All member reviews for Uncle Buck

The Candy man can make this iffy movie taste good.

Kid, 12 years old March 22, 2010

LOVE IT!!!

GREAT MOVIE!!! THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE JOHN CANDY MOVIES!!!
Adult Written by4Spice October 24, 2009

a classic 9 and over

great great movie very funny atch it 9 and over
Kid, 10 years old December 4, 2009

ROFL!

This is one of my favorite movies! there is a lot of swering, drugs, and humor! it is a great family movie. it is my favorite John Candy film ive seen. great movie.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byGoodSSJ August 10, 2011

The Movie's Ok For Me But My Kid Loves This Movie

This Movie Should Have Been Rated:PG-13 For Sexual Content,Language,And Drug Use.
Adult Written byzeekattacklee January 4, 2015

Parents should have judgement when letting there young ones watch this..

The overall film has it’s funny parts.. on the other hand, I think this film shouldn’t be shown to kids under the age of 13 due to it’s Sexual references, Language, this film also has a sex scene for a brief second until Buck takes apart the door, and It also contains smoking and drinking.(“I stopped smoking cigarettes, now I’m on to cigars..”) . Other than that, Please use wise judgement when deciding to let your Young adolescents watch this..
Adult Written bywonder dove May 19, 2012

Brings back childhood memories!

I have to say, one of John Candy's all-time BEST movies (The Great Outdoors is another one of his amazing films!) I have seen this movie countless times and it never gets old. Watched it first time when I was a youngster - probably about 7 and completely overlooked all the dirty stuff except for something that stayed with me...the dirty dancing scene with Buck and the woman next door (lol). Looking at it now is laughable, it's incredibly humorous. Not really a family movie per say...but younger kids probably won't really notice much - the humor overrides it all! I have so many favorite parts - the drunken party-clown was perfect, Buck's morning pancakes, his car was hilarious, the deal with Bucks love interest was pretty funny as well, Bucks lifestyle was not so great but the man he was inside...was so special and such a wonderful caring being. My dad's favorite movie - watched together many times and it brings back such great memories I'll treasure! Watch with the fam, such an enjoyable film all around!
Parent Written byCamisita January 27, 2012

Not for my kid...

How is the suggested age of 11 good for a movie where teen sexis impled? What kind of message are we sending if we let kids see that sex for teens is ok outside of marriage and at an age that they can't make sensible decisions for themselves or handle any "consequences"? I don't think so.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy July 27, 2014

Good film, but has lots of sexual themes

Uncle Buck may look like a kids film, but it is really more along the lines of a teenager film. The movie contains heavy sexual themes, although no nudity is ever shown, several suggestive scenes and comments are like a woman dirty dancing with a man, a woman suspecting a man is having violent sex (even though he is just trying to use the washing machine) an overly horny boyfriend and a few more things that I don't need to mention. You get the point. That being said, the movie does contain a lot of language, but the language is PG 13 and not horrible. Not much to speak of for violence, any violence is not intense and most of the violence is probably meant to be comical. Uncle Buck does smoke in several scenes also. This all said, Uncle Buck is not a children's movie. No, it is not a bad movie, it is just not meant for kids. Let them learn about sex in school, not from you having to explain it in the most innocent way possible after they watch the movie and ask you about it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJohn Candy Fan 9009 November 24, 2012

TOP ONE OF MY FAVORITES!

This is my top favorite! It is VERY, VERY, funny! I would recommend this for fourteen and older. Just for the mild Sex jokes, and language. And at one part, a teen couple is shown having sex. The boyfriend is going all the way, even when his girlfriend pleads for him to stop. This scene may frighten younger viewers. Not only is this funny, but it is very sweet. Uncle Buck is funny, ornery, and very kind. Oh, and Uncle Buck is played by THE John Candy! Ok, back to topic. I would say watch this movie with you're kids who are fourteen and up. And you will not regret it.
Kid, 8 years old June 23, 2011

OK.

It is SO FUNNY!!! Bad Language Though, Such as the S word
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 30, 2011

Bucked Up

There is tons of talk about drugs, sexual stuff, and cussing packed inside this movie. It should be PG-13.
Kid, 9 years old May 1, 2010

Great movie, but some issues.

I love this movie, but here's some issues. Language: Two uses of "son of a b-tch", a possibly utter of "p----y" (edited out from TV airing), "a--hole", "d--n", "b-stard" "s--t", and I think that's all. S*x: The older sister's boyfriend only uses her for s*x. Violence: Uncle Buck is shown pulling out violence to threaten the older sister's boyfriend. The neighbor pulls out something at Uncle Buck that looks like a mini-gun. Drugs/Alcohol: Lots of teen drinking & smoking is shown at a party. Uncle Buck asks the older sister (who is said to be in high school) if she wants a cigar. So, I recommend this movie for 10+ with the family, and 14+ with friends and stuff.
Kid, 11 years old April 9, 2010

Sweetest Candy Ever!

This is a very funny movie that older kids will enjoy. Parents need to watch out for the sexual behavior, language, drinking, and smoking. In one scene, Buck is trying to open the washing machine (using foul language) and a neighbor thinks he is raping somebody. In another scene, teens are in bed together. There is some kissing, too. The language is pretty much everything but the F-word. Buck also drinks excessively and smokes cigars. A clown that was hired for a kid's birthday party comes drunk. This is a movie that definitely should be PG-13.
Adult Written bymattbruns3 May 24, 2015

This movie should be PG-13 for pervasive language, a scene of teen sensuallity and drinking.

This movie has far too much language to be PG. I am really surprised about the rating. It has the word d*ck in it which is PG-13 language. And the sensual scene in it is not at all PG content. Sensuality or anything sexual is PG-13. If they are under 13 I would be supervising them.
Parent Written byAmyB 9 May 23, 2015

Ridiculous language

We thought we were watching a family fun movie but felt we were muting or explaining the whole movie. The bad language is non stop and the scene between a teenage girl and boy in bed is way inappropriate for young kids. Very disappointing! This would have been rated PG-13 if they rated accordingly back then!
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew February 19, 2015

The candyman makes this movie taste a little salty

My rating:PG-13 for crude humor,sexual situations and language
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2012

This Candy Couldn't Get Any Sweeter!!!!!

This is a movie that never gets old. It's a great family comedy. I love this movie. Past the bad laguage and other things. They show postive role models. Great Job!!!!!
Parent Written bypbryden April 9, 2012

Uncle Buck is worth the mild language

A great film, but more swearing than I remembered. It presented a teachable moment for us, but took us a bit by suprise.
Kid, 12 years old January 13, 2012

Good movie but lots of swearing

It's a pretty good movie. There are lots of swear words like the s word, son of a ....., and a couple others.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymovieloverluvluvluv November 24, 2011

good movie

its a really funny movie not appropriate for younger kids a lot of d swearing and drinking but a good movie