All member reviews for Twilight

Teen fans will love faithful -- if uneven -- adaptation.

Parent of a 3, 7, and 10 year old Written bykbttexas@yahoo.com January 24, 2009

Great storyline for someone old enough to not be impressionable

I very much enjoyed the books. I also enjoyed the movie. I have 3 daughters. It did concern me very much that the main character, Bella, was willing to give up everything, her innocence, her faith, and even her life, for a boy (or so she thought). I understand love and I understand teenage emotions, but I don't think a young girl reading the story, forming her impressions, thoughts, and ideals about dating and men, would be positively influenced by Bella's choices. Because in truth, regular boys are not immortal and not ever worth giving up your innocence, your faith, or certainly your life. No person, boy, man, girl or woman is worth that, and I want to caution parents to be aware that these books could desensitize our daughters. In truth, our self respect and values are still a huge deal. Hold tight to them!
Parent of a 11 and 11 year old Written byjrenouard December 11, 2008

Good movie - romantic tension

It's definitely for the at least 12/13 set. My 11 year old has read all the books and love it. Its a wonderfully done dangerous/romantic story. Edward has that attractively dangerous quality. While the romantic tension is definitely there, abstinence is the word of the day. The portrayal of the Native people is also good in that they're modern, and not represented w/ stereotypes.
Teen, 16 years old Written byhelloitsme May 21, 2016

Sweet love story

This movie is very sweet You may find it a little creepy that Edward watches Bella sleep but very good
Adult Written bydeathmaniac December 5, 2015

i wish i could crawl in a hole and erase any memories of this damned movie

i don't know where to begin. this movie was a nightmare that i could never wake up from don't bother watching it. i think i'm going to vomit
Adult Written byjimmypage October 18, 2015

Exactly. Don't Bother.

One of the worst. I actually ended up bashing Kristen's Stewart's acting because of this. Turns out she's really a great actresss, and that this movie just has purely bad directing and a very slow pace you wouldn't miss a thing when you sleep for ten minutes (seriosly, I've tried). It's also not a very great role model to teenagers and promotes uncomfortable dazzling vampires.
Teen, 13 years old Written by_brown_eyed_girl_ July 24, 2015

Mediocore in so many ways

This movie promotes stalking as love, and frankly it seems to be the beginning of an abusive relationship. A main character Edward drives recklessly when Bella is in the car yet seems to be fine when she isn't there. He forces here to go to prom when she doesn't want to and is injured. I think this glamorizes a abusive relationship especially as the series progresses. Kissing only progresses to making out in a bed. There is moderate violence but nothing to bad. In my opinion the two worst things are when Bella is followed by a group of guys and is harassed and the relationships in the show including Bella's with her father and Edward.
Teen, 13 years old Written byana_loves_movies December 21, 2014

Dont bother

There were many things wrong with this movie. Kristen Stewart was HORRIBLE actor in this movie. She makes really weird noises and just doesn't seem like the bella i fell in love with in the books. And dont get me started on robert pattinson. Sure, he has awesome looks but his acting is also terrible. It just seemed like both actors didnt show feeling. If i were you i would skip the movies and go for the books.
Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2014

ITS A BORING MOVIE

2 HOURS OF BORING STUFF. I THOUHT THIS IS A GOOD MOVIE. DONT WATCH IT!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byThedude68683 January 12, 2014

Twilight sucks

I think these movies are horrible I mean awful these are the kind of movies that are brainless love stories not smart like titanic and if I had to choose something for torture that isn't batman and robin I'd choose these movies and I'm dead serious if I could give a zero star rating I'd do it but I cannot do that
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaacboy September 16, 2013

WORST. MOVIE. EVER.

You shouldn't watch this movie. It's not good. I bet that you will fall asleep 20 minutes in the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byI'mthedoctor August 9, 2013

Don't bother

Don't watch it. It's not good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byVenusGlow555 June 26, 2012

Bite Into A Good Film

Great story, Humor, Romance, Some Action, Some Language, Product Placement! Werewolves, Vampires ,And Teen Romance. These were the perfect additions to a well played film but director added an extra ingredient to the mixture, SUGGESTIVE THEMES, THUS TWILIGHT WAS BORN!
Teen, 15 years old Written byLegend736 March 31, 2012

Targeted on teen girls

Teen, 16 years old Written bytvuong March 26, 2012

Horrible.

There's way too much kissing and the basic story line of the story is about how important it is for one to have a boyfriend. There's absolutely no real positive message passed on.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylunalover March 20, 2012

Book yes movie maybe

Okay so im a big book reader and i try to avoid watching a movie after reading the book but i figured they could get it right this time. so they didnt and i was mildly dissapointed. but i strongly suggest both book and movie.
Kid, 9 years old February 29, 2012

Stupid.

Bleh.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheresaElmore January 18, 2012

BREAKIN DAWN

I THINKTHIS IS A GOOD MOVE
Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2012

Good movie!

I don't know why everyone hates this movie! I mean, it's not as good as the book,but yeah, it's great still. It's kind of hard for me because I think Robert Pattinson is SERIOUSLY ugly in this and I don't really like Kristen Stewart all that much. The only think I'd say is there is a nasty scene in the ballet studio where Bella has a head injury, is pulling glass out of her leg and gets bitten by baddie James. It's very nasty. Asides from that, I'd recommend you watch it!
Teen, 15 years old Written bylali123 January 1, 2012

Critisicm

Twilight is definitely a favorite of mine. Edward and Bella's love for each other is exaggerated but that's part of what makes it interesting. Many critics have wrote about the book and have commented that edward and bella's relationship is infact unhealthy and abusive. Personally, i can't see how it's abusive. Nevertheless, you can decide yourself by visiting (iO9: Official: Twilight’s Bella & Edward Are In An Abusive Relationship).
Parent Written byErohiel December 31, 2011

Couldn't even sit through it.

I was struggling from the first 20 minutes and ultimately turned it off halfway through. The main vampire is meant to be seen as 'romantic' and 'alluring', but he is obsessive, controlling, stalking, and all around creepy. If any real life girl's boyfriend were acting this way, a parent's advice would be to run for the hills, but in this movie these traits are depicted as endearing qualities. Furthermore the acting is terrible, the plot is implausible, and there is apparently no downside to becoming a minion of the devil (vampire) aside from the fact that you will sparkle obnoxiously in sunlight (They don't even need blood)... Which begs the question; with all the UPSIDES of being a vampire, and no downsides, why do they feel the need to stay hidden? And why doesn't just everyone become one? The story is chock full of gigantic plotholes and creepy possessive men meant to be viewed as 'sexy'.