All member reviews for Twilight

Teen fans will love faithful -- if uneven -- adaptation.

Teen, 15 years old Written byOfficial Critic December 23, 2012

Twilight Review

Twilight works as both love story and vampire story, thanks mainly to the performances of its principals, Pattinson and Stewart. It isn't an especially good movie, however, but neither is it an abomination. At times, the dialogue is laugh-aloud bad - almost to the point of being hilarious.
Kid, 9 years old December 9, 2012

Good or Bad: Good

Great movie awesome! My mom hates it. :( She says they have no personality, but when you read the book first then watch the movie it rocks. It is for older kids, but I am pretty responsible. Kissing scenes are an iffy. Violence in the end and Bella yells sometimes. Fighting is also an iffy. Read the book then see the movie.
Adult Written bymakuta December 2, 2012

Twilight, lowering the age of sexual maturity

This movie is definitely not for kids, if anybody had closely read the book (not too closely, might lose brain cells), Stephanie Meyers is continuously pushing the notation that "sex before marriage while you are underage is okay"; the main character Bella is constantly trying to get into Edward's pants the whole series, but the only reason she doesn't is because she respects Edward's choice to get married first (what a saint, pedophilia and statutory rape averted). And what's with Jacob? The only nice guy in the entire book and movie that is trying to woo Bella, and not being a total jerk, but you know the saying: "Nice guys finish last"; it's only in the second half of the movie that Jacob finds true love...with a baby. As time goes by books and movies are getting more and more connotative towards sex, drugs, and rock and roll (don't tell me you don't notice the psychedelic euphoria the vampires go through after tasting a tiny bit of human blood), while plot holes just keep multiplying and growing (was I the only one who noticed Edward's special ability to sparkle in the daylight suddenly disappeared between the second and third book/movie?). This movement is definitely an age gap problem; when I was younger I loved Harry Potter, but now that I am older and much more educated in literature and subliminal media, I realize that Harry Potter is only slightly better than Twilight. The only difference is that directors tried much harder in the HP movies than the Twilight movies. If you have any problem with this review, look it up on the web before you decide that I am crazy for not loving a boring, bland, mentally-crooked, teenage girl for turning down a really nice, down-to-earth, half wolf-half body builder for a depressed, psycho-maniac, that spends half his time softly singing lullabies and killing wood-land critters for food. Tons of people have agreed that books and movies like Twilight are a factoring influence in this age's teenage psyche and mentality.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu November 23, 2012

This is the worst movie since Beauty and the Beast!

This is crap, all this is about is vampires giving chicks hickeys. I really hate The Cleveland Show, but I am glad it made fun of this girly trash.
Kid, 11 years old November 15, 2012

LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!

Love this movie!! Not very violent, except for when James attacks Bella. That scene is very disturbing. I watched this when I was 6. That's prolly alright, just tell the younger kids to cover their eyes when Bella and the Cullens meet James at the ballet studio.
Teen, 16 years old Written byevolinag November 13, 2012

Popular fantasy romance is nowhere as good - nor as bad - as expected. Tweens and up.

"Twilight" is a popular fantasy romance by Catherine Hardwicke. The extreme hype of the movie franchise, and the novels, somehow seemed to take overhand. Due to its success, there were many critics calling it the worst movie of all time, and others which called it the best. Looking critically at it, "Twilight" is neither. It is not terribly bad, but still, it is not exactly good. The plot is not even that uninteresting, if you keep in mind that this was the first movie that depicted vampires as "the good ones". It played with the image that a vampire had, tried to create something new - and did so. Unfortunately, the adaption is rather negative. The romance between Bella and Edward seems a bit underwhelming, there are no big emotions like in "Titanic" or "Gone with the Wind". At some parts, the movie can be a bit silly, especially the baseball scene takes a lot of the athmosphere. Also, the Twilight universe seems less thoughtful and consequent compared to other epic sagas such as "Harry Potter", "Star Wars" or "Lord of the Rings". It does not have the complexity that these franchises have. The cast is not well-chosen, having a stiff, uninspired performance by Kristen Stewart, who seems more tired than anything else. On the plus side, it is a better movie than most other blockbusters that come out nowadays, not having non-stop action and still something being diverting. Also, the soundtrack by Carter Burwell (who did the overwhelming scoring in the Coen brothers' "Fargo") is excellent, being the highlight of this movie. "Twilight" is not the worst movie of all time, but still has some fatal decisions made. If they would have chosen a better cast, and added more emotion to it, it could have been done much better. But the way it is, it simply is disappointing. -------------------------------- (SPOILERS may follow:) There is actually only one scene keeping this movie from a PG rating: a vampire traps Bella, throws her against a column, and then violently breaks her leg by punching against it (though not detailed, it is violent). Then she is bitten. However, she does not become a vampire when Edward saves her. The evil vampire is then killed off-screen by having his limbs removed. It is off-screen, this could have passed in a PG movie. (END OF SPOILERS) This is a light PG-13, one bordering on a PG rating. But for those who are under 10, caution is recommended.
Kid, 11 years old October 28, 2012

Twilight...... ?

At first, I was a fan. I watched it over and over and OVER again because I loved it SSSOOOOOO much. But like a month later, I was like, why did I even like it again? I thought Kristen Stewart could have done Bella better. I mean, Bella was so....... boring. It's like she didn't even have a life at all before meeting Edward. Edward is kind of weird. I mean 80 years waiting for HER, he seriously could have used his time for a better cause. Bella wants to become a vampire..... so hurry up and BITE HER ALREADY! You don't need to make three other movies about how he won't bite her! I bet that right after the battle for renesmee, they got divorced.
Kid, 12 years old October 28, 2012

Romantic Love Story Faithful to the Book.

The Twilight adaptation is very faithful to the book and is just as entertaining. There is some minor cussing, a few passionate kisses, and some violence; but it is appropriate for anyone 12 and up.
Kid, 9 years old September 4, 2012

Disappointing film ever

This is the worst film ever!
Teen, 14 years old Written bycaleighbug11 June 17, 2012

Edward Cullen could teach guys a serious lesson :)

This movie is amazing! The books are even better but fans that have read the book will be amazed that your thoughts come to life on screen, I hope you love it as much as I do... If that's even possible!!!
Kid, 11 years old June 9, 2012

Are you kidding me?

No. Just plain NO. A way of torture for me would be strapped to a chair, watching Twilight. Bland story/plot, HORRIBLE acting, and NO violence whatsoever. The books were okay, but the movie just made the books look bad. DO NOT SHOW YOUR KIDS THIS MOVIE YOU WILL REGRET IT.
Kid, 11 years old April 15, 2012

Twilight

Ive seen all the twilight movies so far but my favorite is the first twilight. I didnt think it was inapropiate at all. It should be rated PG.
Kid, 12 years old March 10, 2012

LOVE IT!!!

What got me into to Twilight in the first place, is my best friend, Kayla. She was the one who introduced my to the Twilight Saga. I really loved the first movie (I haven't seen the others yet). The language is surprisingly mild for a PG-13 movie. H*ll is used a couple times, freak, Oh my G (I'd rather not say God, considering that I'm a Christian), and Swear to G. The sensuality is a little moderate. One scene that's a little strong in sensuality, would be when Edward comes through the window in Bella's room and they start making out. This would be a cool movie for tweens. Also, I really don't think Edward Cullen's hot, but he's not ugly, either. His role is what makes him a nice guy and a gentleman. I think that the girls are exaggerating a little about him. I mean, yeah he's not super cute, like Jacob Black O_o, but Edward's not ugly.
Adult Written bykeeyan January 29, 2012

my favorate

this movie is so so so so so so so awesome
Kid, 12 years old January 21, 2012

Great movie!

There was like 1 scene with a little bit of inappropriate stuff. The movie would probably scare small children, so that's why I said 10 and up. People say it's sexy and Bella is way too obsessed with Edward? Not at all, maybe a little in New Moon. I love this movie!
Adult Written bykoujokakyuu January 9, 2012

Poor Female Role Models

While the Twilight books and films are entertaining, adults need to consider their messaging to girls and young women. Bella's mother is a flake. Bella is a traditional girl who enjoys domesticity. Edward dictates all the terms of their relationship. When Edward does stalker-ish or manipulative things, it is portrayed as romantic although in real life such behavior would constitute red flags. Bella attaches her entire being and self-worth to Edward's presence and love. Also, author Stephenie Meyer has an agenda: she espouses courtship (not the biggest deal) and personhood (very problematic) through Edward and Bella's choices and actions. I urge anyone with a daughter who is smitten with this series to read "Feminism Doesn't Sparkle: What Twilight Teaches Young Girls" and discuss any points which seem questionable to you. I'd put a link, but CSM doesn't like those.
Adult Written bysilversatyr January 7, 2012

A lesson in what not to do AKA Fantasy Romance done WRONG.

While lauded by many a fangirl, this movie is rather questionable as a show for any immature person to watch. The romance in Twilight is decidedly unrealistic and sends a bad message to the audience - where if a boy likes you he is expected to be allowed access to your room at all hours (seeing Edward unknowingly watching her as she slept sent shivers down my spine - it's quite stalkerish in behaviour), that the girl can just toss aside her friendships for a boy that she only just met, that only the rich, handsome boys have a chance, that killing is alright if it's the bad guy that dies, wanting to end your life to be with the one you 'love' - et cetera. And this is just the first movie! Let's not mention that in the rest of the series there's unrealistic love triangles, suicide attempts (yes, more than one), unhealthy relationships, a lot of supernatural activity, violence galore, no responsibility for your actions, mentions of rape, sexual mentions, an horrific childbirth, 'ownership' of others, 'mild peadophilia' (Bella and Edward's child - who is a baby at the time - is bonded by Edward's rival for Bella's affections - Jake. This bond means that he is her 'guardian' with the intent to marry her when she's grown up - though apparently it's all up to her whether she wants it or not, but being brought up with the expectation would be hell on a childs psyche), subversion of major mythology (sparkling vampires? Try explaining that to any child with half a mind), people being eaten by vampires and major unrealistic expectations of female roles... just to name a few. To think that this is a good show for anyone whose mind is still developing and finding themselves is pure madness. The shallow characters show no actual emotions, and express their so-called love with a coldness that stuns. Add in the subversive themes of male dominance and lack of strength of any kind in the main female lead and you have a film that undermines many other more progressive shows with its pure blandness. I will admit that there are some good characters in the movie - Bella's father and the vampiress Alice among them, but alas, they are not enough to save this sham of a 'love story' from all its faults.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPinkUmbrella December 6, 2011

Like it

Product Placement is not nessicary but it's okay for twilight
Teen, 13 years old Written byKinbJune July 24, 2011

The Calm Before the Storm

In relation to its successor, "Twilight" could be analogized to "Lawrence of Arabia." Okay, that probably goes too far, and I've most likely already driven away about 25% of my viewing audience, but hear me out on this: the movie itself is captivating enough to sit through. It can be intriguing at times, allowing for some blatant and sometimes subtle character development; this is especially demonstrated at the end of the film. I would suggest watching this for yourself to understand whether you enjoy movies akin to this or not, and treading lightly when pondering whether to view the sequel.
Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2011

Best Vampire Movie!

Great movei! Just saw it for the first time with my best friend, The Twilight Freak.