This is one vampire movie with bite.

Kid, 10 years old July 25, 2010
so so movie with lots of violence
Kid, 7 years old July 9, 2010
Parent Written byPlague December 14, 2009

Van Helsing

Great movie, with great actors. Intense battle sequences, and very little blood. Plus Kate is super hott in this movie, so all the better.
Kid, 11 years old November 13, 2009

great for tweens and up but little kids is prob a not good idea

I've seen the movie quite a few time and sure it's strange but most sexual things for younger children in this movie will slide by but older will proabaly catch on,language is pretty mild,and the violence is bacily supernatural fighting it is of course a movie with vampires and werewolves.
Kid, 11 years old October 5, 2009

A good movie. But if young ones are afraid of vampires and werewolfes this is not a movie for them.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLadyFlameSinger June 23, 2009

Not for everyone, but not bad

The combination of the Frankenstein monster, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Dracula, and the Wolfman was interesting, to say the least. For such an in-your-face, "oh-look-something-else-just-popped-out-and-scared-my-socks-off" movie, I thought they did a pretty good job. Hugh Jackman was wonderful as the title character, though I think that Kate Beckinsale overdid her Transylvanian accent just a tad. And honestly, what vampire-killing woman would, in her right mind, wear high-heeled boots? The vampire chicks, while a little freaky, were pretty awesome, though their outfits were defnitely veering towards scandalous. I thought Richard Roxburgh was wonderful as Dracula, and you had to love David Wenham as the bumbling friar with a perfect throw. The ending wasn't perfect, but it was satisfactory in its sadness, somewhat touching, and it did fit. The movie was kind of violent, a little gruesome, but hey, we're dealing with literature's most fearsome monsters, so what can we expect?
Teen, 15 years old Written byThehorrorflic April 9, 2008

Awesomely cool movie

Yea this movie was great! Your favorite monsters are featured and your screen isn't broken -- just the first few minutes are black and white. The movie keeps you interested and puzzled at some parts. I say that any brave 5 year old could see it but I'd recomend it to 10 years+. The only downside is that the ending may not make sense. I do not recall any launguage but it's a great horor/comedy.
Teen, 14 years old Written bystar April 9, 2008

Fun to watch but also a bit stupid.

This movie was eciting to watch but a little stupid and the other stuff was bad.
Adult Written bymovie_mad_dad April 9, 2008

OK comic book

I watched this with my 13 year old, and by the end we both agreed it was kinda like a mildly amusing theme park ride neither of us would wait in line to ride again. It's visually spectactular, with the whole Universal lot of monsters rendered in pretty good CGI splendor. It would have been too scary for my 11 year old--if you have kids who are at all fright-adverse, find another movie. There are plenty of horror-movie type scenes where monsters stalk the protagonists. There's also this underlying semi-erotic theme of the well endowed she-vampires. Check out the recent "Count of Monte Cristo" for a better family adventure.
Adult Written byJoe100 April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

This is a totally and utterly despicable movie- it's a brainless film that will bore you to death! There are so many special effects the movie looks like a cartoon, and the characters are flatter than paper. Please dont see this dreadful movie- you'll thank me later.
Teen, 17 years old Written byjcsoblonde April 9, 2008

a definate NO NO

Don't watch this. Bad for kids, teens, everyone. Not only is it absolutely laughable, and just plain pointless, but its bad, as there are lots of monsters/vampires, etc. Shouldn't have been made.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviegeek April 9, 2008

Exciting and entertaining

Overall, this was a great movie. It was just that some parts were so....serious and with such dramatic music that it was almost funny when it shouldn't have been. It just could have been a but more subtle - it didn't need everything to spell out that it was supposed to be suspenseful. Otherwise, I really liked it.

Mild Stuff

I would not think that the movie was so bad had it not been for parcial naked vampires flying around the place. Dracula was rather scary and sometimes some shock moments would right on appear. But if you aren't strict about movies you should easily let your kids see this. If you are STRICT then I would recommend watching this movie first.
Teen, 17 years old Written byklow April 9, 2008

pretty good till the end of the movie

Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

Very fun movie

If you're kids are going to watch it, you should know this movie is almost non-stop action, teens will absolutely love it. Adults might not like it as much due to it's relative lack of plot. But it's a very fun movie to watch, and it almost even made me cry at the end... though I won't give away why.