All member reviews for Underworld

Pulpy, punk-ish story with some intense violence.

awesome movie but......

for kids my age this may be a little too much on the scary/gory side but i'd say it has awesome action scenes
Teen, 14 years old Written bymeemz4395 April 22, 2009

DUUUUUDDE . . . seriously, man up a bit

I'm 14 and I saw this...people are over reacting because this movie was excelent and I loved it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byenglishrider4546 April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written bykatiemay017 March 21, 2010

Great movie 15+

I personally LOVE this movie as well as the others in the series. For me this movie is not that scary at all (probably because me and my friend can make anything seem funny and we watch crime shows) but some parts can be scary. Only one small kiss between Selene and Michael and Sh*t is used a few times. amazing movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byKiki Long. February 18, 2010

Not as bad as you think.

This is one of my favourite films ever. It isn't that goreish untill the end were the 'baddie' gets his head chopped in half and you only see a tiny bit of it. My only hang up is the needles and also those tubes of blood, I'm terrible with them, I hid behind my friend who made it worse by telling me they strawberry laces, can't stand strawberry laces any more =], any way, I recomend it for people like me. Who like REAL vampires and some good plots.
Parent of a 11 and 14 year old Written bygoatsauce June 15, 2009

A good compromise.

Personally one of my favorite films as an adult and fantasy buff. As with any film, parents should make decisions based on their own children. My daughters are both young teens and love the Twilight series. I gave them the option to watch this with us. They were fine with it overall, maybe a bit squeamish with all the werewolf gore. In the end they got up not because it was offensive, but they were just disinterested with all the action. 13+ boys will likely love it, and I'd say it's fine for them. They're gonna watch this violence anyway whether we want them to or not, so this is a good compromise.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMiss_Floof April 9, 2008

R? Seriously?

Now, just because this movie wasn't the next Lord of the Rings doesn't mean it wasn't good. It was. I really liked it. People who spaz about violence can close their eyes. And the language isn't anything you don't hear every day after your first day of sixth grade. I don't really understand why parents feel the need to protect their children from harsh language. They hear it every day at school, whether or not parents accept that. But, it really is a good movie. It is edgy and punky, but in a good way. Make sure to see the directors cut. It fills in some of the tiny holes the regular version has. Happy viewing...
Teen, 16 years old Written bydonotgneralize April 9, 2008

One of my favorite movies...

This movie is for any hardcore fan. Kate Beckinsale is very hot and sexy, but extremely tough. The fighting scenes are always believable and so are the characters. A must-see for anyone in love with gory fantasies...and hardcore music.
Written byAnonymous March 24, 2015

Adult vampire fick is too intense for kids but entertains teens

My rating:R for bloody violence and language
Kid, 12 years old June 28, 2014

More thrill and horror

I am only 12 and i found this movie at the back of my dvd shelf, the minute isaw the the cover and the title i knew this movie would be excellent! Im used to the bad language in school but the director put it in to build tense i love this movie and want to watch the next one. Let your children watch this, creates imgination in them XD
Teen, 17 years old Written byBryn Clare February 4, 2013

Best Action Ever

Expect lots of violence, and a few strong words. If you can handle that, and you love action and suspense, you can not miss Underworld. A deep, satisfying plot, a sexy, incredible lead, and amazing acting, Underworld is an intensly gratifying movie. It won't disapoint.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPrincessCharmed797 October 24, 2012

Underworld

This movie is very good, but this movie can be very disturbing for younger viewers. In the movie A mans head splits in half, Guns are shot, someone is electrocuted e.t.c.
Kid, 12 years old May 24, 2012

Not appropriate For younger viewers

Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 January 21, 2012

Entertaining,fairly violent,not as good as others.

The story mostly focuses on the rise of the war between vampires and werewolves so you can expect heavy action,and fair but not a lot of blood.
Parent of a 12 and 15 year old Written bypwi11iam2 January 8, 2012

Mindless Popcorn fun

No acamedy award. But lots of action. Violence is no worse then the video games your 14 year is probably playing.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byHealthWyze.org December 3, 2011

Not as clean as some say

There were at least two very prominent uses of f*ck, and one scene in which one woman with no shirt on (you see her bare back) is kissing a male in a chair.
Teen, 14 years old Written byskizler July 16, 2010

the real vampires... Xb

im so sick of twilight but ill tell u watching this was a relief... not anyway near as scary as i expected it to be... it was r im 13... but the gore was kind of nasty...
Parent Written byPlague December 14, 2009

Underworld

Great movie for vampire/werewolf lovers. And im not talking about sissy Twilight fans either. Awesome acting, and intense action scense is what makes this movie fantasic.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byMr. Boxbox November 7, 2009
Great action/adventure movie. Very stylish with nice cinematography. It's got some bloody action violence but it should be fine for teens. Highly recommended.
Teen, 17 years old Written bycullengirl88 July 4, 2009

Great movie

I love this movie. Much better than most vampire movies. Way better than 3 stars.