Teen fans will love faithful -- if uneven -- adaptation.

Kid, 12 years old November 6, 2014

Not as much Action as I Would Have Wanted

This was an ok movie. I'm the type who loves action and adventure movies and I was expecting a little more out of Twilight. The first 3/4 of the movie was pretty boring! It was only the last 1/4 that was interesting and the action finally came! So if you like romantic movies you will probably like Twilight if you are more like me and you like action movies then you might find yourself sleeping until the fighting starts!
Parent of an infant, 3, 3, and 5 year old Written byValentina L. October 27, 2014

watchable for young teens

Crapy storyline, horrible actors and no sense at all, but something teenage girls love. The movie is really unwatchable for adults, but nice for rainy evening to do something with your daughter if you want to treat her with a movie she'll probably like. I would suggest you to make her read the book first - just for making kids read, not because it would be deeper or more educating.
Adult Written byhelsingmusique October 5, 2014

Just Don't

I don't think watching this will harm anyone that much mentally, although there are some things to consider. First off, I have to admit, I've seen the first 3 films and I have read the complete series, I read the books first and started really turning my opinions of this series when the movie came out. The acting is really bad in this film, I really do think it is mainly the lead, Kristen Stewart's acting that makes this film completely uncomfortable to watch, but that's a personal opinion on someone's acting skills. The script for this movie wasn't well done, in most movies they create from books, they have to cut stuff out, in this film however they could have made some stuff up, probably would have helped the movie. It isn't that interesting until you get to the end when there actually is the only bit of violence and action in the film, the rest is quite boring besides when she almost gets hit by a van, that's a little interesting. Most people could probably watch this movie and have an opinion that it was neither good nor bad if they didn't deal with the hype this movie created and they hadn't read the books originally, but because I did both, this movie was such a let down. Although one good thing about the movie, it helped young me see how twisted this book was. It is inappropriate no matter who you are, to sneak into someone's house to watch them sleep, however this happens in the movie and the book, it's creepy. Not only that, but they used this very creepy, stalker-like move and pegged it off as being romantic, which it isn't and no one should be taught it was. Also, and this is digging past the storyline and into the characters, the fact that this series has created a female lead character that is not only so helpless, but can be quite stupid at times as well, is just boring on sexism. The worst part, this was written by a woman who is being sexist towards women by saying you either need to be another species (Ie Werewolf/ Vampire) or a man to be powerful because who helps her? Men and supernatural creatures, yeah, the implications in this film are not good if you look at it through a feminist perspective. But that also means it is being sexist towards men as well because they have to be strong and powerful, they can't receive help individually. Although that being said, this film will not likely mess up your small child, all I know is you couldn't pay me to watch that film again.
Kid, 12 years old May 18, 2014

only for people who are mature enough and like romance

Its a great movie for girls who love romance but,there is some kissing but not like OH MY GOSH WHAT IS THAT!Its just romantic.But remember,you have to be mature enough to watch it and not all like "eww!" or "cooties!".Overall,its an amazing movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byllizz April 2, 2014

this movie is the bomb
Kid, 10 years old March 4, 2014

Twilight Review

Well, I love the Twilight films as it reflects on what young girls will experience in secondary school. Being a new girl in the middle of a term. Then she meets Edward and it is a bit... romantic but there really is no actual unappropiate scenes. It is a bit disturbing when Bella gets bitten but the film embraces the horror aspects of it as well as the basic storyline. The actors are brilliant and there is only a mild bit of violence and one scene younger viewers may find scary. But other than that it is great!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAlice's Apple February 22, 2014

Not Bad

I am an avid twi-hard fan (read all books seen all movies ect..) . If I had not read the original "Twilight" book, I would have not liked this movie much at all, because the special romance between Bella and Edward lacked the "specialiness" that it had in the book. The romance is too rushed and pictured a bit confusing and very controlling if you haven't read the book. I highly recommend reading the book first before viewing this movie. As for the movie, other than the confusing romance between the two main characters, the overall movie was fine. I do believe one scene is quite iffy though. When Edward and Bella first kiss. The kiss isn't while Bella is in appropriate attire (undies and a tee), and it is way too long and not as gentle or sweet as in , you guessed the book.Also,some parents might not like the fact that Edward has been sneaking into Bella's bedroom to watch her sleep. (Not creepy in the book) For violence, there is a bit of blood, the worst scene is where Bella has been bitten by James and he left behind a bloody crescent mark on her wrist. There is a teensy bit of rude humor in the scenes that include Bella's human friends. They joke about speedos, big boobs, and boys are constantly after Bella. Overall, It wasn't too bad though a little iffy when it comes to Bella and Edward's romance. :)
Kid, 12 years old February 22, 2014
I was shocked that so many had said such high ages. I honestly found nothing bad about this movie. Maybe the plot, though in this movie, its more so the idea of the plot that's scary, rather than the actual movie. There's kissing, and Edward watches Bella sleep, but that's so obviously creepy that it can't really be considered inappropriate. However at the end of the movie, James (the villain) bites Bella, and there's a fight scene, however most of the focus was on Bella and it barely showed the characters ripping James up and burning him (how you kill vampires). The only real thing that I found scary was that Alice (Edward's 'sister') rips off James' head, however he has no insides, so it's not graphic at all.
Educator and Parent Written byRepublicanMom February 21, 2014

Anti-Christian

The clear paganism is wrong! This is a Christian country! This film is pagan/communist propaganda!
Kid, 12 years old February 17, 2014

Great for teenagers!

Some violence, no sex, but there is sensuality (clothed) and there is talking about sex, mild language, mild drinking.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytwilight_girl13 September 27, 2013

Amazing Movie!

Kid, 12 years old September 1, 2013

Depends on what you like

A lot of people don't like the movie. They say it's stupid. But I think it just depends on your taste. I think Twilight gets better through the other movies. I think if you like paranormal, romance and some action, this is a great movie for you.
Kid, 12 years old July 24, 2013

Enjoy the movie!

It was a great movie, it shows a shy girl called Bella Swan making her way through life when she meets a vampire named Edward Cullen. They only thing I would recommend is reading the books first, you get your own picture in your head of the movie. You'll miss a lot of scenes in the movie than in the book! A couple of violent scenes at the end, some blood but nothing too violent.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKyle1414 June 29, 2013

i guess its okay...

Kinda boring throughout the movie. The only exciting part is at the end of the movie where it starts to get intense.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymbooks23 June 16, 2013

pretty good...A BABY SPOIL ALERT! (not that big of a deal, but still)

The books: awesome. I didn't love how Bella practically sells her soul for a guy. That's just stupid, I think. The movie is so funny! It isn't supposed to be, but it is. They just act like robots! So much better in the book. Um...the later books do have some...stuff in it. Like Bella (SPOILER ALERT) getting pregnant and having birth and all that. Some cuss words. Love the books, Not so much the movies.
Kid, 11 years old May 12, 2013

Twilight AMAZING !

This movie was great! One sexual scene in which Bella and Edward make out in her bedroom, while she has very short shorts on, but as for sexual content, nothing more than that. Some violence such as glass getting stuck in hands, heads bleeding, and also some vampires dying by being ripped apart and burned, although nothing is shown. This movie was great !
Teen, 14 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow April 16, 2013

Suprisingly deep and intriguing vampire romance has lots of bite

A male teenager like myself is not the kind of person you would expect to get into something like Twilight, and several reviews hailing it as a riotous unintentional comedy didn't raise my expectations either. But I gave the film a try nonetheless. And, to my immense surprise, it's actually a strong and intriguing romance. The actors were, admittedly, very good in their roles; Kristen Stewart was fascinating and at times three-dimensional as the love-struck and pretentious heroin, and Billy Burke was soft but firm as her father. Robert Pattinson looked and sounded perfect in his role as the creepy lover boy vampire, giving a very convincing American accent and offering some engaging chemistry with Stewart as her obsessive love interest. The Cullens were all convincing vampires, although I wish I could have seen a bit more of their dark sides (after all, they are vampires). The way the story was set up and the buildup of the romance was very well executed and interesting, even if it is wildly unrealistic that Bella would make such an assumption about Edward being a vampire so fast. The cinematography was bold and beautiful, with lots of dark lighting to represent the mood and tone. Plus, what is it with everyone talking about how god awful and laughable the dialogue and scriptwriting were? I thought they were fine, for what the story was trying to accomplish. Also, a lot of people say that the characters are bad role models and don't represent true love, but here's something you're not understanding: it's all trying to be a play on Romeo and Juliet. In that story, the two leads decide instantaneously that they are in love, and go so far as to end their lives when their rivaling families try to pull them apart. To go that far so fast is a rushed, pretentious, uncharismatic, and, well, half assed romantic relationship that shows that they were too young to realize what they were truly getting into. The way Bella and Edward instantly jump into a relationship and the way Bella goes so far as to ask to be turned into a vampire is very similar to the way Romeo and Juliet handled their relationship. Simply put, Bella and Edward aren't supposed to be good role models. They are two star-crossed lovers who are rushing into things. But that's the only real problem I have with the movie; it seems odd that it's presenting these characters as bad role models when we're trying to follow them and sympathize with them. In some ways, that's a problem I have with Romeo and Juliet as well. But that certainly wasn't enough to turn me away. I consider this movie to be sweeping, heartfelt, and enjoyable to watch. And to those who hail it as an unintentional comedy, I have only one thing to say: bite me.
Parent Written byRuth1959 April 13, 2013

Appropriate

My daughter who is nine by the way loves this movie and so does my husband. Even thought there is the whole vampire thing going on it shows that abstinence is right and that is what Stephanie Myer intended
Kid, 11 years old March 23, 2013

Ugh.

Just ugh! "Vampire" "Are You Afraid" Haha. So stupid(even if I am a girl). Vampire, werewolf ,oh whatever! Hate this movie,even if hilarious.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLOLpandabear March 15, 2013

Twilight

Ok the books were AMAZING!!!!!! But the movie was TERRIBLE! Constant stares between Edward and Bella and it just got plain annoying!