'80s comedy about a bachelor babysitter has profanity, sex.

Adult Written by4Spice October 24, 2009

a classic 9 and over

great great movie very funny atch it 9 and over
Kid, 12 years old March 22, 2010

LOVE IT!!!

GREAT MOVIE!!! THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE JOHN CANDY MOVIES!!!
Kid, 10 years old December 4, 2009

ROFL!

This is one of my favorite movies! there is a lot of swering, drugs, and humor! it is a great family movie. it is my favorite John Candy film ive seen. great movie.
Adult Written byzeekattacklee January 4, 2015

Parents should have judgement when letting there young ones watch this..

The overall film has it’s funny parts.. on the other hand, I think this film shouldn’t be shown to kids under the age of 13 due to it’s Sexual references, Language, this film also has a sex scene for a brief second until Buck takes apart the door, and It also contains smoking and drinking.(“I stopped smoking cigarettes, now I’m on to cigars..”) . Other than that, Please use wise judgement when deciding to let your Young adolescents watch this..
Parent of a 13 year old Written byGoodSSJ August 10, 2011

The Movie's Ok For Me But My Kid Loves This Movie

This Movie Should Have Been Rated:PG-13 For Sexual Content,Language,And Drug Use.
Parent Written byCamisita January 27, 2012

Not for my kid...

How is the suggested age of 11 good for a movie where teen sexis impled? What kind of message are we sending if we let kids see that sex for teens is ok outside of marriage and at an age that they can't make sensible decisions for themselves or handle any "consequences"? I don't think so.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 30, 2011

Bucked Up

There is tons of talk about drugs, sexual stuff, and cussing packed inside this movie. It should be PG-13.
Parent Written byMatt B. May 24, 2015

This movie should be PG-13 for pervasive language, a scene of teen sensuallity and drinking.

This movie has far too much language to be PG. I am really surprised about the rating. It has the word d*ck in it which is PG-13 language. And the sensual scene in it is not at all PG content. Sensuality or anything sexual is PG-13. If they are under 13 I would be supervising them.
Parent Written byAmyB 9 May 23, 2015

Ridiculous language

We thought we were watching a family fun movie but felt we were muting or explaining the whole movie. The bad language is non stop and the scene between a teenage girl and boy in bed is way inappropriate for young kids. Very disappointing! This would have been rated PG-13 if they rated accordingly back then!
Teen, 14 years old Written byJohn Candy Fan 9009 November 24, 2012

TOP ONE OF MY FAVORITES!

This is my top favorite! It is VERY, VERY, funny! I would recommend this for fourteen and older. Just for the mild Sex jokes, and language. And at one part, a teen couple is shown having sex. The boyfriend is going all the way, even when his girlfriend pleads for him to stop. This scene may frighten younger viewers. Not only is this funny, but it is very sweet. Uncle Buck is funny, ornery, and very kind. Oh, and Uncle Buck is played by THE John Candy! Ok, back to topic. I would say watch this movie with you're kids who are fourteen and up. And you will not regret it.
Adult Written bywonder dove May 19, 2012

Brings back childhood memories!

I have to say, one of John Candy's all-time BEST movies (The Great Outdoors is another one of his amazing films!) I have seen this movie countless times and it never gets old. Watched it first time when I was a youngster - probably about 7 and completely overlooked all the dirty stuff except for something that stayed with me...the dirty dancing scene with Buck and the woman next door (lol). Looking at it now is laughable, it's incredibly humorous. Not really a family movie per say...but younger kids probably won't really notice much - the humor overrides it all! I have so many favorite parts - the drunken party-clown was perfect, Buck's morning pancakes, his car was hilarious, the deal with Bucks love interest was pretty funny as well, Bucks lifestyle was not so great but the man he was inside...was so special and such a wonderful caring being. My dad's favorite movie - watched together many times and it brings back such great memories I'll treasure! Watch with the fam, such an enjoyable film all around!
Kid, 8 years old June 23, 2011

OK.

It is SO FUNNY!!! Bad Language Though, Such as the S word
Kid, 9 years old May 1, 2010

Great movie, but some issues.

I love this movie, but here's some issues. Language: Two uses of "son of a b-tch", a possibly utter of "p----y" (edited out from TV airing), "a--hole", "d--n", "b-stard" "s--t", and I think that's all. S*x: The older sister's boyfriend only uses her for s*x. Violence: Uncle Buck is shown pulling out violence to threaten the older sister's boyfriend. The neighbor pulls out something at Uncle Buck that looks like a mini-gun. Drugs/Alcohol: Lots of teen drinking & smoking is shown at a party. Uncle Buck asks the older sister (who is said to be in high school) if she wants a cigar. So, I recommend this movie for 10+ with the family, and 14+ with friends and stuff.
Kid, 11 years old April 9, 2010

Sweetest Candy Ever!

This is a very funny movie that older kids will enjoy. Parents need to watch out for the sexual behavior, language, drinking, and smoking. In one scene, Buck is trying to open the washing machine (using foul language) and a neighbor thinks he is raping somebody. In another scene, teens are in bed together. There is some kissing, too. The language is pretty much everything but the F-word. Buck also drinks excessively and smokes cigars. A clown that was hired for a kid's birthday party comes drunk. This is a movie that definitely should be PG-13.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHeyo_Simba October 27, 2016

Really????

This movie is just not for kids. Don't show them this movie!
Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2016

Uncle Buck Review by Thundamuffinz

Just so you know, there is absolutely NO way that this movie should be rated PG. From alcoholics to gambling to sexual content, it by far deserves a rating of PG-13, and the upper end of that too. There is more sexual content than some parents would be comfortable with, including one scene where a girl is in her underwear in a bed with a boy (nothing shown). There isn't much violence in this movie, aside from torture threats from buck to his niece's boyfriend. There is some swearing in this movie, although it is only minimal. I would say there is good messages and role models in this movie. For one, it shows anyone can change. The niece actually likes her uncle in the end, and in the end the uncle goes from a lazy person and a failure to someone willing to take responsibility for things as a father. There is, as I previously mentioned, quite a big of drinking and gambling, including among teens. The niece's boyfriend drinks beer, and buck does too. Buck gambles and smokes, along with drinking. But now let's get out of the stuff the parents want to know, and in to the stuff the kids want to know. This movie is hysterical. The kids even curse. and that is just priceless. So my recommendation? Very funny, but for kids 10+.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy July 27, 2014

Good film, but has lots of sexual themes

Uncle Buck may look like a kids film, but it is really more along the lines of a teenager film. The movie contains heavy sexual themes, although no nudity is ever shown, several suggestive scenes and comments are like a woman dirty dancing with a man, a woman suspecting a man is having violent sex (even though he is just trying to use the washing machine) an overly horny boyfriend and a few more things that I don't need to mention. You get the point. That being said, the movie does contain a lot of language, but the language is PG 13 and not horrible. Not much to speak of for violence, any violence is not intense and most of the violence is probably meant to be comical. Uncle Buck does smoke in several scenes also. This all said, Uncle Buck is not a children's movie. No, it is not a bad movie, it is just not meant for kids. Let them learn about sex in school, not from you having to explain it in the most innocent way possible after they watch the movie and ask you about it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymovieloverman1234 July 16, 2009

great for tweens

I liked this movie quite a bit. It is pretty funny. Still, I dident think thid was ment for PG. It does have some sexual material and language. That being said, Uncle Buck is sure to delivier and great for tweens
Teen, 15 years old Written bymwplefty April 9, 2008

Could not stop laughing during this recurring scene

I laughed everytime Buck's car turns off and it sounds like a loud gunshot full of smoke and gas. Definitely my favorite John Candy film so far. He really looked the part of a guy who really has a problem getting up off the couch/bed and taking care of kids. It's hilarious. I recommend this movie to fans of comedies and John Candy.
Kid, 9 years old February 11, 2017