Teen fans will love faithful -- if uneven -- adaptation.

Adult Written byFaeyas October 13, 2009

Messages you don't want to send your kids.

One issue I have with the Twilight movie and the books in general is that Bella doesn't seem reasonable at all. Her judgement is lacking severely, and she puts herself in danger and just does what she wants without thinking of the consequences. Furthermore she does all this for a boy. Would you want your daughter running off in the middle of the night if she new her boyfriend was about to do something potentially dangerous? Would you want her thinking its o.k. to obsess over her boyfriend to the levels that Bella does? would you want her thinking that its ok to let her boyfriend come into her room at night? Bella is far to dependent on Edward that she literally seems to have problems with her daily life because of it. No part of her resembles a role model, and her actions send wrong messages. Like lying to your parents to protect your boyfriend. The Family values you get from the vampire family are good. This is a small saving grace. It would have been better had Bella's own family been that dependable, and if Bella would have trusted her own family that much.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybrenna leigh October 4, 2009

good

read the book first
Parent of a 8 and 8 year old Written byDad4life March 20, 2009

Twilight - Bram Stoker's Drcula for Teens

Romantic and funny at times. Twilight is a decent movie that creates another view of teh movie vampire. Of course the characters who should be villians turn out to be the heroes. Vampires that are trying to fit society and change the old ways (feeding on humans) is the theme.Living in a remote out of the way place where the sun rarley shines. The vampire falls in love with a girl and she is drawn in by the sense of danger and mistique At first you think "seen it...been done". Let me tell you that the special effects is worth seeing and the acting is good the fact that the vampire cannot be destroyed in daylight but direct daylight makes their skin glisten and sparkle is a refreshing change. I recommend that children under the age of 14 refrain from watching it as subject matters of killing, blood lust, etc may be inappropriate depending on the maturity level of the teen.
Educator and Parent of a 15 and 16 year old Written byLiz Perle March 20, 2009

A guilty pleasure

faithful to the book, fine for teens
Parent of a 3, 7, and 10 year old Written bykbttexas@yahoo.com January 24, 2009

Great storyline for someone old enough to not be impressionable

I very much enjoyed the books. I also enjoyed the movie. I have 3 daughters. It did concern me very much that the main character, Bella, was willing to give up everything, her innocence, her faith, and even her life, for a boy (or so she thought). I understand love and I understand teenage emotions, but I don't think a young girl reading the story, forming her impressions, thoughts, and ideals about dating and men, would be positively influenced by Bella's choices. Because in truth, regular boys are not immortal and not ever worth giving up your innocence, your faith, or certainly your life. No person, boy, man, girl or woman is worth that, and I want to caution parents to be aware that these books could desensitize our daughters. In truth, our self respect and values are still a huge deal. Hold tight to them!
Parent of a 11 and 11 year old Written byjrenouard December 11, 2008

Good movie - romantic tension

It's definitely for the at least 12/13 set. My 11 year old has read all the books and love it. Its a wonderfully done dangerous/romantic story. Edward has that attractively dangerous quality. While the romantic tension is definitely there, abstinence is the word of the day. The portrayal of the Native people is also good in that they're modern, and not represented w/ stereotypes.
Adult Written byjimmypage October 18, 2015

Exactly. Don't Bother.

One of the worst. I actually ended up bashing Kristen's Stewart's acting because of this. Turns out she's really a great actresss, and that this movie just has purely bad directing and a very slow pace you wouldn't miss a thing when you sleep for ten minutes (seriosly, I've tried). It's also not a very great role model to teenagers and promotes uncomfortable dazzling vampires.
Teen, 13 years old Written byana_loves_movies December 21, 2014

Dont bother

There were many things wrong with this movie. Kristen Stewart was HORRIBLE actor in this movie. She makes really weird noises and just doesn't seem like the bella i fell in love with in the books. And dont get me started on robert pattinson. Sure, he has awesome looks but his acting is also terrible. It just seemed like both actors didnt show feeling. If i were you i would skip the movies and go for the books.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymarleyquenten September 18, 2014

really good

this movie is quite good. not much violence. we see edward and bella kiss but that's about it. the only violent scene is in the end and you can skip it if you want to show this movie to younger viewers. (not recommended for kids under 9 or 10) and the last 2 movies need to be skipped if you have a kid under 13 or 14. so don't let them watch the first ones if you won't let them see the last ones.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThedude68683 January 12, 2014

Twilight sucks

I think these movies are horrible I mean awful these are the kind of movies that are brainless love stories not smart like titanic and if I had to choose something for torture that isn't batman and robin I'd choose these movies and I'm dead serious if I could give a zero star rating I'd do it but I cannot do that
Teen, 16 years old Written bytvuong March 26, 2012

Horrible.

There's way too much kissing and the basic story line of the story is about how important it is for one to have a boyfriend. There's absolutely no real positive message passed on.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylunalover March 20, 2012

Book yes movie maybe

Okay so im a big book reader and i try to avoid watching a movie after reading the book but i figured they could get it right this time. so they didnt and i was mildly dissapointed. but i strongly suggest both book and movie.
Kid, 9 years old February 29, 2012

Stupid.

Bleh.
Parent Written byErohiel December 31, 2011

Couldn't even sit through it.

I was struggling from the first 20 minutes and ultimately turned it off halfway through. The main vampire is meant to be seen as 'romantic' and 'alluring', but he is obsessive, controlling, stalking, and all around creepy. If any real life girl's boyfriend were acting this way, a parent's advice would be to run for the hills, but in this movie these traits are depicted as endearing qualities. Furthermore the acting is terrible, the plot is implausible, and there is apparently no downside to becoming a minion of the devil (vampire) aside from the fact that you will sparkle obnoxiously in sunlight (They don't even need blood)... Which begs the question; with all the UPSIDES of being a vampire, and no downsides, why do they feel the need to stay hidden? And why doesn't just everyone become one? The story is chock full of gigantic plotholes and creepy possessive men meant to be viewed as 'sexy'.
Teen, 14 years old Written byantoineisthebest August 22, 2011

it suck

I can't beleive u said that is a vampire movie it suck 30 days of night this a real movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byway245 August 4, 2011

Great movie stop hating

I dont see why people dont like this movie, so there is a little bit of sexual stuff involved and just the word da--it a couple times. Im a guy and like this movie. They just dont like it because the girls always talk about Edward and Jacob xD
Teen, 13 years old Written byKinbJune July 24, 2011

The Calm Before the Storm

In relation to its successor, "Twilight" could be analogized to "Lawrence of Arabia." Okay, that probably goes too far, and I've most likely already driven away about 25% of my viewing audience, but hear me out on this: the movie itself is captivating enough to sit through. It can be intriguing at times, allowing for some blatant and sometimes subtle character development; this is especially demonstrated at the end of the film. I would suggest watching this for yourself to understand whether you enjoy movies akin to this or not, and treading lightly when pondering whether to view the sequel.
Kid, 12 years old June 24, 2011

THEY SPARKLE.

The acting was horrible. Kristen Stewart ( thats the actress i think) is a dissapointment and terribly akward.The vampires SPARKLE(!) and Edward ( that creepy stalker) watches Bella in her sleep. Clumsy people aren't endearing unless they've got a good attitude, and Bella blows off all her friends for a guy who wants to drink her blood. And I promise you, if you listen to Edward talk, it will drive you insane. It's not like he's talking. Its like he BREATHES out all of his words! And I usually like a good teen romance book/movie. But I could literally feel my brain cells DYING!
Parent Written byMom13G6B June 16, 2011

Pathetic Trash

I would have given this "movie" 0 stars if I could. Everything about it was pathetic: the acting, the make-up, the script, the set, the non existent plot...everything. My daughter who is is 13 does prank calls with the girl who plays that twitchy girl in the movies voice, and she tells me people laugh. The whole entire movie has a really bad message, it makes it seem okay to have a pedophile like sparkling elder watch you while you sleep, it's okay to never close your mouth, and it makes it seem like girls have to have a man to complete them. Also I could not see anything because the lighting in the move was terrible. I could not understand why they got a homeless man to play that stuttering girls vampire lover, my 6 year old boy said that "the homeless man from that twilight movie" gave him "bad dreams". Honestly I do not know why you would ever want to see this and I do not know why people are crazy about it, I think it might be a placebo effect. How can this be popular if no one in it can act.
Kid, 11 years old June 8, 2011

Some mild violence, 11+

I thought this movie was OK. It wasn't good but it wasn't bad either. I think it's a bit silly that the vampires sparkled. I have to say it didn't really engage me, I thought the acting was awkward and I found myself wishing for more use of the vampires super powers. James knocks Bella around a bit and people may not like the few scenes where vampires bite people. There's kissing and phrases like oh my G-d but they're few and far between and I don't think it's an issue.