All member reviews for Unknown

Disappointing, often-violent thriller has one good twist.

Adult Written bykhan2705 March 11, 2011

Disappointing thriller with a good twist

2.5/5 A man awakens from a coma, only to discover that someone has taken on his identity and that no one, (not even his wife), believes him. With the help of a young woman, he sets out to prove who he is. ok this movie isn't TAKEN, but mildly satisfying action thriller. it is very slow moving and the first 30 minutes were quite boring and painful to watch. my Flixster friends really liked it but i didn't that much. 55% Rotten Tomatoes rating is quite fair. i am not saying it is a bad movie, but i didn't liked it. i was not feeling well so i had to take Tablets, i think it was the drowsiness that i did not got into this movie, because i don't remember absolutely nothing about this movie. thats is terrible. i would have loved it but on the basis of what i felt i am reviewing it, i don;t think i would be able to watch this movie again. The Bourne Identity kind of felling but that one was far better. Taken was good. i read a critic saying it is very twisted but i didn't saw anything like that in it. the final twist was good. less but appropriate action in it. movie was unpredictable. plot was entertaining and makes you guess at several parts. plot turns a bit over the top at times but Liam makes it grounded. screenplay was fair, not much bad or good, some final touches were needed. direction was sharp i must say but didn't quite impressed me the way it should have. story was entertaining. editing of some sequences was very tightly done. cinematography was very good, i liked the locations and all. background score was awsome. really good. Liam Neeson was perfect choice for this movie always. i like him in these kind of flicks, he could have been done a slightly better job though. Diane Kruger was good, January Jones was very plastic in it, i don't like her. other supporting cast was below average. ofcourse acting wise these kind of movies lack that punch and it won't any awards. the car crash and car chasing scenes were good. this movie to some way is good. an interesting and tensed movie. i would blame my condition for not liking and getting this movie. if you are a Liam fan you will watch it for sure.
Adult Written byJunk4jeff February 27, 2011

At least 16+

Not appropriate to teens.
Adult Written bymgwynn224 March 7, 2011
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth October 13, 2014

About average for Liam Neeson

Unknown is about a man who gets into a car crash and wakes up from a coma with his wife married to someone who claims to be him. Unknown has just as much action, sex, language and drinking as an average "Neeson thriller" There is however a good twist within the story.
Teen, 14 years old Written byarman kalantari January 31, 2012

awesome movie

Kid, 10 years old September 8, 2012

Awesome

Pure awesomness!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySpielberg00 December 14, 2011

Pretty violent for a PG-13.

My rating: PG-13 [borderline with R] for intense violence and sexual content. Violence: 4/5 - Lots of explosions. Sex: 3/5 - We see people making love in the shower multiple times, and though it is clear that they have no clothes on, we see no nudity.
Parent Written byDasGinatron November 6, 2011

The movie is good, the age group is older.

This is a well done movie, but express caution based on your child's age and maturity level for viewing. I would probably not go younger than 14-years-old to watch this movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTotally500 August 28, 2011

Unknown into a well known movie

This movie is really good slow in some parts but overall a really good movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 August 25, 2011

I Suggest Source Code

To be honest, I thought this movie was a little stupid. If you're looking for a good thriller, I suggest Source Code.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez July 28, 2011

14 and up.

Unknown is a good and awesome thriller movie stars with Liam Neeson played in the movie taken and although the movie maybe confusing at first it will surely entertain your older teens but parents this movie Unknown has some intense violence some brief sexual content some mild language used and little drinking and drugs used.
Adult Written byPastelito28 July 14, 2011

Horrible MOVIE

this movie is terrible and might be to complicated for younger kids. don't bother playing the movie.
Adult Written bygreenergere July 3, 2011

unknown

pg13 for some sequences of intense violence and action,some sexual content and brief strong language
Teen, 14 years old Written bybslrpl July 1, 2011

Good movie with a great twist!

This was a really good movie, me and my dad really enjoyed it. The main problem was the violence with killing and fighting ranging from fist fights to shooting to knife attacks. There was some blood at the end. A sexual scene glimpsed through flashbacks in seen a couple times with a man and woman in a shower having sex. It doesn't show anything explicit but there is some noises. No drugs and the language isn't too bad! Great movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviefan22 June 24, 2011

Skip it!

This movie was very confusing, especially at the end. The ending, in my opinion, was terrible. You could call it a twist, but it seemed to me that the director was trying too hard to make the audience surprised. It was well-acted and the action was frequent and exciting, but this thriller just didn't make the cut for me. However, after a night of seeing it, I now do understand the ending.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 3, 2011

i rate this title IFFY for 13+

What to watch out for * Messages: The movie's message is a downer: You may believe one thing about yourself, but if enough people tell you otherwise, it may not be true. You can't trust anyone, and if you do, your life -- and the lives of your friends -- could be in danger. * Role models: The movie's hero isn't a particularly good role model in that he's violent and argumentative, acts desperately, and is really rather helpless. He asks for help from others, but he doesn't particularly work well in a team. He tries hard to solve his problem but in a rather destructive way, with few consequences. * Violence: Several car chases and crashes, several fistfights, and a little blood. Guns are drawn and fired. A man murders a woman by twisting and snapping her neck. A woman is knocked unconscious, a character is zapped with a Taser, and a character is sliced open with broken glass. There are huge explosions, with fatalities. Characters frequently argue with and confront one another. * Sex: The main character and his wife are shown kissing and making love in flashbacks. No nudity, but viewers hear moaning and heavy breathing. Language: Language includes infrequent use of "s--t," "a*s," "bi*ch," "he*l," "d**n," "a--hole," "oh my God," and both "Jesus" and "Christ" used as exclamations. * Consumerism: Not an issue. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: The main character gets some sort of knockout drug while in the hospital. The villains have a deadly drug that kills its victim in seconds. One character takes cyanide.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAshinthehouse April 1, 2011

Intense violence and some other themes but not a bad movie

It was a good movie I really liked it i would say it has violence which can be intense and some romance between the main character and this wife otherwise it's not a bad movie
Parent of a 12 year old Written byJay00 March 26, 2011

Outcast against the world with new twist

I found it to be quite different from the other movies you could categorize in this genre of someone unexpectedly being left alone in the world and the whole world is against him. One of the different things about it is that this outcast is portrayed as quite normal and not a super hero that can easily deal with impossible situations a la Jason Bourne. Another good feature is the plot which leaves relatively few holes within a significant twist. Different from other movies, the twist was quite unexpected and tight. I found the pace to be quite good, although you could argue some more editing could improve it.
Kid, 12 years old March 19, 2011

Good Action, Good Twist...

I can see what some of the reviews are saying but the twist really made up for at least. The acting was good enough but the shower part was unneeded and removed a large group of people from the theater. Keep 9,10, and 11 away.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLiliElza26 March 18, 2011

The kids should stay at home..probably you should as well.

I wouldn't say this film was worth watching. The was just plain and pointless, with a lot of violence and unexpectedly 'strong' sexual scenes. I mean, it's supposed to be a 12A. Personally I didn't like Unknown, but if you're looking for the usual Liam Neeson action film then this is perfect for you.