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybrenna leigh October 4, 2009

good

read the book first
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byarudek805 September 26, 2009

Read the Book

Robert Pattison might be dreamy in the eyes of every tween girl. but the bad acting and low quality special effects make this movie painful to sit through.
Parent of a 2 and 6 year old Written bySnoozhe September 5, 2009

I think my husband was tortured with this movie...

I think my husband was tortured with this movie...though like Edward he didn't say much. I really liked the books and I love Harry Potter--so it's not the content. But what happened? I was almost bored. They could have developed the characters at least a little. And the smoldering, serious looks were just too much. In the book, Bella is amused by things and happy sometimes. Catherine Hardwicke did a beautiful job with "Nativity Story." I may have to bribe my hubby big time to watch "New Moon." I just hope it's better!
Adult Written bychristy425 April 10, 2009

Be careful with tweens and teens alike, use it for discussion!

I have read the book and watched the movie this afternoon. My friend's 12 year old wanted to read the book, so I told her I would read it first. My recommendation is to read the book before your daughter (or son). This way you will be able to discuss the poor choices and how much of what Bella did was inappropriate. Their relationship is very intense in the book and you somewhat understand her obsession with Edward. In the movie it isn't as clear so you kind of just think she's a little crazy. So watching the movie without reading the book may lead to some confusion. I would hate for my daughter to think that the kind of intense relationship was "normal". However, it is fun to read about.
Adult Written byJennifer Grasso March 24, 2009

The book is better

Fun but the acting could have been better. Not nearly as good as the book.
Parent of a 8 and 8 year old Written byDad4life March 20, 2009

Twilight - Bram Stoker's Drcula for Teens

Romantic and funny at times. Twilight is a decent movie that creates another view of teh movie vampire. Of course the characters who should be villians turn out to be the heroes. Vampires that are trying to fit society and change the old ways (feeding on humans) is the theme.Living in a remote out of the way place where the sun rarley shines. The vampire falls in love with a girl and she is drawn in by the sense of danger and mistique At first you think "seen it...been done". Let me tell you that the special effects is worth seeing and the acting is good the fact that the vampire cannot be destroyed in daylight but direct daylight makes their skin glisten and sparkle is a refreshing change. I recommend that children under the age of 14 refrain from watching it as subject matters of killing, blood lust, etc may be inappropriate depending on the maturity level of the teen.