Martial arts and melodrama -- not for children.

Parent of a 18+ year old Written byKakarot October 21, 2009

a sweet and good movie

this time jet li is really unleashed with intense action and superb performance........
Adult Written byuytt2 February 25, 2010
this movie is an good example how to mix martial arts with a good drama. warning the movie is voilent the fighting is rough and graphic. there is a brief sex scene and some nudity. in a fight scene a naked woman screams in terror as jet li in another guy fight. the language is tipical for a rated r movie lots of f bombs. after all is an entertainig kick ass film with good preformances from jet li and bob hoskin
Adult Written byZarkahn April 9, 2008

I almost cried....It was so good.

This movie was just so awsome. I[m big on martial arts so I just loved watching Jet Li work. The story was just sweet. I got really close to crying. I never cry on movies by the way. I cant wait to see it again, On DVD. So I can skip through the bad parts, wich theres only 2 really. The first "sex" scene doenst show anything but the second 2 just get worse. The violence was of course as brutal as it could be. But that just made it all the better when the plot came together. You could understand it and apprieciate it more. I cant get over it, It was just beautiful. This is now my favorite movie. Awsome.
Teen, 15 years old Written byShannon528 August 19, 2012

Amazing Movie!

This was a fantastic film in my opinion. There is graphic violence and language throughout, but there is also a deep message within. I'm only 15 and I saw this movie for the first time a few years ago. I'm mature for my age and intelligent enough to grasp that the material in this film is inappropriate. Jet Li mixes his martial arts with a great drama about a third of the way through the movie. Li's performance is spectacular and gained my sympathy for his character. Great film!
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn September 16, 2011

Brutal, incredibly well done action sequences mixed with raw human emotion

Unleashed is a very entertaining, surprisingly deep emotionally action movie that has much more drama and heart than most action movies out there today. That said, the action comes quick, loud and at a bone crunchingly brutal state, which often leaves charatcers extremely injured, bloody or dead. Also, there is plenty of strong language from certain specific characters, some strong sexuality involving sex with prostitute which gets interrupted both times, some very brief nudity near the end, and constant alcohol drinking and consumption. This is a very brutally violent movie and than action sequences are quiet exhilarating, but this is not a child friendly movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bywii April 9, 2008

hfkshukfjdfkvhcjfkcvhcmnvbfkjfh

ssssswwweeetttt movie!!!!!
Adult Written byMovie Man September 6, 2009

Finally, They Mix Them: Excellent Drama and Beautiful, Awe-Inspiring Martial Arts!

This was an excellent, amazing film; no, this is not an action-fest. Yes, this is an amazing, beautiful drama with impressive, moving performances and story and some outstanding, prolonged martial arts action, including a couple of awesome stunts and shootings. If you understand this, you will probably enjoy this amazing film. PARENTS: the action is very cool and will attract young ones to this film; but be warned. Although most of the action is perfectly fine and exciting for younger viewers, the violence and sex are not. A woman is shot in the head in front of her son, bones are shattered in some action sequences, characters are imapled or bashed with sharp or blunt ojects, characters are shot and tortured (many times), and a man has rough sex with two prostitutes (two different occasions). If you watch this with your kids and fast forward through some of the explicit sex and violence, the younger ones should highly enjoy the action (and you could too) and you'll probably enjoy the wonderful performances and moving storyline. Enjoy! -Movie Man
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written bybobkitten6 April 9, 2008

Most amazing fight scenes with jet li

I think that kids who like martial arts films like with good fighting in them should watch unleashed because even though unleashed has nudity, you only have .5 miliseconds to see it. So if you are watching the movie for the first time your mind will probably skip it sinced your only focused on the fighting. Heh, i was only thinking about the fighting too. Until I read somewhere that it had nudity in it, I never knew. So if your like 8 and up you will love this movie because jet li kicks butt in this film. Other awesome movies are fearless no language or nudity, just amazing martial arts, and cradle 2 the grave, and the once upon a time in china series(1,2,3). Rated R only for amazing kung fu and very mild language. You watch good movies like this, you will love jet li and his kung fu movies.