Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Unplanned

Very graphic content in faith-based abortion biopic.

Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written byLeslie C. May 3, 2019

Wow!!!! A++++

Powerful & informative.

A true inspirational movie of love, hope & healing.

Thank you Abby Johnson!

Adult Written byhollywoodca April 23, 2019

EYE OPENER FOR THE BABIES THAT HAVE NO CHOICE!

Seeing this movie only backs my feelings on abortion and proves that a unborn life has value. I know there are some that don't approve of this movie maybe thinking it takes away from a women's right- But I must remind you that the people that are for abortion are already born! This is a movie that motivates me to encourage women to save themselves and there unborn child from a life of pain and unnecessary choices. We must have a deeper love for whats unseen.

Parent of a 6 year old Written byMayaK April 21, 2019

A hard slap of reality

This movie is unquestionably graphic. But it is also the first film to cut through the lies and false information put out about abortion and counter them with a hard slap of reality. I would not call it faith-based, that in and of itself is an inaccurate statement. There are some faith themes but they are not predominant. What is predominant is the damage that abortion does to every single person involved. If you are old enough to engage in sexual activity, you are old enough to watch this movie and face that reality I wrote about earlier. It's not just another method of birth control, no matter how much those who are paid big money for parts and pieces try and tell you it is.

Adult Written byWendH April 19, 2019

A must-see for pro-life or pro-choice families!

This movie was so well-written. Very intense and emotional at times, but that is the reality of abortion and living with the choices you make. It exemplifies the power of prayer and the forgiving mercy of God's love.

Parent of a 10 year old Written byKaitis1Mom April 18, 2019

The real side of abortion

Unplanned, based on the true life events of a former Planned Parenthood Site Director, is a VERY real look at what happens inside of an abortion clinic. You see both sides of a clinic. It is a very heavy subject matter, and is visually graphic. You see the blood of fetuses, the agony & guilt of women and girls who use their services. You see the ruthless side of Planned Parenthood’s Corporate positions.
It’s very real.

Adult Written bySnowman 1 April 17, 2019

The Best 2019 Movie, Thus far!

Very realistic!
Great Christian message on 6th Commandment!
The movie was well acted out! They couldn't have picked better people to play the parts.
If you are a Christian, I believe you are going to love this movie and all that it stands for!

Adult Written byScienceTeacherDad April 12, 2019

More proof of the need to #walkaway

The true story of a woman who rose through the ranks of Planned Parenthood to become a facility director and national Employee of the Year... only to finally realize that her employer's stated goal of reducing the need for abortions did not match with its actual, more lucrative goal. Seeking forgiveness and redemption, she walked away from her corporate career to continue helping pregnant women in crisis... but to actually help them, not just convince them to kill their children.
Is there blood? Yes. But only in the context of realistic medical procedures and emergencies. It's not much worse than a typical episode of M*A*S*H.
Is there violence? Only against fetuses, and a news broadcast that states a murder occurred.
Frankly, the only things any reasonable person could find offensive in this movie are an honest portrayal of pro-life Christians and a brutally honest portrayal of a horrific billion-dollar industry.
Go see it WITH your kids... it'll give you a lot to talk about.

Adult Written bythehmrodriguez April 12, 2019

Unfair MPAA rating

If your kids are mature enough to understand the context of abortions, then they are definitely old enough to see this film. Yes, it has some tough scenes, but they need to SEE. This generation needs to see the horrors so they are inspired to GO do something to create change.

And that MPAA rating was unfair to begin with:

Adult Written byantochi April 12, 2019
That moment when most of the "professional film critics" give it a poor rating, but most of the audience thinks the movie was very good. Makes you think...

Adult Written byMama-of-4 April 11, 2019

Based on a true story of a former Planned Parenthood clinic director

Unplanned portrays the story of Abby Johnson, the youngest ever Planned Parenthood director and her change of heart towards abortion after aiding in an abortion procedure. Even though she personally had two abortions herself, she believed the narrative that fetuses are unformed clumps of tissue that have no feeling. During this ultrasound guided procedure, she saw the fetus twisting and moving away from the suction catheter as it was being pulled apart and suctioned out of the mother's uterus. What she saw traumatized her and caused her to resign as clinic director. Abby ultimately found healing and redemption in dedicating her life to helping abortion workers leave the industry and is now an advocate for life. *Note to parents - there is some blood and baby body parts are shown. That is the ugly reality of abortion.

Adult Written by19Jenn82 April 11, 2019

Stop the murder of innocent baby's great movie.

I could never get an abortion I'm so happy someone made a movie about it. It's a must watch for people that vote Yes to murder baby's at any term the blood will stain your soul and zap your spirit. Great movie I can't wait to add it to my movies and shows it to my kids and grandkids when they're old enough... We need to stop murdering innocent baby's.

Adult Written byREdeFINED April 9, 2019

Must See, Share, and Support!

I argued with myself this morning about whether or not to go see this movie. On one hand, I didnt want to go, on the other, I felt compelled to. I am so glad I went! It is an honest story and an honest portrayal of what it truly costs when the life of an unborn child is ended, yet it is not condemning or judgemental. It is fantastic and I applaud Abby and The Coalition for Life. Well done, thank you for telling your story!

Adult Written byasnyder.counselor April 9, 2019

If you have seen a middle school health video on sex and childbirth, you can watch this... Must See!

This is a movie like the Holocaust documentaries, it's hard to watch, but it's a must see if you really want to know the reality of abortion.

I did not take my 13 year old daughter to the movies because I wanted to watch it first. However, I feel comfortable enough to let her watch it when it comes out on DVD. If you have seen a middle school health video on sex and childbirth, you can watch this. Yes it's gruesome, but it's reality. I want my daughter to know the reality of a choice like abortion and this movie accomplishes that. I believe the movie accurately displays the reality because of accounts of abortions I've heard first hand.

It's really a debate about what is human... If you are "joyfully expecting", the world will humanize your child. If you want an abortion, the world will dehumanize... it's a double standard. Either a fetus is alive and growing (and would be considered human in my opinion) or it's not. (and if it's not, there would be no need for abortion)
Adult Written byJoJo2025 April 9, 2019

Unfair Rating

I went to see this with my soon to be 19 year old daughter who is an avid movie-goer. She said every high school student should see this - both female as well as male. She also thought PG-13 movies that she has seen have been more graphic than this and felt it was an unfair rating. This led to our assumption that Hollywood does not want you to see some uncomfortable truth...which is actually pretty horrific since I was sitting next to my “wanted daughter”. There isn’t any sex or foul language in it.
Since there are young teens who are having sex early, this might deter them from the unthinkable happening. I didn’t feel that it pushed religion on you, but showed much compassion on those who have had to endure a heartbreaking decision. Definitely go see it. I’m bringing my husband and son tonight as I believe males have just as much part in this....as well as grandparents.

Adult Written byRobertjmjrs April 8, 2019

Extremely well done and powerful teen and up family movie about the truth of Planned Parenthood and abortion

Both powerful, entertaining, and extremely well done. Acting, writing, and production values are tops. Finally the truth from the inside of Planned Parenthood about their mission and a very accurate and necessarily graphic presentation on abortion.

Adult Written bySusan I. Thoele April 8, 2019

Truth!

This movie tells the truth about abortion while being compassionate to all those involved. Is it violent? Yes, abortion is violent - one person is killed and the other is injured.

Adult Written byChristinesexton April 8, 2019

Every parent should take their teenager!

The truth people aren't willing to face! Emotional, faith-based, great moral compass movie. Every parent should take their teen to see. It's harsh with the actual showing an abortion and the effects of the morning after pill. I would recommend parents see it with their kids or see it first, then take their kids.

Parent of a 12 year old Written byltcolkep April 7, 2019

Timely Given The Political State

Very well done movie. I’ll be taking our 14 & 12 year old kids this week. A counter to the media and political hype though I’ve got to say they presented the view from Planned Parenthood from a fairly balanced perspective. It would be a good movie to show in school health courses but that won’t happen. Next best would be to show in church youth groups. It doesn’t deserve an R rating. Highly recommended!

Adult Written bySharonkay1968 April 7, 2019

Truth

A very honest look at the abortion industry.

Adult Written by643936 April 7, 2019