Teen fans will love faithful -- if uneven -- adaptation.

Teen, 14 years old Written byzipzipzap June 30, 2010

not worth seeing again

the books where amazing but the movie wasnt that good
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byMarinewife1024 March 26, 2010
LOVED this!! But anyway, I didn't let my daughter watch it till about 2 weeks ago. There is quite a bit of violence towards the end and there is one scene where the two main characters get alittle frisky when they're alone. There is no grinding or nudity but they make out rather seriously and get very close. It's over very quickly and like I said there's no grinding or nudity but it may offend some young children. Other than some violence and one extremely short make out scene the movie is quite tame. Remember these stories were meant for younger readers and the movies don't stray too much from that.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bytwilight saga January 26, 2010

i really lOve diz movie. I think itz time tO changE d wOrld upsidE dOwn ay..
Adult Written byTy3401 November 10, 2009

Only for love drunk teenage girls.

Besides terrible directing... this movie definitely missed the mark. It had potential with good acting but the directing, again, ruined this movie. The only concern that I had is that at the end of the movie a 16 year old girl runs away with her boyfriend states away, and when found by her parents there where absolutely no consequences.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bycarterl1 October 24, 2009

great movie as long as ur kids know movies from real life!!!!! My kids love the movie!!!!!

me and my family loved it the boys loved the whole vampire thing and i loved the love story with it. I have read all the books and we are taking the whole family to see new moon out nov. 20, The kids love seeing the movie and the trailer for upcoming because of the vamps and the wolves.
Parent of a 7 year old Written bymjj1993 August 8, 2009

Edward can be a good role model

Although he's full of teen-age angst long past the age he should be, Edward is a good role model for young men. He's respectful of Bella (even though he follows her) and wants very much to "do the right thing" and introduce himself to her father as they officially begin to date each other. Anyone who knows the book will know how that's going to turn out. There are elements of Edward's obsession although they can be played off as part of the vampire lore. I have issues with the very passive Bella of the film. Bella in the book is smart and witty, although a little shy. Bella of the film is a moping, uninteresting girl who can't seem to speak without looking as though she needs to burp.
Parent of a 9 year old Written bykbrown73 June 20, 2009

Depends on the child

My 9 year old has seen Twilight and loves it. I think it depends on the child if they should see it. The PG-13 rating is based on the fighting and violence. But compared to what kids can see on tv these days this movie is very mild!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byJen5413 May 29, 2009

Amazing Movie!!!

I thought this movie was GREAT!!! I agree with the PG-13 rating and think that your child should be 13 to watch this movie. It has a scene of sensuality and some violence, but other than that it is a really AWESOME movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLS22 May 11, 2009

This movie is awesome.

I waited until it came out on DVD and got if for free doing a couple of surveys. If you want to get it free click here -
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written byboatingfamily4ever May 11, 2009
i think this moviw is fine for most 11 year olds, but please don't go any younger than 10!
Educator and Parent of a 2 and 6 year old Written bymwtmama May 8, 2009

Not for little kids

I wouldn't let my 6 year old watch it because I think the idea of vampires would really creep her out. It is a very "clean" movie and if she were 12 to 15 I would not mind her watching it. It is definitely not disney!
Educator Written byfif April 21, 2009

Better than expected

I have not read the books, but I felt that this movie was fairly well done. The effects were a little cheesy, and so was the dialogue at times. Not much content to be wary of, but the idea of vampires and the violence associated with it might be a little much for younger kids, as well as one very mild scene with some kissing between Bella and Edward.
Parent of a 8 and 8 year old Written byDad4life March 20, 2009

Twilight - Bram Stoker's Drcula for Teens

Romantic and funny at times. Twilight is a decent movie that creates another view of teh movie vampire. Of course the characters who should be villians turn out to be the heroes. Vampires that are trying to fit society and change the old ways (feeding on humans) is the theme.Living in a remote out of the way place where the sun rarley shines. The vampire falls in love with a girl and she is drawn in by the sense of danger and mistique At first you think "seen it...been done". Let me tell you that the special effects is worth seeing and the acting is good the fact that the vampire cannot be destroyed in daylight but direct daylight makes their skin glisten and sparkle is a refreshing change. I recommend that children under the age of 14 refrain from watching it as subject matters of killing, blood lust, etc may be inappropriate depending on the maturity level of the teen.
Teen, 13 years old Written by_brown_eyed_girl_ July 24, 2015

Mediocore in so many ways

This movie promotes stalking as love, and frankly it seems to be the beginning of an abusive relationship. A main character Edward drives recklessly when Bella is in the car yet seems to be fine when she isn't there. He forces here to go to prom when she doesn't want to and is injured. I think this glamorizes a abusive relationship especially as the series progresses. Kissing only progresses to making out in a bed. There is moderate violence but nothing to bad. In my opinion the two worst things are when Bella is followed by a group of guys and is harassed and the relationships in the show including Bella's with her father and Edward.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThedude68683 January 12, 2014

Twilight sucks

I think these movies are horrible I mean awful these are the kind of movies that are brainless love stories not smart like titanic and if I had to choose something for torture that isn't batman and robin I'd choose these movies and I'm dead serious if I could give a zero star rating I'd do it but I cannot do that
Parent of a 7 and 15 year old Written byParentReviewz January 23, 2013

The only some-what good twilight.

I Don't Really Enjoy Twilight, It's Just Not For Me, However, I Actually Liked This Movie. Should all Guys See it? No. But, this one is actually interesting because they try to make it like a some-what horror romance and it is entertaining at some parts.
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2013

some intense sequences of action and violence,mild language,brief bloody images,crude comments,a scene sensuality.
Parent of a 6 and 10 year old Written byDobbie17 December 31, 2012

Twilight - No 1

My daughter (aged 10 - mature aged 10) and I watched this film over the Christmas period. I watched it as a movie and nothing more - the acting was ok, the story was ok (come on vampires are not real!!) and to be honest the whole experience was ok. My daughter who is a mature 10 year old enjoyed it - what did she take away from it - nothing more then that she enjoyed it - she has not looked any deeper into the film or read between any lines!! If your child is a mature 10 year old + then I would recoment this film.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheGrizzlyMig December 23, 2012

TWILIGHT: The best money milker since SAW

While other kids might be loosing their minds on how great this film is, I am not. I saw this movie and I have to say that it's terrible in almost every way. The movie has poor acting, story, scenes, everything you could imagine and yet, it has spawned several sequels. Teens, especially girls, might go crazy with Robert Pattinson, and maybe that's why they insist on watching and rating this piece of dogs*** as a decent film. Fans might say that it has spawned several sequels because of it's greatness. No, it has spawned several sequels because millions of ignorant teenagers who have absolutely no taste for good movies went to see this and now the directors decided to "milk" the franchise until everyone forgets about it. Teenagers who see this movie might not like actual good movies and might say that Twilight (or sequels) is/are the best movie/s of all time. Ignorants... If you're a fan, go watch foreign movie "Let the Right One In" or it's american remake starring Chloë Grace Moretz "Let Me In", a far more superior vampire/romance movie than Twilight. The only thing that keeps this movie up and running is Pattinson. Don't worry, this is just a "thing", people will soon stop with it. I'll put this movie as ON, but if there was an option "For Teens Who Enjoy Terrible Films, But Insist On Saying They're Good" that would be the one I'd choose.
Teen, 15 years old Written byOfficial Critic December 23, 2012

Twilight Review

Twilight works as both love story and vampire story, thanks mainly to the performances of its principals, Pattinson and Stewart. It isn't an especially good movie, however, but neither is it an abomination. At times, the dialogue is laugh-aloud bad - almost to the point of being hilarious.