All member reviews for Up in the Air

Teen, 14 years old Written byMaWalker66 April 22, 2014

Decent Movie, A little disapointing

maturity: Violence: Absolutely none, only talks of it (PG) Sex: Sexual talk, implied sex, and brief nudity(butt) (Barely R) Swearing: Not too bad about 25 F Words(R) Quality Acting: Great, all those award nominations were well deserved Interesting: No, it can get boring at times Overall: Good, but not great I thought this would be the best George Clooney movie(so far I haven't love any of his movies, my favorite is the descendants and I want to see ocean's eleven) nut it was pretty disappointing. It is not that mature(12 and up)
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 January 10, 2014

Mature dramedy with relevant themes

I was worried the first 10 minutes that "UITA" would be a bit of a snoozer, but the action really kicked in when Anna Kendrick's character came in, a symbol of coming change for Clooney's Bingham, so set in his flight-bound ways of avoiding his family, and his adopted attitude of never wanting to be anchored down. The film never peaked, it just kept getting better and better, and as a hopeful writer the script is inspirational, hitting at all the right times of messages of moving on, relationships, change, without hitting you over the head with it. Kendrick really held her own against Clooney in their quid pro quo sessions of ushering in new methods to firing folks, and naturally Clooney was superb as someone who mirrors his own lifestyle.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjm97 November 25, 2012

Up in the Air

This was an outstanding film! This is a great departure from Twilight for Anna Kendrick, who really shined, and Clooney and Fermiga were amazing as well! Go see it!
Teen, 15 years old Written byevolinag February 5, 2012

Strong language in overall well done independent drama

"Up in the Air" is a thoughtful drama about a man who seems to be in control of his life, but turns out to be a lonesome man who may have no trouble, but never felt love, or friendship. George Clooney is great as Ryan Bringham, and also the whole script makes this movie great to watch for every fan of clever independent movies. The movie has some emotional moments, but - judging through my time as a kid - most children will not see movies as sad as adults. The movie is rated R, but only for language. There are mild sexual references, but there are worse sexual references in PG-movies. If you don't mind profanity, you can let younger teenagers and older children watch this. No violence is depicted (SPOILER: a suicide is a thematic element, but it is not shown, END OF SPOILER). We see a couple nude after implyingly having sex, but only from behind or under the blanket. A few mild comments are made, children will not get this. Teens and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymasonlackey January 15, 2011

relateable to may people

awesome movie got to see it
Kid, 12 years old August 28, 2010

pretty good
Teen, 15 years old Written bymardoggie2013 June 18, 2010

Wonderful movie.

Extremely relevant. Well done.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymongofa June 5, 2010

Teens and Adults

It was very good! It had great acting and a good plot!
Kid, 12 years old May 22, 2010

Don't get the idea it's a comedy

Good movie with complex plot and great characters. You can discuss it for hours. The problem is that the main character's job is firing people and the people's reactions are very sad. Many curse and yell but quite a few cry (including a grown man) and show pictures of their families and how they can't afford anything anymore. One even calmly states she's going to jump off a bridge and carries through with it later in the film. There are up points and down points but the ending isn't completely happy. The relationships are dishonest and there is tons of sexual innuendo. ***hole, f--k, and s--t are the main bad words said but there are also littler ones said. We see a female's butt and see 2 people in bed (and a handful of people in the background making out) but don't see them doing it... we come afterward. American Airlines, Hertz, and Hilton are popular names in the movie
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr581 May 16, 2010

George clooney, Vera farmiga, and Anna Kendrick Shine
Kid, 11 years old April 12, 2010

ok

Ok movie. Some funny parts.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegoer13 March 26, 2010

Not worth the hype, but a very great film nonetheless

Up in the air, to me, is a great film. It sends an informative message, ties it around with the economy, and shows how our perspectives on life, affect our personality. I believe that the film doesn't follow the hype, but it is still a great film nonetheless. The performances and story are strong, which are the films' best suits.
Teen, 14 years old Written bym1 February 13, 2010

Deserves Best Picture, but Won't Get It :(

This is probably the best film I've seen all year. It is a bit stretched out, but the acting and script are fantastic and fun. The iffy 16+ rating given is for the complex story and themes and for the ending. Personally, I didn't find it to be too profane and sexual for it to be off limit to some middle schoolers. The only scene which might require a fast-forward would be when the two lovers are laying next to each other post-sex. However, it is a marvelous film and I think people will be talking about it for quite some time.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrando804 January 3, 2010

An excelent film with values, humor, and a decent story for hard times

I just saw this film, and i have to say, I was impressed. I'm not normally into the "indies" so-called, but this film was different. Up In the Air is different. It has a good story about hard times, humor, and lots of heart. The film did not deserve its R-Rating. Anyone over the age of 10 who goes to school hears this kind of language every day. And lets face it, when your pre-pubescent 12-year-old says their going to their friend's house for a sleepover, their going to rent movies like 'The Hangover', and 'Saw'. So trust me, by age 10 kids have been exposed to the worst of it. (and also, part of this was filmed in St. Louis, where I live. So that was somewhat exciting to see.)