All member reviews for V for Vendetta

Kid, 9 years old May 15, 2011

Blasphemy!

You have to be kidding me, TWO STARS! This is blasphemy that they rated it that, language:Mild, Sex:There is a scene about a pedo bishop Violence:There is a lot like the review says but not a lot of blood, should be fine for younger viewers Messages:Bull, he stopped a torturing, oppressive government who were brainwahsing there freaking' citizens, now you telling me stopping them means he was a FREAKING' TERRORIST YOU LIBERALS!
Teen, 14 years old Written byWolfySadamara April 9, 2008

Fascinating

V for Vendetta is fairly violent, mature, with a good, but slow storyline. Overall an extremely good movie, highly recommended. Dont take kids without some background knowledge on politics or under the age of 12.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDapplez April 18, 2010

Epic movie, some iffy scenes, total thriller! :D

Honestly, I'm open minded and I actually watched the film with my friend when I was only ten. I loved it and still do; I rewatched it again today. The plotline is definitely different. There are moments of blood flying and severe violence but it isn't heads-falling-off. The final scene is the most gorey so if your a bit touchy about those types of things, you might want to fast forward over it. The messages were truthful and both good and bad. It depends how narrow or open minded you are, how faithful to your leaders and your overall tastes to decide what is a good and what is a bad message. While V is considered the protagonist, he has a dark, malevolent and vengeful aura around him. I still trying to decide whether he's as good as he says he is. The scenarios are most definitely realistic but the blood's not /too/ realistic. There are several iffy scenes that I'd watch out for; not gonna spoil anything for you though. Many instances of swearing like f**k, s**t and less vulgar words (like "bloody hell). Overall, 4.5/5. Watch with mature kids that can take serious matters (usually around the age of 12/13+). :)
Teen, 17 years old Written bycopperzinc April 6, 2009

Teen, 15 years old Written byevolinag November 12, 2011

Excellent political thriller is very violent, emotional and not for younger kids.

You need to know that "V for Vendetta" is no average comic book adaption like Superman or Batman, it is a complex story of a freedom fighter, who fights against the corrupt and abusive government and a girl who respects the idea but doubts that his methods are right. The movie's idea is to make you think. What would you do if your rights were taken away? If being different was depicted bad everywhere? Would you act just like V does in this movie? The use of music is just perfect in this movie. The flashback scene in the middle of the movie and the plot twist following prove true directing skills. Natalie Portman gives a great performance as Evey, she acts even better than in "Black Swan", a movie where she won an Oscar with. The story of V is depicted like a puzzle. In the whole movie we see bits and pieces of his past, during events that happen at the time the movie is set. The movie is magnificent and an absolute recommendment! It is very violent, however. There is a scene towards the end where V cuts several people with a knife (in a Matrix-like fashion) and some blood spurts, but it is CGI. The movie is violent in terms of a torturing scene, (SPOILER:) a very VERY sad flashback of a girl being jailed just because she is homosexual, (END OF SPOILER) and the movie has similarities to WW2. People who are different and "mess with the flow" disappear. The messages of the movie are mixed. Know for yourself if they are good or bad. The movie is hardly suitable for children under the age of 15, for its strong emotional scenes.
Kid, 12 years old March 22, 2011

Great Movie For Adults Or Mature Teens

I am a quite mature 12 year old and, though this movie had many complex themes, I loved it. The violence is most of the reason why the movie is R. Most of the violence was very comic bookish and unrealistic though still very violent. There is shooting and knifing. Blood flies through the air and sometimes splatters on walls. The language is the second reason why this movie was rated R. The F word is used a few times (maybe 3 or 4 times I didn't count) and Sh-t is used too. The worst use of language is when a corrupted archbishop has arranged to have sex with an underage girl, but when he figures out she is just pretending to be you and is actually trying to escape, he yells "You b--ch. You f---ing b--ch." Many mature topics are discussed in this movie such as dystopian society and corrupt leaders. The movie may make more sense or may be more enjoyable if you have read dystopian novels such as Brave New World, 1984, Fahrenheit 451or even young adult novels like The Hunger Games. I loved this movie even though it was violent, and I would recommend to anybody who is a fan of the books mentioned before or to just a movie fanatic. But remember, If you are a parent trying to find out if this movie is appropriate for your kids, decide for yourself. Age ratings are not always accurate.
Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 July 29, 2010

One of my favorite movies, but recommended for 16+.

My main concern with this movie is the scene where a kid got graphically shot. That scene almost made me cry. The rest of it is dark/intense, and at times disturbing, but because of that scene (and some other content, such as a failed rape attempt (not explicit)), I rate this movie iffy for ages 16-17. There was also some strong language, and a priest attempted to have sex with the female main character who was dressed to look younger.
Teen, 15 years old Written byQuaily June 16, 2010

A really interesting movie!

This movie is an interesting view on facism. If your child is politically aware and has strong opinions, then this movie would be right for them. however if your child is less mature than that I suggest waiting until at least age 16 before letting them watch it. It's rather bloody but the message is an interesting protest against the Bush Regime. Overall a very good movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMissBlackShadow March 10, 2010

Older teens only.

Well. I'm not really sure about which age this would be appropiate for. I personally loved it, but in films I tend to ignore special effects and gore in films and focus more on the storyline and the characters, unlike most people my age. Some parts are violent, and the vast majority of younger people would just think V is "cool" for blowing up buildings, regardless of what his reason is. I thinkk it would be more suited to older teenagers, who would understand the message behind it and not just be caught up in the violence and language. There's a beautiful message behind this film, and throughout it you really grow to care about V. Or at least I did...
Teen, 15 years old Written byastist7 May 10, 2009

Absolutely Fantastic!

All the people I know that don't like this movie said that they didn't like it because they didn't get it. My advice is to turn on the subtitles in the movie because information comes at you very quickly and if you miss anything, the experience will be ruined. If you do understand it fully, however, you'll enjoy an emotion-filled tale of a people's rebellion over a dictatorship all led by two incredible characters.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysmeagolmaster December 20, 2008

If you gave the Phantom of the Opera six swords and 007-style fighting moves, and put him into George Orwell's 1984, you might get something like this movie. It's 2020,and the English government has taken total control. No one dares to do anything except for V, a masked man tortured by the government. On Guy Fawkes Night he plans to change England, but this goes awry when he rescues Evey Hammond, who he then adopts. I really liked this movie. It isn't appropriate for everyone, but Commonsense does exaggerate. The message is not, as Commonsense puts it, to extol terrorism. When the government goes as far as this, it is better for the people to attempt to change it than for them to be tortured and executed for holding a copy of the Koran. It is violent,however. V cuts a couple of throats, several people are shot, the government clubs people and takes them to torture camps, and the bodies of several people are found. There isn’t too much sex – some kissing, and Evey is nearly raped twice, rescued both times by V. I highly recommend this movie, but parents should watch it either with or before their kids do.
Teen, 17 years old Written byItchyBarracuda April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Disappointing

V for Vendetta starts out very interesting, but fades away in the middle and becomes fairly dull. Just an okay movie, somewhat disappointing.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydouble E April 9, 2008

An incredible movie!!!

V for Vendetta was incredible. Everything about it was perfect. At the end of the movie (I'm not going to tell you what happens), I got this feeling in my stomach. It was a feeling of complete bewilderment mixed with awe and the feeling that you're watching something you haven't seen in a long time. I haven't felt it watching a movie in a long time, I'll tell you that. The violence is iffy, but its not too graphic. A few slices and sprays of blood won't hurt anyone. I would say 13+ would be good. I loved this movie, everything about it!!!
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

uh...

Some extremely disturbing images and extremely violent, and sex not so bad but still only for 18+!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byyayne April 9, 2008

its pretty cool

alright, the only reason why i really saw it in the first place was because its main date is November the 5th and i was born on that date, but there are reasons why people should and should not watch it. V is a very memorable character with a interesting personality and philosophy. he is a lovable and eccentric person that loves the arts and is an excellent fighter. buts hes a terrorist and blows up two buildings (don't let the pretty fireworks fool you) and murders countless people in graphic and none graphic ways. but he claims he is saving the country from their government and trying to bring peace to future england. so there is lots of blood, and i say LOTS of it. it shows a mass grave with the corpses of people who were experimented on in a lab for some biological weapon. and it features a child being shot and killed for wearing a guy fawks mask. to add onto the violence, at the end v breaks a mans neck with his own hands right on camera. so i say preteens should not see it from what i listed above and because of the scene when evey is almost molested by a bishop wile being dressed as a little girl. but when people are teenagers and going to see a movie like this, it all depends on what they were told by their parents. if you are a parent reading this and you have a teenager who wants to see this, watch it with them.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPotterhead July 5, 2011

Great movie

An amazing movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydvdemille March 18, 2011

Great movie with awesome acting on freedom and justice. very mild for rated r movies. if the very few f words were blocked out then im very sure it would recieve a pg13 rating.
Teen, 17 years old Written byoctober1985 July 24, 2009

Teen, 17 years old Written byNaota172 April 9, 2008

The thing is...

This was a beutiful movie celebrating the right of the people to control their government. The symbolism is incredible, there are literaly HUNDREDS of symbols and metaphors in this movie and it is very deep. The movie is very good, but kids under 15 may lose the meaning and just see lots of explosions, and not get the message. (republicans this movie is a direct attack on the bush administration, so you guys might not like it, although I know a republican who enjoyed it nonetheless)