All teen and kid member reviews for Valkyrie

Teen, 13 years old Written byYeah. February 27, 2011

Check out my page for other great recommendations.

I'm not here to give a review because if it shows up on my page its a 5 star movie and so therefore you know what i think about it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTotally500 August 23, 2012

AMAZING!

no words to say AMAZING!
Teen, 14 years old Written byecto1010 August 22, 2012

great for kids

great movie 1 f bomb nothing much more and it is easy to miss.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. April 21, 2012

Very boringand dull.

Kid, 6 years old March 19, 2012

Valkyrie: Good or Bad?

This movie was disappointing. Tom Cruise is one of may favorite actors, but I was disappointed with this movie. There was not as much action as I thought there would be and there was not enough good description of what was happening. I would not recommend this movie unless you are really into WWII.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeagles4ever December 14, 2010

A great historic film about one of many plots to kill Hitlor. Too much violence though. Might be for older kids since younger kids might not have studied World War II and Hitlor.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAwalkeratCSM December 11, 2010

History and violence lesson for the older child

Personally, I like anything that deals with WWII. And this is on my list of most favorite movies set in the WWII years. This is perfect for anyone who likes a movie based on historical fact mixed with suspense and a terrific plot with diving depth, which, as CSM suggested, can open up a lot of good discussions. There are things to watch out for, though. The violence is very realistic, as is the plot, and the effect will vary from kid to kid. The language isn't frequent but the sort you often find, sadly, in movies these days. Some of the messages could be misinterpreted by younger kids and would be good for them when they are old enough to decipher right from wrong and good guy from bad guy. Same goes for role models. Overall, this was an admirably done movie. For any history loving kids, hopefully there still are, and for those who savor the realism, this is your match. I never really comprehended, before seeing this movie, that people in Germany did try to assassinate Hitler and bring an end to his ruthless Reich. Which also brings to mind this is a good history lesson. I can also say that this might give teens and young viewers and different and clearer view of injustice, violence, and doing what is right. Merry Good Discussions to you!
Kid, 7 years old July 10, 2010
Kid, 9 years old July 9, 2010
Teen, 14 years old Written byOldBob13 April 17, 2010

Gripping and tense, but an f-word and a jarring conclusion make it teens and up only

As you probably know already, Adolf Hitler was an evil and despicable man who killed millions to get power. What you may not know is that some of his soliders (nazis) tried to kill him during his awful reign. There plan was to blow him up at a buisness meeting, but they failed and were executed. There gripping story is told in this movie, Valkyrie. After seeing previews for it, I immediatley knew I wanted to see it. After I did, I camed up with this conclusion: It was a jarring and tense look at WWII heroes, but it was not for kids. Valkyrie contains a shocking use of the f-word, some bullet-ridden bodies, and mature elements. While this is a great film, I recommend it mainly to teens who can take a bad ending, and adults who are into WWII. Like I said, Valkyrie is an excellent film with good characters and a spellbinding plot, it's just not for kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykphoenix128 January 24, 2010

GREAT True Story!

Ok, obviously-this is a war movie. So there's going to be some violence. But it's not that bad. and by bad, I mean not very graphic. At the end (sorry to spoil it) there is a shooting (execution) of the ones who stood up against Hitler, but it's not very gruesome at all. Basically, it's a great, TRUE story-and it was very well done. And coming from me, that is quite a compliment. It puts you on the edge of your seat, and you're not going to want to pause the movie once you start it. I know I didn't!
Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty0 September 15, 2009

Excellent Film

Except for some violence and one use of f---ing this powerful film is pretty clean.
Kid, 10 years old September 5, 2009

On for 10+, Iffy for 8+

I loved this movie. No one under ten should see it, although this is no real violence, only at the beginning and end of the movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymattthemovieman August 23, 2009

wha...

i didnt get it... i just dont see why this is all that good
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr581 July 27, 2009

Kid, 11 years old June 27, 2009

CSM is wrong

Again CSM reviews are just wrong. I mean theres not that much violence till the end and theres not much blood.
Kid, 12 years old June 7, 2009

Great Movie. Not that violent.

Not as violent as said to be. Only 3 or 4 swears. Can't critize excessive smoking, because back then smoking was a part of daily lives. On a scale on Valkyries historical accuracy: 9/10.
Kid, 12 years old April 29, 2009

Heroic War Epic with great message

One thing I might be conserned about is that little kids might be confoused on a man disobaying his country.
Kid, 12 years old April 5, 2009

War movie with little violence.

What is commonsense talking about?There is Hardley any violence at all.1 Non Bloody bombing at begining and non bloody exicution at end.Shows heroism.
Teen, 17 years old Written bycopperzinc March 30, 2009