All member reviews for Waking Life

Love-it-or-hate-it film best for older teens.

Teen, 15 years old Written bywho3697cares March 14, 2009

Wih the possible exception of Fantasia, this may be the greatest animated film ever made.
Parent Written bySunteriors October 12, 2012

one violent scene causes weeks of PTSD flashbacks

Since seeing this animated movie several weeks ago I have frequent flashbacks of one scene with 'Jailbird' describing an act of extreme violence. The scene has little relevance to other scenes in the movie, and has zero redeeming value. My life would be better if I had never seen this movie. I would not recommend this movie to anyone, adult, teenager, or child.
Adult Written bywildwes April 9, 2008
Educator and Parent Written byndearden April 29, 2014

Thought-provoking

This film models what it means to be a thoughtful and intellectually engaged human being. The focus of the film is on living consciously and deliberately, and I think it is quite age-appropriate for teenagers.
Teen, 14 years old Written byArcanely May 17, 2015

An existentialist's dream.

Not speaking for myself, I suggest it for adolescents aged 16 and over. It's a complex existentialist film about the supposed difference between dreaming and reality. As an aspiring neuroscientist, I found this to be factual as well. However, there are some scenes which I found to be disturbing for the sake of presentation, though that may be subjective and not worthy of mentioning.