All member reviews for Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas

Kid, 12 years old December 15, 2013

This wonderful Madea holiday special is full of emotion and positive messages

This installment of Tyler Perry's Madea series is not full of that rude humor that is found in the previous movies (well, there is some of it). Instead, Madea now presents herself as a role model (kinda) with many good advice. Also, the movie deals with more emotional issues like bullying and discrimination, and there is one scene that can even make you cry. But the fact that there is a very positive message in the movie makes it a recommendation to kids. Remember, although our skin color is different, you have to look at what's inside. This movie is a MUST WATCH.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylinas101 December 14, 2013

not for 2+ of coarse

do my eyes decive me or does common sense seriously say on for 2 and up
Kid, 12 years old December 13, 2013

Great for young adults

It tells not to be racist there are some punches one explosion fireworks and talk of beating up someone there are a lot of sex refrences of strippers hoes and sexual situations there is some language such as a** d**n bull but no s*** there is budwiser sheldon construction and some beer
Kid, 10 years old January 15, 2014

"Madea" Makes Me Laugh Out Loud

I haven't watched too many "Madea" movies, but this one is VERY funny, some people (reviewers) say it's horrible. But the audience (normal people) say it's funny and you gotta watch it. I really liked it, VERY funny. Just language and joke issues.
Kid, 12 years old December 26, 2013

Good

It had moments, but wasn't good. THE ENDING DRAGS.
Teen, 15 years old Written byironkid21 December 16, 2013

Madea is as awesome and hilarious as ever but this lots of times boring and uneven comedy somehow manages to bring itself down with some boring subplots and moments that feel slapped together...

Madea is awesome! If it wasn't for any of her scenes, this movie would be pretty bad. Almost all of her scenes were hilarious and I almost felt like clapping when she checked some of the annoying characters in shape! Otherwise, this was pretty disappointing. It basically has the same "lie" plot from recent movies that have debatably done it better (People Like Us, The Big Wedding) and during most of the moments without Madea, I was either bored or aggravated by some of the characters (mainly the mom, the daughters ex, and one of the students' dads). The subplot between one of the daughters students and his dad didn't even really feel that resolved. Even the outtakes in the credits, which are usually really fun in the other movies, weren't even that funny. This is all coming from someone who really liked the previous ones. But Madea was really funny, the acting was really good (especially Tika Sumpter, Larry the Cable Guy, who usually annoys me but was actually really fun to watch here, and Kathy Najimy), the message was really good, and Larry the Cable Guy (playing the most tolerable character he's played since the Cars movies) and Kathy Najimy have some great moments together and their characters were a lot of fun to watch! I guess that makes it...okay/mediocre...I don't know. I hope there's more Madea movies, but I just hope they're more well made than this...
Teen, 14 years old Written bymassie11 December 14, 2014

One Of the tamer TP movies

I am a bg fan of tyler perry , so i rented this. this one was a little dull . but not bad . very tame compared to madeas family reunion. Try it . you may like it 7out 0f 10
Kid, 12 years old July 21, 2014

Hilarious Christmas Movie

This holiday movie is really great and meant to be funny. There can be emotional dramatic parts and language but still pretty good.