All member reviews for Twilight

Teen fans will love faithful -- if uneven -- adaptation.

Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byRodriguez2 September 18, 2010

Why not just tell your daughters they must lose their soul to gain happiness?

This movie romances the idea of stalkers and poor female role models. It reduces the prominent female to helpless without her (vampire) companion. This is not a model we should be showing young girls. The fact that the main character simply cannot function without Edward is astonishing, and exemplifies depression as the proper way to gain attention. Parental figures are almost non-existent, as are quality adult role models. The acting was atrocious, at best.
Teen, 16 years old Written bytaymomsenfan April 11, 2010

OFF FOR ANYONE!! This movie is stupid! I dont see how this even got 3 stars ;; I mean the vampires sparkle and it just seems so silly ;; like a little girl wrote it. The Vampire Diaries book and show is way more better because It actually seems more like the traditional Vampires
Teen, 14 years old Written byHunterJumper13 December 21, 2010

Stupid... Stupid.. Stupid... Stupid...

STUPID. STUPID. STUPID movie. This movie is cheesy, pointless, plotless, with terrible acting, dumb, and cheap. Bella is a bird brained feather head that can't do anything on her own, Edward is a stalker who watches her sleep, and honestly the main line is "And the lion fell in love with the lamb". Honestly, I could literaly feel my braincells shrinking as I listened to Bella and Edwards sappy lines to each other. I mean really, do you want to torment your poor brain by forcing it to watch that drabble? Take a hint, and don't watch this movie... that is, if you don't want your brain to rot
Parent of a 17 year old Written byMusicteacher July 6, 2010

OK for older kids; 12 and under, not so much

For those worried about the content of the books or films, be aware, these works were never aimed at those 12 years old and younger--they were originally targeted at high-school students. I noticed several comments from parents uncomfortable with Twilight's discussions of sex, virginity and intimacy. That material is indeed appropriate for mid-to-late teenagers; trust me, whether or not you approve, they are already having those discussions, although maybe not with you! Better to read a book together, or go to a movie, and then discuss the issues afterwards--you can use those times as a teaching moment. My biggest problem with the works isn't sex or violence, it's the false values--the worship of wealth and beauty--that seems to underlie them.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytweeni January 8, 2010

a failure!

personally, i think this movie was made to look better than it really is. its unrealistic, and kristen stewart is a HORRIBLE actress. in my opinion, it was such a failure kids aged ten and up can see it. the only relatively violent scene is when james attacks bella. she gets a large piece of glass stuck in her skin and james snaps her leg in two, which can be scary to watch for younger kids. on the whole, i state it a pretty big failure and is ok to watch for kids ten and up.
Adult Written byrawrrocker July 5, 2010

Mixed, vaguely chauvinistic messages.

The thing that really disturbs me about children watching this is the unhealthy messages that the relationship between Bella and Edward send. Not only is it obsessive, but it is also mildly misogynistic. After being blown off and ignored by Edward, Bella proceeds to become more attached and interested in him regardless of his rejection. In the relationship, Edward is the one fully in control and Bella is subservient to his desires. It just concerns me what messages about a "normal" relationship this is sending to young girls.
Kid, 9 years old July 16, 2010

Rob Pattinson is Ugly...

This movie is a bit on the weird side. A little to smoochie for me. Not enough action, either. Rob Pattinson looks hideous in the movie. I've seen him in his better days.
Teen, 13 years old Written byQuizzle July 4, 2010

Horrible Messages About Relationships

Besides the movie just not being very well made, the messages and role models are appalling. Bella is shown as weak and helpless and needing as man to protect her. She then falls hopelessly in love, and her entire world revolves around him, and this is shown as being a good and mature choice despite her young age. Their relationship shows further signs of unhealthiness; Edward follows her around, and breaks into her room and night and watches her without her consent. This is also treated as being an act of love.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLexie s. May 19, 2010

Perfect if you haven't read the book. If you've read the book, you'll be dissapointed.

The book was WAY better!!! The movie has hardly anything to do with the book and Edward is creapy and ugly.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byErin6126 April 12, 2010

Great on DVD

Wasn't really that impressed. Although I hadn't read the series before seeing this movie. Enjoyed it several times on DVD since the reading.
Kid, 11 years old April 6, 2010

Love is strong, and this movie really shows this because Edward, the boy, loves Bella a lot.....I love Stephenie Meyer's concoction of tough love!
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byarudek805 September 26, 2009

Read the Book

Robert Pattison might be dreamy in the eyes of every tween girl. but the bad acting and low quality special effects make this movie painful to sit through.
Adult Written byVolleyGirlLove June 30, 2010

Dialogue and acting is always done awkwardly.

I thing Twilight was okay. It had poor acting and dialogue. Concerns would be the violence and some small sexuality. It has a very bloody, intense scene in a ballet studio in which bad vampire James tries to kill Bella. James is shown breaking her leg which makes a sharp crack that might be repulsive for some. Bella is shown being slammed into a wall which blood then spurts as she screams in pain. She also has to pull glass out of leg and hand which is disgusting and bloody. Edward and James fight but no blood. Alice rips off James's head. For sexuality Edward and Bella share a VERY passionate kiss moving together on a bed during which Bella wears very short shorts that may be considered underwear. Edward stops himself after about a minute. There are also several fun scenes in the movie. I would recommend it for 11+ though I'm sure younger have seen it too. People who like the movie may be drawn to the actors. Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are NOT good role models. they both smoke and Kristen has been reported smoking pot. Try to avoid them as favorite actors and actresses or role models.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBlueDragonMaster98 June 6, 2010

Awful

Will girls stop looking at the actors and listen to the story? the acting is bad, and the effects are cheap-looking. I admit the book is Ok, even though it is very boring, but still. It's just, so bad. I didn't even bother to watch New Moon after this garbage. Just read the book and stop uploading gay pictures of Ed Cullen that that Jacob guy. If you want vampires at their finest, watch Hellsing or Blood. Even Dracula is better that this. I can name more, but I might bore those who are diehard fans just because Edward Cullen is 'hot". Whatever (said with a sacarstic, but not annoying/disrespectful tone).
Teen, 13 years old Written bygirl4natwolff January 31, 2011

Um....

It was okay, the acting was pretty terrible, u the books are way better.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bykee10 August 14, 2010

Good for teen plus

Eclipse movies are good, but only for those 13 and older. There are way too many younger girls watching them. The subject matters are definantly teen and up.
Adult Written byRileyx July 16, 2010

Perfect for older kids +

I think the Twilight saga is amazing! It must not be missed. The books are also great and they get you hooked. Team Riley x :P P.s, Eclipse is AWESOME!! It's the best film and Breaking Dawn is the best book. :D
Parent of a 11 and 12 year old Written bychrissys880 April 4, 2010
Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2011

MOST AMAZING MOVIE!

I WATCHED IT THREE TIMES IN A ROW!!!!!!1
Kid, 10 years old February 25, 2011

i think 10+ is perfect

ok, listen. twilight is an awsome movie. if kids' parents are concerned about them watching twilight, then what kids could try is asking if they would watch it with them. just like in a movie theater, if you're under 13 and you want to watch twilight, all you need is adult supervision.