All member reviews for Unstoppable

Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 23, 2011

What F Bomb?

An F Bomb is said in this movie, but it is so faint, I doubt you'll hear it the first time you see this movie. Although the F bomb is faint, they overuse cussing in this movie. The violence wasn't really bad except for the image where Tony Scott is smashed into a train window and his injured body is getting pulled up by the helicopter line, where his body looks like (at first glance) dead and dangling. (Is not dead but disturbing.) Other than that, the violence wasn't terrible.
Kid, 11 years old April 16, 2011

MUST-SEE!!!!!

This movie was one of the best I've ever seen in my entire life!! I would highly recommend it and it is definitely must-see! However, it is very intense and scary at parts. Some people die and it maybe too scary for kids under 9 or 10. It really depends on the child. It does swear frequently. It's up to the parent! Good luck!
Kid, 12 years old April 10, 2011

the perfect family movie not scary but acction packed

i LOVE this movie!!! i just got it on dvd both me and my perents loved it!!! not too violent and only 1 scene with a little bit of blood
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 10, 2011

i hate this movie, don't spend your money and life on this movie

The good stuff * Messages: Will and Frank's efforts demonstrate teamwork and collaboration -- they must trust each other, even though at first they aren't very friendly. The movie also makes it clear that just because workers get old, that doesn't mean they're obsolete. Viewers will also see that what's best for the common good can be at odds with what's best for a particular company's business interests -- and the movie makes it clear that the right thing to do isn't always the easiest or most profitable. * Role models: Frank is smart, experienced, and confident in his skills. Connie, who seems to be the sole woman at a train yard full of men, is effective in her leadership position. Will puts the needs of his hometown above his own fear. Will and Frank learn to trust each other and work well together. What to watch out for * Violence: A character dies in a train explosion, and throughout the film there's a pervasive dread that a group of kids on a field trip -- or the protagonists, or even an entire town -- will get killed/destroyed because of the runaway train. There are several stressful, intense scenes. * Sex: Frank's daughters, who work at Hooters, are shown sporting very short shorts and tank tops. Connie gives Frank a congratulatory kiss. Will and his wife kiss and embrace. * Language: Language includes words like "s--t," "bi-ch," "ass," "a--hole," "p---y," "h--l," "d--n," "oh my God," "godd--n," and one use of "f--k," plus insults like "idiot," "stupid," and the like. * Consumerism: Prominent appearances by Ford trucks. Supporting characters work at Hooters. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: A character is shown smoking cigarettes; waitresses serve drinks, but no one really really drinks in the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byShadowWolf March 25, 2011

Good for tweens and up.

When i first started this movie, I excpected to see an over the top, over exaggerated "thriller." Instead, i got a fun, action packed movie about two guys, and some trains. The only unfortunant thing is I have more complaints that good comments. The first thing is, you have to know about trains. They used "train person speak" when refering to the train issues/what to do with the trains, and i just couldnt grasp why it was so important that the volt switch was on the wrong side of the turntable, and why air brakes conflict with the something or other. I didnt understand about any of that. The other thing is, the camera was very shaky. I was asking myself, did the camera man have an extra large mocha shake before starting the camera, because it was moving all over place throughout the entire movie. Very distracting and frustrating. Some of the visions of his foot at one point get pretty nasty, but other than that the "gore content" is pretty low. Violence is also low, but the end is very predictable. Rent it, dont buy it.
Kid, 11 years old March 19, 2011

five thumbs up :)

This was a really good movie but it had a lot of suspense and language. The storyline is really interesting I've never seen a movie like it before. You should see this movie!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviefan22 March 15, 2011

Unstoppable!!

Pretty good movie; some flaws. There is vioence but no fights, most of it is thrill, not action. You'll find yourself rooting for them the whole way. Language is frequent, lots of it. Kids under 10 Will Get Bored. Trust me. Overall, see it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 6, 2011

this movie is so good!!!!
Kid, 12 years old March 4, 2011

I watched this movie with my parents and i luved it!! It was so suspensfull a little language but thats it. The messages were good too! I would really recomend it for familys but not little kids cuz a guy does die and a train of kids almost die and a guys foot get pretty gross.
Teen, 15 years old Written bypeace.luv.az February 27, 2011

Best I've seen in a long time!

This is the best movie I've seen in a long time! I was extremely pleased and it kept my eyes on the screen the whole time. It also scared me to death though and it's hard to believe it's based on a true story. The actors did an amazing job and the suspense of seemingly awaited death keeps you on the edge of your seat. There is, however, a LOT of language. I highly recommend this movie for more mature teens and adults.
Kid, 11 years old February 27, 2011

A WONDERFUL MOVIE

wonderful storyline. Some good and bad role models. There is quite a bit of swearing and violince. It is still a great movie please take your kids to see it!
Teen, 14 years old Written byTotally500 February 27, 2011

Unstoppable a must see for train lovers

This is a funny and great film that everyone should see. It will leave you breathless
Teen, 16 years old Written bymongofa February 15, 2011

better than i thought

I liked this movie better than I thought. I expected it to be an over-the-top action movie with rediculous un-needed things added but it was suspenseful without a lot of violence. There were some silly parts but less than I thought.
Kid, 12 years old January 30, 2011

unstopppppppppabbbbbbbllllle

Very scary in some scenes. At the end, the characters move along the train to reach the cabin. In that part, the main character falls off and is seen hanging from the railing. He then gets injured but still stops the train. There are lots of explosions. In 1 scene, 2 drivers make an obscene gesture.
Kid, 10 years old January 22, 2011

I HAVE BEEN COUNTING DOWN

I HAVE BEEN COUNTING DOWN SINCE THE FIRST PREVIEW I EVER SAW OF THIS MOVIE CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE A CHANCE TO SEE IT! Me and my Friend saw the commercial for the first time, looked at eachother, and said COOL! Based on what common sense says, it looks OK, Just like my fav movie, 2012
Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2011

the bad words in this movie are p---y,f--k,s--t,h-ll,b---h,d--n,and a--hole.
Teen, 14 years old Written byzc97 January 18, 2011

Great movie!

This is one of the best movies I've ever seen. Surprisingly there isn't much violence, except for one explosion that ends up killing a man (not shown.) The language is barely noticeable, even though it's there. But you're too caught up in the suspense and what's going to happen next.
Teen, 15 years old Written byredsox1 December 16, 2010

I can't wait to see this movie Unstoppable the preview seems awesome. the reason I want to see this movie because I like seeing Denzel Washington perform in movies also I heard other people say it's good so I can't wait to watch it
Teen, 14 years old Written byMarioMii November 28, 2010

Frank is a pretty smart guy, but some characters used bad words. There were a couple train explosions which can kill people.
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2010

awesome

great movie too many swears.