All teen and kid member reviews for V/H/S

Teen, 14 years old Written bybobster173 October 14, 2012

Decent, but Extremely Off Limits for Kids

The movie itself is not that great, and its completely innapropriate for kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 October 6, 2012

Will do to found footage what Jaws did to water.

Wow.This is some hardcore stuff.I have not seen something as visceral and nightmarish as this in a long while.This year,we have hit the jackpot for horror movies.The Cabin In The Woods gave a wake-up call to all the other deconstruction horror movies that usually fail.Sinister was extremely scary and utilized it's found footage horror very well.And this-this,was just excellent.Paramormal Activity 4 will seem like nothing after this.V/H/S is one bloody,brutal,terrifying,nauseating,gruesome,unflinching and unrelenting ride from start to end.The movie is filmed in such realistic style that it's actually terrifying.Drew McWeeny at Hitfix has said "One of the scariest movies in recent memory." For god's sake,please do not take your child to see this.It should have been rated NC17.This is very brutal and adult content we're watching here.All of the violence is presented on screen.Well,it's a gory year for horror movies anyway.Went to the TIFF Midnight Madness Festival (live near there so it's convenient) and was glad to take a break from gore.The ABCs Of Death was the best one of all,very,very brutal movie,also directed by Adam Wingard.You're next,a Midnight Madness crowd success was also directed by Adam Wingard.Definitely a MM veteran.
Teen, 17 years old Written byindiemovies August 14, 2015

Gory, Moderately Creepy, Entertaining, but not Good

Horror anthologies have the advantage of having more than one chance with their movie, say if one short misses its mark, and another one is amazing. But it's important, I believe, to give some of the stories substance, and the others mindless, gory entertainment. The problem with V/H/S is that all the stories have good plots, but their only intention is to shock with how much gore, sexuality, and language they can fit into it. The first and last stories, both, to me, polar opposites are the best stories of the whole movie. Again this is my opinion. The first one is deliciously gory, but in a way that fits the plot, and the special effects are scary, and extremely good in both. The last story, on the other hand, has almost no blood, yet doesn't fail to scare, with the sickening tone that something isn't right in the main characters' situation. This movie is in no way for kids, and is in no way for anyone under 17. The gore is intense and gross, the language is never-ending and strong, and there are constant sexual references throughout, not to mention graphic instances of female and male genitalia and many shots of women's bare breasts (The main characters outside of the VHS tapes find fun in sneaking up on women and ripping off their shirts). The first story, although it's one of the scariest, is the goriest and most sexual one out of the bunch, and so I say beware the first short to all parents. This movie is entertaining, but most of it's just tired and rambling, and brings nothing new to the table at all.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 June 25, 2015

I feel a bit uneasy.

What did I just watch? Despite the camera movements, it is a pretty decent horror flick.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCWG1 May 19, 2014

Stellar film but may be to graphic for some...

This movie is great but is not for everyone not just because of content, but some people may not like it period. It's not easy to understand and if you don't like that in a movie then this isn't for you, but if you are interested I'll run you through the content... This movie features some bloody violence that isn't as graphic as the original, but is still rather graphic and disturbing. This movie features some strong sexual content that features nudity of breasts, buttocks, and genitals from both sexes and at one point there is a scene of nudity that is distributing and bloody. There is strong language but nothing to graphic. Drug use at two points one in which someone snorts cocaine and drink, and in another people smoke pot. Graphic movie best not for young ones!
Teen, 14 years old Written byHaitham Bayazeed May 19, 2013

HBayazeed Review: V/H/S

V/H/S is the new anthology horror movie which is directed from different points of views, it contains found footage in a found footage, some misfits go to an abandon house to get a unique tape so they found lots of them and they start watching to find out which one is their aim, what they see we see, they are five scary segments each not connected and with separate stories, the movie gets scary as hell the acting is good except for the forest segment it was bad, the visuals are cool, it is very violent and disturbing with scary and spooky imagery with of coarse a dozen of jump-out-of-your seats kind of scares it is really spooky and not for anyone, I think you have an idea now for what it is! ;)