All member reviews for Underdog

Not too many new tricks left for the old Underdog.

Kid, 11 years old May 9, 2010

Underdog: The Movie Review

Rating: IFFY 5+ for mild profanity "they used imbec***, screw it up and idiot. icky stuff for ages 5-6."
Parent of a 4 and 8 year old Written byzedada June 13, 2009

Nothing to worry about here.

We saw it as a family -- an almost 5 year old and 8 year old. Some of it and the beginning was a bit tough for them to understand but they quickly got the point. It is not that scary -- the good guys obviously are going to win. Underdog is entertaining and funny and it is a lot of fun.
Adult Written byawesomeriffic April 9, 2008

i died laughing.... at the movie i saw before i left my house forthe movies

this is the stupidest worst most weird movie, about a dog that talks in a red sweater whoever made it up must be crazy so youve been warned dont go to the chessiest movie on the planet i dont even think that this movie could appeal to kids any older than 2 and no adults af any type i reapeat any ANY ANY ANYYYYYYYYYY type.
Adult Written bySurfer_Clock April 9, 2008

Nothing's changed

In the corporate turn-over from Michael Eisner to Robert Iger, Disney's still doing one thing that's really taken them down over the years and turned them into a joke. They can take perfectly good children's entertainment and ruin it for a future generation. Obvious but wasted references aside (Shoeshine's probably the best reference, and look how long that lasts...), the live-action talking animal genre's been around about as long as the industry. I'm not sure whether there's anything new to do with it, but I feel like it should be on its way out. It's the kind of thing that at this point, just be given to Enron to see if they can take it with them. Announcing 'no more sequels to classics' is a good start for Disney, but they need to take it one step further and not let Hollywood wreck any more classic franchise.
Parent of a 7 year old Written bydjjwc April 9, 2008

Not quite the speed of lightning or roar of thunder...

We were disappointed in Underdog. My 6 year-old son enjoys the original cartoons on dvd. However, the change from cartoon to live action was a little scary for my son. He was interested enough to watch the entire movie, but he has no desire to see it again any time soon. The PG rating had concerned me so I checked various reviews and ratings before we agreed to go see the movie. I expected the language and humor to be worse on my rating; however, I was not too bothered by that. In fact, I felt it was lacking in humor (some of the questionable humor went over his head). There was some humor but I think my son would have enjoyed it more if there had been more big laughs in between the scary Barsinister and Riff Raff scenes. My husband was pleased that they played appropriate homage to the cartoon. I am not disappointed that we saw the movie, just disappointed in the movie. Overall, we all felt the movie was just okay.
Adult Written bybporter28 April 9, 2008

Great fun for the whole family

This movie is wonderful and very inspiring for many kids!!Good fun.
Adult Written bytroublesome April 9, 2008

Adult Written byMomofone April 9, 2008

Cute Movie!

I thought it was cute, worth checking it out. Some of the scenes might be a little scary for some younger kids, overall it seemed ok for all ages!
Adult Written byHD330 April 9, 2008

Clean fun

There isn't too many movies that do not have some kind of adult humor... this movie, I would say is safe. Clean fun movie for adults and children alike.
Adult Written byougirl2oo7 April 9, 2008

Pretty Good

This movie was pretty good. My 5 year old loved it though he was scared during a few parts...(snarling dogs, etc). All in all I would say this would be a good film to view at home when you can fast forward through some of the scarier parts.
Adult Written bycrap April 9, 2008

Awsome

This was a nice family fum movie that had minor violence.
Adult Written bySwedeMom April 9, 2008

I laughed every couple of minutes!!

My entire family loved this movie-daugthers aged 8 and 11 and my husband. It was very witty, no "potty" humor and just a lot of fun. Everyone in the theater clapped at the end of the movie. Have no fear, Underdog is here!!!!!
Adult Written bymovie loving mom April 9, 2008

a suprisingly good movie

My kids were really excited to see this movie but I didn't think it would be very good. I was wrong. It was actually very clever. I found myself laughing thoughout the movie.
Adult Written byJestocost April 9, 2008

Son loved it

I probably wouldn't have liked this movie very much if I hadn't seen it with my 5 year old. He clearly thought it was one of the greatest movies ever made. My son get's very anxious if there is any suspense or dramatic tension in a movie, and he was a little upset at one point while Underdog was facing Riff-Raff, but only for a moment. I did kind of enjoy spotting the references to this half-remembered show from my childhood, but the real enjoyment came from watching how thoroughly my son enjoyed it.
Adult Written bykirst April 9, 2008

Adult Written byveiwer April 9, 2008

I very much enjoyed watching this movie.

The Movie is a vast remake from the 1970's cartoon that I knew,and I found it to be very cute,and funny.

Cute but not my kind of movie...

My headline says pretty much all... It's alright but it's, you know, a little to cheesey for my taste...