All member reviews for Twilight

Teen fans will love faithful -- if uneven -- adaptation.

Teen, 13 years old Written by_brown_eyed_girl_ July 24, 2015

Mediocore in so many ways

This movie promotes stalking as love, and frankly it seems to be the beginning of an abusive relationship. A main character Edward drives recklessly when Bella is in the car yet seems to be fine when she isn't there. He forces here to go to prom when she doesn't want to and is injured. I think this glamorizes a abusive relationship especially as the series progresses. Kissing only progresses to making out in a bed. There is moderate violence but nothing to bad. In my opinion the two worst things are when Bella is followed by a group of guys and is harassed and the relationships in the show including Bella's with her father and Edward.
Teen, 14 years old Written byimoviegoteen July 10, 2015

Start of a great series

This is the first movie in the 4 trilogy movie saga. It contains a romance link throughout the film, and some violence. Violence is not gory but can be edge of your seat stuff. Language isn't an issue here. Sex includes Edward and Bella having an encounter on her bed which shows her bra, but it doesn't go any farther because Edwards not supposed to. This was a fun movie to see with the teenagers. I think adults like this movie just as much as the kids do.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGaladriel July 8, 2015

TEEN FRIENDLY ROMANTIC AND SWEET!

This movie is a sweet romantic movie about a girl who falls in love with a vampire. I read the book first and loved it, when I watched the movie I was really impressed that they managed to capture the book so well, but I would still recomend reading the book first. There is a bit of violence in the end where a character's head is riped off but it is sort of in the backround and in the movie the vampires are like granite so all you see is a flash and you hear crack like breaking rocks. The one thing I would recomend is talking to your kid and explaining that the relationship between Bella and Edward is not an ideal relationship, because its like Bella doesn't do anything without talking to or asking Edward first.
Kid, 8 years old June 22, 2015

Quite boring, disappointing thriller has violence, language, and racy content.

My rating:PG-13 for sequences of fantasy violence.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNeon_Fish June 14, 2015

It's alright.... The acting is a bit dull however the storyline is great
Teen, 14 years old Written bykitty47 June 3, 2015

One of my favourite movies

Kid, 9 years old April 30, 2015

Awesomest vampire movie

This was a very good vampire movie.The violence wasn't bad, except in one of the scenes a vampire foot another vampire and it was very gory.There is only one scene of sex, but it was in bed.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydancingbubble38 April 13, 2015

Pretty good

It was very appropriate. Honestly i think it was a pretty good movie. It was really pretty bad, so it was kinda funny which made it pretty good.
Adult Written byN.Kindred January 21, 2015

Slow and plotless.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJenniferamkarlsson January 15, 2015

P

When I was about 9, I loved this movie. Now, i literally think it's the worst thing ever to be honest, nothing sexual, just lots of staring at each other, and there is pretty much no violence, only a girl who's bitten and gets glass I'm her leg
Teen, 15 years old Written byilikepie367 December 30, 2014

So Strange...

This is a very weird movie and not worth watching. People who want to watch this movie should be prepared for 2 hours of boredom. It is a good movie if you need help falling asleep. There are several things wrong with this, such as the fact that a 100 year old man who is trapped in a teenager's body is still going to high school or the fact that a teenage girl has fallen in love with him and is not bothered by this. Also, it makes things like breaking into a room to watch someone sleep seem romantic. That's not romantic that's breaking and entering. It is an awful movie and I haven't watched the other ones but based on the trailers it just gets worse. I watched like 5 minutes of New Moon and needed a bucket to vomit in.
Teen, 13 years old Written byana_loves_movies December 21, 2014

Dont bother

There were many things wrong with this movie. Kristen Stewart was HORRIBLE actor in this movie. She makes really weird noises and just doesn't seem like the bella i fell in love with in the books. And dont get me started on robert pattinson. Sure, he has awesome looks but his acting is also terrible. It just seemed like both actors didnt show feeling. If i were you i would skip the movies and go for the books.
Kid, 10 years old November 24, 2014

Approriate

Well, this movie is good for smart kids that can be alright with blood and some scenes with kissing. Not much drinking in it at all and not much sex scenes. This girl just started at school shes getting a bit pushed around and joked about snd teased that she's with Edward which is the vampire. As my self I have watched this movie and theirs a scene quite scary for under 10's it has lots of blood, glass and throwing people through windows. But a great movie it sure is.
Kid, 12 years old November 6, 2014

Not as much Action as I Would Have Wanted

This was an ok movie. I'm the type who loves action and adventure movies and I was expecting a little more out of Twilight. The first 3/4 of the movie was pretty boring! It was only the last 1/4 that was interesting and the action finally came! So if you like romantic movies you will probably like Twilight if you are more like me and you like action movies then you might find yourself sleeping until the fighting starts!
Parent Written byBelree October 27, 2014

watchable for young teens

Crapy storyline, horrible actors and no sense at all, but something teenage girls love. The movie is really unwatchable for adults, but nice for rainy evening to do something with your daughter if you want to treat her with a movie she'll probably like. I would suggest you to make her read the book first - just for making kids read, not because it would be deeper or more educating.
Adult Written byhelsingmusique October 5, 2014

Just Don't

I don't think watching this will harm anyone that much mentally, although there are some things to consider. First off, I have to admit, I've seen the first 3 films and I have read the complete series, I read the books first and started really turning my opinions of this series when the movie came out. The acting is really bad in this film, I really do think it is mainly the lead, Kristen Stewart's acting that makes this film completely uncomfortable to watch, but that's a personal opinion on someone's acting skills. The script for this movie wasn't well done, in most movies they create from books, they have to cut stuff out, in this film however they could have made some stuff up, probably would have helped the movie. It isn't that interesting until you get to the end when there actually is the only bit of violence and action in the film, the rest is quite boring besides when she almost gets hit by a van, that's a little interesting. Most people could probably watch this movie and have an opinion that it was neither good nor bad if they didn't deal with the hype this movie created and they hadn't read the books originally, but because I did both, this movie was such a let down. Although one good thing about the movie, it helped young me see how twisted this book was. It is inappropriate no matter who you are, to sneak into someone's house to watch them sleep, however this happens in the movie and the book, it's creepy. Not only that, but they used this very creepy, stalker-like move and pegged it off as being romantic, which it isn't and no one should be taught it was. Also, and this is digging past the storyline and into the characters, the fact that this series has created a female lead character that is not only so helpless, but can be quite stupid at times as well, is just boring on sexism. The worst part, this was written by a woman who is being sexist towards women by saying you either need to be another species (Ie Werewolf/ Vampire) or a man to be powerful because who helps her? Men and supernatural creatures, yeah, the implications in this film are not good if you look at it through a feminist perspective. But that also means it is being sexist towards men as well because they have to be strong and powerful, they can't receive help individually. Although that being said, this film will not likely mess up your small child, all I know is you couldn't pay me to watch that film again.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymarleyquenten September 18, 2014

really good

this movie is quite good. not much violence. we see edward and bella kiss but that's about it. the only violent scene is in the end and you can skip it if you want to show this movie to younger viewers. (not recommended for kids under 9 or 10) and the last 2 movies need to be skipped if you have a kid under 13 or 14. so don't let them watch the first ones if you won't let them see the last ones.
Kid, 12 years old May 18, 2014

only for people who are mature enough and like romance

Its a great movie for girls who love romance but,there is some kissing but not like OH MY GOSH WHAT IS THAT!Its just romantic.But remember,you have to be mature enough to watch it and not all like "eww!" or "cooties!".Overall,its an amazing movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byllizz April 2, 2014

this movie is the bomb
Kid, 10 years old March 4, 2014

Twilight Review

Well, I love the Twilight films as it reflects on what young girls will experience in secondary school. Being a new girl in the middle of a term. Then she meets Edward and it is a bit... romantic but there really is no actual unappropiate scenes. It is a bit disturbing when Bella gets bitten but the film embraces the horror aspects of it as well as the basic storyline. The actors are brilliant and there is only a mild bit of violence and one scene younger viewers may find scary. But other than that it is great!