All member reviews for Twilight

Teen fans will love faithful -- if uneven -- adaptation.

Kid, 12 years old January 21, 2012

Great movie!

There was like 1 scene with a little bit of inappropriate stuff. The movie would probably scare small children, so that's why I said 10 and up. People say it's sexy and Bella is way too obsessed with Edward? Not at all, maybe a little in New Moon. I love this movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheresaElmore January 18, 2012

BREAKIN DAWN

I THINKTHIS IS A GOOD MOVE
Adult Written bykoujokakyuu January 9, 2012

Poor Female Role Models

While the Twilight books and films are entertaining, adults need to consider their messaging to girls and young women. Bella's mother is a flake. Bella is a traditional girl who enjoys domesticity. Edward dictates all the terms of their relationship. When Edward does stalker-ish or manipulative things, it is portrayed as romantic although in real life such behavior would constitute red flags. Bella attaches her entire being and self-worth to Edward's presence and love. Also, author Stephenie Meyer has an agenda: she espouses courtship (not the biggest deal) and personhood (very problematic) through Edward and Bella's choices and actions. I urge anyone with a daughter who is smitten with this series to read "Feminism Doesn't Sparkle: What Twilight Teaches Young Girls" and discuss any points which seem questionable to you. I'd put a link, but CSM doesn't like those.
Adult Written bysilversatyr January 7, 2012

A lesson in what not to do AKA Fantasy Romance done WRONG.

While lauded by many a fangirl, this movie is rather questionable as a show for any immature person to watch. The romance in Twilight is decidedly unrealistic and sends a bad message to the audience - where if a boy likes you he is expected to be allowed access to your room at all hours (seeing Edward unknowingly watching her as she slept sent shivers down my spine - it's quite stalkerish in behaviour), that the girl can just toss aside her friendships for a boy that she only just met, that only the rich, handsome boys have a chance, that killing is alright if it's the bad guy that dies, wanting to end your life to be with the one you 'love' - et cetera. And this is just the first movie! Let's not mention that in the rest of the series there's unrealistic love triangles, suicide attempts (yes, more than one), unhealthy relationships, a lot of supernatural activity, violence galore, no responsibility for your actions, mentions of rape, sexual mentions, an horrific childbirth, 'ownership' of others, 'mild peadophilia' (Bella and Edward's child - who is a baby at the time - is bonded by Edward's rival for Bella's affections - Jake. This bond means that he is her 'guardian' with the intent to marry her when she's grown up - though apparently it's all up to her whether she wants it or not, but being brought up with the expectation would be hell on a childs psyche), subversion of major mythology (sparkling vampires? Try explaining that to any child with half a mind), people being eaten by vampires and major unrealistic expectations of female roles... just to name a few. To think that this is a good show for anyone whose mind is still developing and finding themselves is pure madness. The shallow characters show no actual emotions, and express their so-called love with a coldness that stuns. Add in the subversive themes of male dominance and lack of strength of any kind in the main female lead and you have a film that undermines many other more progressive shows with its pure blandness. I will admit that there are some good characters in the movie - Bella's father and the vampiress Alice among them, but alas, they are not enough to save this sham of a 'love story' from all its faults.
Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2012

Good movie!

I don't know why everyone hates this movie! I mean, it's not as good as the book,but yeah, it's great still. It's kind of hard for me because I think Robert Pattinson is SERIOUSLY ugly in this and I don't really like Kristen Stewart all that much. The only think I'd say is there is a nasty scene in the ballet studio where Bella has a head injury, is pulling glass out of her leg and gets bitten by baddie James. It's very nasty. Asides from that, I'd recommend you watch it!
Teen, 15 years old Written bylali123 January 1, 2012

Critisicm

Twilight is definitely a favorite of mine. Edward and Bella's love for each other is exaggerated but that's part of what makes it interesting. Many critics have wrote about the book and have commented that edward and bella's relationship is infact unhealthy and abusive. Personally, i can't see how it's abusive. Nevertheless, you can decide yourself by visiting (iO9: Official: Twilight’s Bella & Edward Are In An Abusive Relationship).
Teen, 16 years old Written bylmtrav December 30, 2011

Worst movie of the series...book much better

I did not like this movie. My first reaction when I saw it was why the film makers decided to make everything blue. It lacks the same feel as the book and takes out many of the good parts. The later movies are much better, especially Eclipse. It is pretty boring and lacks much emotion. There are some violent parts especially in the end when Edward has save Bella from bad vampires, and there is one kissing scene. Parents really should be more concerned about their kids falling asleep out of boredom.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhomealonefan123 December 26, 2011

this 2008 film is rated PG-13 but lots of vampire and werewolf violence. good for ages 15 and up

this first ever twilight film is great for older teens. this movie is mostly romance. this movie is more enjoyed by girls than boys.
Teen, 14 years old Written byleftbehindcrazed8 December 21, 2011

PLEASE DON'T

I don't get what's with all this evil these days. They just have to make a movie and write a book about stuff from Satan! Good idea, right? Wrong! I am a true Christian and know that the Devil is using these people to help him. Please please don't! I beg you!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytwilightluv101 December 11, 2011

ok for 12+

it has terrible acting i think its great for kids 12 and older i luv twilight!
Teen, 14 years old Written byPinkUmbrella December 6, 2011

Like it

Product Placement is not nessicary but it's okay for twilight
Teen, 13 years old Written bysexman November 29, 2011

sex

cool
Teen, 13 years old Written byResidentEvilPotter November 26, 2011

Even Worse than the Book, the Only Good Thing is Robert Pattinson

Pretty uninteresting with almost no action until the 'bad' vampires show up and one wants to kill Bella. She gets her leg broken and gets bit. That's the most violent part of the movie. The only reason I watched it was because I'm a huge Rob Pattinson fan. I may be a teenage girl, but Twilight doesn't appeal to me much. If you really look at it, this movie is horribly directed with little action (at the end of the movie). A waste of time and money. Borrow it from someone if you really want to see it.
Kid, 10 years old November 26, 2011

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this movie sucks and so dose every other twilight movie
Adult Written byMrA549 November 21, 2011

GAYNESS

ITS TRASH DONT EVER LET YOUR KIDS SEE THIS THEIR EYES WILL BE BURNING AND THEY WILL WANT TO COMMIT SUICIDE. IT HAS UNDERAGE SEX, BLASPHEMY, THEY TAKE COCAINE, NECROPHILIA AND BEASTIALITY WHO HAS SEX WITH FRICKIN VAMPIRES, SICK PERVERTS, BAN TWILIGHT!...
Kid, 12 years old October 29, 2011

blood and gore

blood and gore is the main problem
Kid, 11 years old September 2, 2011

the bestest movie eva! Pshike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just disappointing, a lot of potential but leaves desires. Feels like an actual ending than something that leads on. Edward is very quiet and and i feel wasn't really "there". And Bella always seems a bit unhappy and looks as if she is depressed in the beginning. In my opinion this movie could've been better.
Kid, 11 years old September 1, 2011

O_____O

Whatever. Everyone is all like this is the best movie ever but the story is kind of cr_ppy and it is kind of a chick flick.
Teen, 14 years old Written byantoineisthebest August 22, 2011

it suck

I can't beleive u said that is a vampire movie it suck 30 days of night this a real movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheSocialNetwork August 19, 2011

Horrible, Awful Movie.

Don't even bother. It's a total waste of money. Go see the new Harry Potter instead!