All member reviews for Twilight

Teen fans will love faithful -- if uneven -- adaptation.

Educator and Parent of a 15 and 16 year old Written byLiz Perle March 20, 2009

A guilty pleasure

faithful to the book, fine for teens
Adult Written byMom_and_Son February 10, 2009

"The bad acting was overcome by the amazing plot. AMAZING!!!!"

I saw this movie 2 days after it came out with my older brother. He hated it. I LOVED it. The acting is at community level but it is still a touching love story!
Parent of a 3, 7, and 10 year old Written January 24, 2009

Great storyline for someone old enough to not be impressionable

I very much enjoyed the books. I also enjoyed the movie. I have 3 daughters. It did concern me very much that the main character, Bella, was willing to give up everything, her innocence, her faith, and even her life, for a boy (or so she thought). I understand love and I understand teenage emotions, but I don't think a young girl reading the story, forming her impressions, thoughts, and ideals about dating and men, would be positively influenced by Bella's choices. Because in truth, regular boys are not immortal and not ever worth giving up your innocence, your faith, or certainly your life. No person, boy, man, girl or woman is worth that, and I want to caution parents to be aware that these books could desensitize our daughters. In truth, our self respect and values are still a huge deal. Hold tight to them!
Parent of a 11 and 11 year old Written byjrenouard December 11, 2008

Good movie - romantic tension

It's definitely for the at least 12/13 set. My 11 year old has read all the books and love it. Its a wonderfully done dangerous/romantic story. Edward has that attractively dangerous quality. While the romantic tension is definitely there, abstinence is the word of the day. The portrayal of the Native people is also good in that they're modern, and not represented w/ stereotypes.
Teen, 13 years old Written by_brown_eyed_girl_ July 24, 2015

Mediocore in so many ways

This movie promotes stalking as love, and frankly it seems to be the beginning of an abusive relationship. A main character Edward drives recklessly when Bella is in the car yet seems to be fine when she isn't there. He forces here to go to prom when she doesn't want to and is injured. I think this glamorizes a abusive relationship especially as the series progresses. Kissing only progresses to making out in a bed. There is moderate violence but nothing to bad. In my opinion the two worst things are when Bella is followed by a group of guys and is harassed and the relationships in the show including Bella's with her father and Edward.
Kid, 9 years old July 20, 2013

I absolutely loved this film the next day went out and bought the whole set - Breaking Dawn Part 2
Parent Written byErohiel December 31, 2011

Couldn't even sit through it.

I was struggling from the first 20 minutes and ultimately turned it off halfway through. The main vampire is meant to be seen as 'romantic' and 'alluring', but he is obsessive, controlling, stalking, and all around creepy. If any real life girl's boyfriend were acting this way, a parent's advice would be to run for the hills, but in this movie these traits are depicted as endearing qualities. Furthermore the acting is terrible, the plot is implausible, and there is apparently no downside to becoming a minion of the devil (vampire) aside from the fact that you will sparkle obnoxiously in sunlight (They don't even need blood)... Which begs the question; with all the UPSIDES of being a vampire, and no downsides, why do they feel the need to stay hidden? And why doesn't just everyone become one? The story is chock full of gigantic plotholes and creepy possessive men meant to be viewed as 'sexy'.
Adult Written byBeckstar October 31, 2011

NEVER AGAIN would I watch

Why would you let a kid watch a movie where vampires suck blood out of dead animals and bite into wrists and blood is shown is beyond me. This film was very disturbing. Would NEVER watch again. I only saw to see what the fuss was about.
Kid, 11 years old September 2, 2011

the bestest movie eva! Pshike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just disappointing, a lot of potential but leaves desires. Feels like an actual ending than something that leads on. Edward is very quiet and and i feel wasn't really "there". And Bella always seems a bit unhappy and looks as if she is depressed in the beginning. In my opinion this movie could've been better.
Parent Written byMom13G6B June 16, 2011

Pathetic Trash

I would have given this "movie" 0 stars if I could. Everything about it was pathetic: the acting, the make-up, the script, the set, the non existent plot...everything. My daughter who is is 13 does prank calls with the girl who plays that twitchy girl in the movies voice, and she tells me people laugh. The whole entire movie has a really bad message, it makes it seem okay to have a pedophile like sparkling elder watch you while you sleep, it's okay to never close your mouth, and it makes it seem like girls have to have a man to complete them. Also I could not see anything because the lighting in the move was terrible. I could not understand why they got a homeless man to play that stuttering girls vampire lover, my 6 year old boy said that "the homeless man from that twilight movie" gave him "bad dreams". Honestly I do not know why you would ever want to see this and I do not know why people are crazy about it, I think it might be a placebo effect. How can this be popular if no one in it can act.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bygetalifeyoufreaks March 15, 2011

a miracle comre true my son chubba loves it esppecially edwards no shirt scenes
Adult Written byMafatu32 January 7, 2011

Spend your time better.

If your really in the mood for watching a akward movie with an odd twist, watch Rover Dangerfeild.
Parent of a 4, 8, and 10 year old Written byRachelKoch November 12, 2010

chill out already

I love it my daughter wasfine watching it. There i nothing sexual about is at all.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bykee10 August 14, 2010

Good for teen plus

Eclipse movies are good, but only for those 13 and older. There are way too many younger girls watching them. The subject matters are definantly teen and up.
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2010

13 and up? that has 2 b a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i read the books and saw the movie when i waz 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byRileyx July 16, 2010

Perfect for older kids +

I think the Twilight saga is amazing! It must not be missed. The books are also great and they get you hooked. Team Riley x :P P.s, Eclipse is AWESOME!! It's the best film and Breaking Dawn is the best book. :D
Teen, 14 years old Written byzipzipzap June 30, 2010

not worth seeing again

the books where amazing but the movie wasnt that good
Parent of a 5, 6, and 10 year old Written byLeanda April 3, 2010

Harmless love story

I was worried about letting my 10 nearly 11yr old watch the film but having sat and looked at it again I decided it is pretty harmless. We watched it together on an afternoon and she loved it, no bad dreams or anything, she has now read New Moon and wants to watch the DVD.
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written byJessyJ March 28, 2010

More age appropriate than books!

I enjoyed the movie and was a fan of books. My kids were really interested in watching the movie so I let them see it after I saw it first. Fight scene at the end wasn't any worse than any Harry Potter movies I don't think anyway. My 8 year old loves it! She watches it over and over and over!
Educator and Parent of a 5 and 9 year old Written byiku_app February 18, 2010