All member reviews for Valiant

This animated WWII story may not engage all kids.

Adult Written byNicholasVA April 9, 2008
Adult Written byJillsmom April 9, 2008

No thanks!

I don't appreciate war propaganda aimed at preschoolers.
Adult Written bycutypa2ty April 9, 2008

not that great

A little over the heads of most children. It is basically a WWII film in animation. The information at the end of the film about how animals aided in the war was interesting, but in my opinion a true documentary would've done their memory better service than this piece. Lots of scary stuff for the little ones, so I would save it for the older kids.
Parent Written byrbt1 October 12, 2012

My sensitive boy enjoyed this movie

My 5 year old loved this. Some of the humor may have gone over his head but he loved he story of Valient and was not frightened by the evil falcons. He can be sensitive to scary movies but this one he was not frightened and enjoyed the simple story of heroics.
Kid, 11 years old June 15, 2011

A little scary but good for kids

Well it was funny. I saw this movie when I was in kindergarden and I still remember it. I used to be afraid of The falcons When I was little which may frighten other small kids. Lots of talk about death and the probability of dying in battle. One character appears to die, and characters are in peril for most of the movie. Explosions and gunfire during battle, fighting, birds held hostage in cages, and dead stuffed pigeons are shown. Sorry I copied that down from the violence and scariness section but its a good movie eh. A very good movie for kids
Kid, 11 years old April 11, 2011

Pretty bad movie

I thought this movie was pretty strange so I gave it only 2 stars because I thought it was pretty bad and they used "butt" in one part but some good messages about teamwork and the pigeons are good role models but the bad guy pigeons are bad role models.
Kid, 8 years old January 29, 2011

I'd give this movie a great rate and for 7+ year old kids but tweens might get bored during the movie

I love the movie, what i can say about the movie is that there are some stuff that the parents might not like for the children to see. there are some explosive parts, one of the pigeons couldn't get out of the plane when it exploded, his partners Valiant,Bugsy,etc. thought he was dead. Later in the movie he comes back coverd in a little bit of soot and a black eye and barely injurd but a little bit injurd. Valiant gets injurd and has bandages rapped around his nose. Another pigeon is captured by the falcons and gets a shot and becomes crazy. There is a mouse that is good at sabotage and little kids might think that part is confusing and might get scared and perplexed. By, Aaron Fig, age 8.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRodeo-Girl November 19, 2010

Great Movie!

[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*] No Concerns at all.
Kid, 12 years old July 4, 2010

Valiant Losers

This was an ok movie but I just didn't care about the characters enough. So what if falcons are attacking pigeons? It doesn't really interest me. You might want to try this movie, but it just wasn't interesting to me.
Kid, 11 years old July 1, 2009
Adult Written byheatherdono April 9, 2008

Not a great movie for children

My 5-year old had a hard time understanding why the pigeons were in the war--this brought up lots of other issues, like who was the shooting guns at the airplanes? Who were the Bad Guys? Why were they so angry? Not a great movie for young children, overall. Save your money and stay home.
Adult Written bygeedaddy in sacto April 9, 2008

It's a WWII film spoof lost on kids

It's quite alright. But only if you've already seen a dozen black and white WWII films, preferrably stiff English ones. Otherwise, there isn't enough there for the kids. Mine I think were bored (though the always express gratitude for going to a real movie). It's a spoof really, but parody only works if you know what's being goofed on.

NOT WORTH SPENDING $35 TO GO SEE

This movie was NOT (I repeat: NOT) worth seeing in theaters. It was boring, unrealistic, senseless, a snOre. If you are about 6and younger, you MIGHT (probably not) waste your time renting it. My basic point: Don't waste your time and $ seeing this Snoozer.
Adult Written byJaywisc April 9, 2008
Adult Written bycandaceandjadesmom09 April 9, 2008

appropriate but, boring to my child

I took my daughter to see this and she got bored. She was able to watch the whole movie but, she asked when it was over, barely halfway through the movie! I thought it was pretty appropriate and entertaining to me. At the end of the movie, my daughter said " I don't want to buy that movie." ( I wanted it! =) )
Adult Written bybogger April 9, 2008
Adult Written bybethlthomson April 9, 2008

i laughed

My son & daughter loved it.