All member reviews for Twilight

Teen fans will love faithful -- if uneven -- adaptation.

Teen, 17 years old Written byprincessoftheking December 12, 2008

Impressed

I was not a Twilight fan before I watched this movie, however, I have since read all of the books. Twilight is different, very refreshing. I believe the directors did a great job keeping the movie clean and appropriate for kids and young teens. There was one very disturbing torture scene. Overall, I thought it was very well done. I would see it again any time!
Parent of a 11 and 11 year old Written byjrenouard December 11, 2008

Good movie - romantic tension

It's definitely for the at least 12/13 set. My 11 year old has read all the books and love it. Its a wonderfully done dangerous/romantic story. Edward has that attractively dangerous quality. While the romantic tension is definitely there, abstinence is the word of the day. The portrayal of the Native people is also good in that they're modern, and not represented w/ stereotypes.
Kid, 12 years old December 2, 2008

AAAAAH! This was the best movie ever!! Where is an Edward Cullen?

I haven't even read the books, but my entire school is buzzing about twilight, so i didn't have to. I have heard the story millions of times just by walking in the halls. I came to the movie theater with my friend to see it the first night it came out. (She had read the books and was drooling for an Edward!)I saw it and it made my heart fly, as i know it did for many other girls. We just want to feel like there is a perfect guy out there who it romantic, protective, and loving toward us like Edward is to Bella. Plus everybody loves vampires right?
Teen, 14 years old Written byteengrl2222 December 2, 2008

Ok but could be better

It was really good but they should of put more details from the book in the next one.
Teen, 13 years old Written byzeinabhodroj November 27, 2008

wow i loved the video

i think that this is a good movie and its has now become popular.... plus they made a new harry potter movie and were going to release it instead of twilight and if harry potter was in the movies instead of twilight then twilight would be out in the summer... but lots of people don't like harry potter anymore so now harry potter is coming out in the summer........... thanks for the movie it is awesome...........
Kid, 10 years old November 27, 2008

the best movie ever

they should make it om dvd now! it's asome i can't wait till they a game! I LOVE it SO much!
Teen, 13 years old Written byfaraway November 26, 2008

twilight

This is the best movie i;ve ever seen. I'm so excited
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2008

OME!

OME! BEST MOVIE EVA!!!!! READ THE BOOK IT WAS GREAT! SAW THE MOVIE IT WAS GREAT! Carly
Teen, 14 years old Written byAtherium vampire November 23, 2008

I lost the rest of my brain cells watching this...

I love twilight, I have read each book 15 times. I was really excited to see the movie and could tell you everything about anything! When i saw the movie, so much was left out and so much put in, and changed. They left out the part where she wakes up and Edward is still there, that is one of my favortie parts. I bit my lip the entire time, clawed my arm, leg, chair, anything really. When it was done, they had really screwed over the prom scene and I heard people behind my saw stuff like, It was not that bad, followed the book pretty well. I slide down even farther down in my chair and covered my eyes and laughed. I did not care if they heard me or not. I have to say one thing I really hated, Bella's truck. It is really a Chevy, not a piece of crap Ford, and it has huge sidepanel mirrors and it is old, not 1991 ford. That pissed me off.
Parent of a 12 and 15 year old Written bysciarcmac November 23, 2008

Trailer for The Unborn before Twilight was inappropriate

If you take a 13 year old to see Twilight, BEWARE, the trailer often shown before for the move The Unborn is NOT appropriate for 13 year olds. This trailer should only be shown in R rated movies. My daughter is having nightmares.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylongfellowman November 22, 2008

ok

I started to yawn halfway through. With everyone at my school reading it I thought it would have been better.
Kid, 9 years old July 20, 2013

Amazing

I absolutely loved this film the next day went out and bought the whole set - Breaking Dawn Part 2
Parent Written byRuth1959 April 13, 2013

Appropriate

My daughter who is nine by the way loves this movie and so does my husband. Even thought there is the whole vampire thing going on it shows that abstinence is right and that is what Stephanie Myer intended
Teen, 16 years old Written byevolinag November 13, 2012

Popular fantasy romance is nowhere as good - nor as bad - as expected. Tweens and up.

"Twilight" is a popular fantasy romance by Catherine Hardwicke. The extreme hype of the movie franchise, and the novels, somehow seemed to take overhand. Due to its success, there were many critics calling it the worst movie of all time, and others which called it the best. Looking critically at it, "Twilight" is neither. It is not terribly bad, but still, it is not exactly good. The plot is not even that uninteresting, if you keep in mind that this was the first movie that depicted vampires as "the good ones". It played with the image that a vampire had, tried to create something new - and did so. Unfortunately, the adaption is rather negative. The romance between Bella and Edward seems a bit underwhelming, there are no big emotions like in "Titanic" or "Gone with the Wind". At some parts, the movie can be a bit silly, especially the baseball scene takes a lot of the athmosphere. Also, the Twilight universe seems less thoughtful and consequent compared to other epic sagas such as "Harry Potter", "Star Wars" or "Lord of the Rings". It does not have the complexity that these franchises have. The cast is not well-chosen, having a stiff, uninspired performance by Kristen Stewart, who seems more tired than anything else. On the plus side, it is a better movie than most other blockbusters that come out nowadays, not having non-stop action and still something being diverting. Also, the soundtrack by Carter Burwell (who did the overwhelming scoring in the Coen brothers' "Fargo") is excellent, being the highlight of this movie. "Twilight" is not the worst movie of all time, but still has some fatal decisions made. If they would have chosen a better cast, and added more emotion to it, it could have been done much better. But the way it is, it simply is disappointing. -------------------------------- (SPOILERS may follow:) There is actually only one scene keeping this movie from a PG rating: a vampire traps Bella, throws her against a column, and then violently breaks her leg by punching against it (though not detailed, it is violent). Then she is bitten. However, she does not become a vampire when Edward saves her. The evil vampire is then killed off-screen by having his limbs removed. It is off-screen, this could have passed in a PG movie. (END OF SPOILERS) This is a light PG-13, one bordering on a PG rating. But for those who are under 10, caution is recommended.
Parent Written byErohiel December 31, 2011

Couldn't even sit through it.

I was struggling from the first 20 minutes and ultimately turned it off halfway through. The main vampire is meant to be seen as 'romantic' and 'alluring', but he is obsessive, controlling, stalking, and all around creepy. If any real life girl's boyfriend were acting this way, a parent's advice would be to run for the hills, but in this movie these traits are depicted as endearing qualities. Furthermore the acting is terrible, the plot is implausible, and there is apparently no downside to becoming a minion of the devil (vampire) aside from the fact that you will sparkle obnoxiously in sunlight (They don't even need blood)... Which begs the question; with all the UPSIDES of being a vampire, and no downsides, why do they feel the need to stay hidden? And why doesn't just everyone become one? The story is chock full of gigantic plotholes and creepy possessive men meant to be viewed as 'sexy'.
Kid, 11 years old September 2, 2011

the bestest movie eva! Pshike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just disappointing, a lot of potential but leaves desires. Feels like an actual ending than something that leads on. Edward is very quiet and and i feel wasn't really "there". And Bella always seems a bit unhappy and looks as if she is depressed in the beginning. In my opinion this movie could've been better.
Parent of a 4, 8, and 10 year old Written byRachelKoch November 12, 2010

chill out already

I love it my daughter wasfine watching it. There i nothing sexual about is at all.
Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom October 26, 2010

Terrible Movie, but not that violent.

Twilight is like the teen nation at the moment, I personally think it is mindless drivel.. But here is my perspective. The violence, it involves vampires so there is going to be a little bit. A girl falls in love with a vampire, gets bitten. Its not really that bad at all. The film is but the content isn't.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byjohnieb95 July 4, 2010

Wonderful Movie that I got for Free

I love this movie, me and my family watch it every Friday night. We also get friends togethor and watch the whole Twilight series atleast once a month. I got this movie for free from www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=1203929, which made me really happy that I didn't have to pay $20 for it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCandiceTalks June 14, 2010

Great for all ages!

This movie was great! I've read all the books as well, and they're great too. Violence - Some vampires tracking down human prey, characters talk of "ripping a character and burning the pieces", a character decapitates a vampire, a character is bitten by a vampire, a character gets a shard of glass stuck in her leg (some blood), etc. Language - None. Sex - No nudity/sex but there is an extremely steamy make out scene in a character's bed, a character is viewed in his/her underwear and a t-shirt, some flirting and holding hands. Role models - Bella is a great role model. She is funny, smart, etc. Edward is extremely polite and is very respectful. Even my little brother (6) watched this movie and loved it, especially the action scenes!