All member reviews for Unstoppable

Runaway train thriller is more suspenseful than violent.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySafemancam001 April 2, 2011

Great for teens

This movie turned out to be better that I thought it would be. It was very exciting, and funnier than I expected. I liked who it all turned out.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byjkssmom December 3, 2010

A free ticket movie, but not a movie I would recommend to others

So much language I was starting to cringe by mid movie. Walked out. Will wait for the television version.
Written byAnonymous September 21, 2014

Unstoppable review

========================================================= Sex/Nudity: We see a few short clips of a girl wearing a skimpy outfit and dancing in a music video. A quick scene takes place at Hooters. Several couple of girls are seen in short shorts. A man is seen briefly in his briefs. 2/10. ========================================================= Violence: In an attempt to stop the runaway train, a man tries to attach his train onto the speeding train. After the unsuccessful attempt, the train derails and explodes, killing one man. A man attempts to jump on another train, he slips and his foot get stuck. It's implied that his foot is crushed crushed. We later see blood on his boots. There are several very perilous scenes of men trying to stop a train going at an incredibly fast pace. One police car crashes (the car flips over several times) while chasing the runaway train. 5/10. ========================================================= Blood/Gore: We briefly see a man's bloody shoe (it's implied his foot is crushed). 4.5/10. ========================================================= Profanity: At least 1 "f" word (and 2 mouthed ones), 17 "s" words, 1 slang term each for male and female genitals ("d*ck-head" and "p*ssy"), 15 hells, 12 asses (3 used with "hole"), 9 damns, 2 S.O.B.'s, 2 bitches, and 11 uses of "G-damn," 3 of "Oh my God," 2 of "For Christ's sakes" and 1 use each of "Christ," "God," "Jesus Christ," "Oh Jesus" and "Oh Lord" as exclamations. 6/10. ========================================================= Alcohol/Drugs: Some beer is carried on a tray at a restaurant. 1/10. ========================================================= Smoking: None. ========================================================= Unstoppable is a great suspense/thriller movie, I recommend that you watch it. I give it 7/10. =========================================================
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 27, 2013

Fun, breezy time with Denzel and a train

Filled with a lot of notable character actors, "Unstoppable's" two leads bond fairly well for the small screen time given to their development. It's a fairly by the numbers but exciting action flick, and since it was Scott's swan song before his suicide, it's a fine tribute to his action-filled body of work.
Adult Written byJEDI micah May 16, 2013

Forgettable, but still, NICE MOVIE!

This may not be one of the most memorable movies of all time, but it is still a great movie! The acting is good, special effects are descent, and the story is simple: Stop the train! Nice movie.
Kid, 11 years old November 25, 2011

Boring but good

It was sooooooooooooooooooooooo boring. YAWN
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieReviewGuy September 29, 2011

Good for 13+

This is a compelling, suspenseful thriller about a train that goes loose on the tracks and is headed right for a city. It is violent, but not with fighting and guns; the trains kill people, injure people, and just miss others. There is no sex or drinking, but there is language. Milder words like d-mn, h-ll, -ss, etc, as well as insults like idiot, are spread throughout the movie. Other words like a--hole, p---y, and Godd-mn are used. There is also moderately strong language such as sh-t, b-tch, and one use of f-ck in the film. However, it is filled with positive role models and positive messages that are sure to stad out more than the language and intense action violence. Good for 13+
Teen, 13 years old Written byrugbyrules April 26, 2011

Lots of laungage.

It's a good movie. Laungage is unapropiate. Parents should at least watch first. One f bomb can be clearly seen but not heard. iffy or possibly on for 12 good for mature teens that can handle laugnage. P.S kids that are 11 and 12 don't just say it's on for that age because you watched it and you liked it. Think outside the box.
Teen, 14 years old Written byI love the book... April 4, 2011

Good action movie

This movie was really good! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time! However, I rated this iffy for 12 because there was a lot of swearing. Also, Will's foot is pretty bloodied up too.
Adult Written byTio George November 20, 2010

Great Action, Suspense, but language not good at all for children

Great Movie, but language is horrible. If the language were decent, I would not have a problem with the movie.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byJohn C. November 13, 2010

Harsh Language...

Language is pretty harsh in this movie... Otherwise great movie!
Adult Written byMovieMan26 November 13, 2010

Disappointing; it could have been better...

I was really looking forward to this movie; I thought it would be a great suspense thriller filled with destruction and action sequences. What we got was Speed without Keanu Reeves. This repetitive, practically-explosion-less thriller did have great performances by both Washington and Pine, and some of the action scenes were pretty good, especially near the beginning. But, by the end, you'll probably be wondering why Tony Scott "prolonged the execution." The movie goes on way too long, with too many repeating shots of fast-moving trains. There are few actual chase scenes, and the preparations made in every town make an inevitable anitclimactic experience. I'm sorry to sound so negative, but I really thought this movie would be more creative. Be warned: don't get your hopes to high. Parents: There's a surpirsing amount of strong, harsh language in the film, plus there are many perilous (although anticlimactic) scenes. There's one non-graphic death and a few explosions. Bottom Line: Adults may get tired of it, teens may get bored, and kids may get scared. It's just not really worth anyone's time in my opinion. Well, thanks for reading! - Movie Man
Teen, 16 years old Written byMalik1Saad2 July 7, 2015

Really Cool

Teen, 15 years old Written byJflores14 October 30, 2014

High intensity and little plot

Interesting and true story film is great fir teens, but lacks heart and plot. Content: Violence: explosions, car crashes, deaths, car chases, and talk of domestic abuse Sex: a scene in hooters and a brief kiss Language: 1-2 uses if f**k. Over 15 uses of ass and g*ddamn. 2-3 uses if the middle finger. 3-4 uses if b*tch and one of bastard. MY RATING: PG-13// for thematic material, violence, and strong language
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy June 1, 2013

This was a good movie. Kinda forgettable (sorry if I spelt that wrong) though.

This is one of those films with a simple plot. Unstoppable is all about two guys trying to stop a train. This was good. Pretty action packed, and awesome voice-acting.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston May 17, 2013

This is good.

Nice film. It has great, exciting action. I'm a HUGE sucker for action films. This film is a little forgetable though.
Parent of a 12 and 13 year old Written byDonnalyn September 27, 2012

Nonstop action

Very intense. Nonstop action. Strong female lead.
Kid, 11 years old July 7, 2012

Incredible!

Best thriller ever, but there is foul launguege and a refrence to hooters, not much in violence only an explosion, one death, and tradgedy in the balence the whole movie. This is a movie based on maturity and what your kid can handle. Great Movie
Adult Written byJ0SH24 March 30, 2012

Good Review

Bad language. And very violent.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 March 25, 2012

thomas the tank engine goes boom!

this suspensful action thriller is one of the most frightening movies i have seen. action includes blasts, guns, destruction, and constant peril.