All member reviews for Veronica Mars

Charming, bantery thriller is made by and for die-hard fans.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJflores14 March 22, 2014

Lots of potential, but lacks heart and cuss free dialogue

This interesting tv based drama picks up years after the tv show as veronica is starting her new "crime solving" free life. While the mysterious plot is quite thrilling and interesting there was lots of moderate profanity throughout and some sexual sequences. There were MANY USES OF: pr**k, bit*h, hell, damn, piss, crap, sh*t, effing, d**k, and even a single use of f**k off. Clips of an explicit sex tape is shown numerous times for laughs. Also veronica is quite sexually active and she is shown and suggested to be in bed with many men making out and in bed. A man also uses a woman for her "lady parts". Veronica and her father make many off color jokes about male organs(quite rude and shocking). Overall this film was mainly just a comic(while mainly rude) film about love, life, and a woman's true calling to solve crimes.
Teen, 17 years old Written byB-KMastah March 15, 2014

Pleasing for fans and newcomers.

I've never seen a single second of the TV show, so my decision to see this was solely based on the reviews. And thank God I did, because this is actually great. This is very inviting to first-time viewers, seamlessly blending great performances, fun screen chemistry, some self-referential humor, an intriguing (albeit sometimes a bit far-fetched) story, and thrills that are legitimately thrilling thrills. From a movie perspective, it starts off a bit rocky, but it finds its legs quick enough and makes you have fun regardless of your familiarity with the source material. Kristen Bell is such a pleasure to watch: she's funny, charming, and badass, and there are some randomly hilarious cameos. The direction is swift and judging from the shrieking from fans in the theater, this very much kept the spirit of the television series. (This was directed by the creator of the show.) I can now totally see why people love the show with a passion, and I would be totally open to watching it all, and I do hope that they make another movie. 8.1/10, great, above average, one thumb up, etc.
Educator and Parent Written byMovie Review Maven June 1, 2014

Kickstarter success for fans

Veronica Mars fans celebrate KickStarter success Movie Title: Veronica Mars PG-13, 1 hour 48 minutes Grade: B+ In a Nutshell: Who says you can’t go home? Thanks to Kickstarter, fans of the Veronica Mars TV show finally get to watch a new, extended “episode” of their favorite fast-talking teen-detective, all grown up. The first couple of minutes of the movie sum up the entire Veronica Mars series so newbies can try to keep up. It even shows screenshots from the original show that ended 7 years ago. Fans are LOVING the movie. Snarky Veronica (the talented Kristen Bell who no one knew could sing so beautifully until Frozen came out) is soon to graduate from Stanford law school and begin a “grown up lawyering job”, creating a new life after leaving Neptune, California. Veronica’s ex-boyfriend, Logan (Jason Dohring), is now an officer and a gentleman, but in a heap of trouble, drawing Neptune’s “very own Angela Lansbury” back to her home town to help him solve a crime. Upon seeing him in uniform, Veronica tells him “You should only wear this. Ever.” Later he sees her dressed in her old high school attire and says the same to her. Fans will love this movie. Those being introduced to the characters for the first time will catch on quickly and enjoy the “who dunnit.” Uplifting theme: Keep a taser in your purse. (wink) Sometimes we leave to find ourselves, only to realize we were in the right place all along. Things I liked: Kudos to Kristen Bell for being featured in two movies in only a few months. Tina Majorino’s new grown-up do looks good on her. I wish I could spit out clever one-liners as fast as everyone in the movie. Things I didn’t like: That’s pretty convenient that the murder happens around Veronica’s 10 year high school reunion so we can see the old gang again. About attending the event, Veronica moaned “I circled that date in my calendar ten years ago and vowed to skip it.” Interestingly enough, everyone wore black at my ten year reunion too. I think the whole evolution of high school reunions is fascinating. I missed my 5 year reunion and heard that everyone just got drunk and trashed the hotel. At my 10 year reunion, some of the social lines began to blur and everyone was trying to prove to everyone else that they were successful. At my 20th reunion, everyone talked with everyone and began really opening up, sharing their failures and lessons learned in life. At my 25th reunion, it was a big love-fest and celebration of life with everyone hugging and kissing a lot. I hate to admit I’m getting this old, but at my last reunion (30 years), everyone got drunk and trashed the hotel again. Ha ha I knew for certain that I was missing out on some inside fan jokes since I had only seen a few episodes of the original TV series on UPN years ago. Who dates a guy named Piz? Things to look for: Logan’s beach house ON the beach rocks. Movie reference to The Accused in the bar scene on Karaoke night. Perez Hilton web site The Jean Genie clip with James Franco. James Franco is the new Kevin Bacon; we’re all only 6 people away from him. It was fun to see Eden Sher taking a break from her role as Sue Heck, the geeky teenager with braces on the TV sitcom The Middle. In Veronica Mars, she plays James Franco’s assistant Keep watching after the credit rolls for more footage of James Franco trying to put on jeans…but wait, there’s even more at the very end. Funny lines: “New me? People say I’m a marshmallow.” – Veronica When being stopped by the local police, Veronica’s dad explains: “It’s the Neptune way…protecting and serving the highest bidder.” “Wow. Two beers? That’s how long it takes for you to get surely?” - Veronica talking to black friend “Stay out of the brownies, unless you want to go on a long, strange trip.” – Dick The attorney says “A little free advice: murder suspect should avoid proximity to narcotics.” Dick says “Medicine Man, I got my card…chronic depression. You wouldn’t think, huh? Mmmm…I can feel my self worth coming back right now.” The attorney says “Facts are important. Yes, but lucky for us, they’re not the end-all, be all.” Classic attorney, right? “What do you expect? They’re Canadians.” – Logan “It’s a one-time deal. A farewell tour, if you will. Then again, did you ever hear the one about the junkie who was satisfied with just one more taste of the good stuff? Neither have I.” – Veronica “What’s the largest capacity memory stick we own?” asks Veronica. Her dad quips “Aw, you wrote that on my first Father’s Day card. “Deputy Sacks, kudos for rocking the stash til it came back in style” snarks Veronica to a 70’s looking cop in Neptune.” “I really don’t think you should trust her. She seems kind of skeezy.” – Andrea Estella “As it turns out, I am too legit to quit.” - Veronica “I appreciate you keeping it PG-13 for me.” – Logan “Come back to me.” “Always.” - (No spoiler alert) Fans will appreciate this scene in a deeper way than newbies. Tips for parents: Talk & clip of a sex tape, profanity, 1 F-bomb, murder, shootings, inappropriate sex talk.
Teen, 16 years old Written byiPunk March 14, 2014

Hilarity and suspense makes an okay movie

There were a lot of one-liner jokes. Like there was one about Dick at his house when Veronica Mars showed up. He ate a brownie that had a narcotic in it. And he said, "It's for chronic Depression". I advocate for mental health and I (and other people) should know that alcohol and illegal drugs are NOT a good treatment for Depression. In fact, it can actually make it worse. So if you are an advocate for mental health, that joke may offend people. There are some shooting scenes, but I admire how smart and tough Veronica Mars is. Overall the movie was 3 stars.