All member reviews for Upside Down

Sci-fi romance has great visuals but poor storytelling.

Teen, 17 years old Written byRachelWood March 22, 2013

Stunningly Gorgeous, CRAP storytelling

The visuals are stunning. You walk out of this movie and literally feel like your phone could fall up (I am seriously not kidding about that, it's almost nauseating). Getting used to the gravity difference is also a great mind boggle. And just the skies and landscapes and the colorful atmospheres are just beautifully expressed visually. But warn you the story is crap and awful and could definitely use a HUGE do over. Half of it didn't make sense, the other half was corny and stupid. I'd give the story telling zero stars if I could. However the only reason I'd still say go see this is for the visuals. And that moment when you stand up afterwards and feel like all your popcorn should be falling to the ceiling.
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written bySavvy5753 July 19, 2013

Get it from the library

The film was disappointing and could have been 45 minutes shorter. The characters were shallow and undeveloped, and the plot was thin. The color of the film was annoying too. It had a 3-D quality without being a 3-D film. I'm glad I checked it out from the library and didn't see it in the theater.