All parent member reviews for WALL-E

Parent of a 5 year old Written byHalHorvath July 24, 2012

More violent than many realize

Fair movie, watchable, but it's popular for its technological gloss, not for a great story. The story is ok, perhaps a B-, so your 4 or 5 yr old would be better served first by something with quality (like Charlotte's Web, Finding Nemo (although that one is frentic and better after age 5), and very high quality movies (only a few) like that recent Japanese one with the little people or some Disney movies). Of course, 4 and 5 yr olds don't especially need feature films. They do fine without them. Ideally, we'd let them play and even use their own imagination to make up something, etc. About the violence: our 5 yr old, who has seen a number of films, was distressed by the angry shooting of one of the main characters, so we had to turn it off, and later resume after the violent part.
Parent Written byJLFM May 8, 2012

Nothing Here That Isn't Perfect

Parent Written byTheFitzs3 April 30, 2012

Wall-mazing!

Wall-E is so amazingly funny! Wall-E and EVE are pretty funny, and so is the cockroach. But I love the people on the Axion and the Axion itself. I love the food in a cup, especially the cupcake in a cup!
Parent of a 5 year old Written bylandres613 March 1, 2012

Watch Wall-E!

I am five years old, and I just saw Wall-E. I think it is a good story because the human characters were very lazy. They always used things that are automatic. They needed to use their hands and feet for more things. When Eve met Wall-E, she was shooting at things because she didn't understand where she was. This movie was also interesting because the pictures are well done. [Mom here: he liked the animation.] This movie is for kids 5 and up. It's isn't too scary even though there are some scary scenes, but I didn't hide.
Parent of a 2, 4, and 7 year old Written bygonzi April 12, 2011

Something for the whole family

I can't believe I've only just seen this movie in 2011! It is a lovely movie, and all 3 of my kids enjoyed it. My 7yo saw it at school as part of an environmental theme they're studying and she has watched it 4 times since! It was a little slow for the 2yo and 4yo but they kept coming back to watch it in between playing. I liked the ending which was a very positive message about renewal after an apocalyptic, polluted future.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byCate123 March 23, 2011

Boring and Dull

While many have praised this film i havent decided to actually watch it untill when i rented it for my 5 yr old . for the two hours of the film their was nothing besides silence and occasional robot shreeks and beeps although we chuckled at a few parts both me and my son grew bored of it after the first half in hour as a result i returned it back not enjoyed or too pleased as for rollmodels Wall-e may be kindhearted but you really can not get to know the story when their is practically no dialogue
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bymarceladns March 7, 2011

Charming

This movie is like Blade Runner for little ones. While this is not your regular kids movie and some will find it boring, in our case my kids were in love. The first 20 minutes have no dialogs but Wall-e is such a outcast that he is entertaining on his own. When he meets Eve the story picks up and gets even funnier. Having Louis Armstrong singing la Vie en Rose added to its sweetness and bringing up the recycling issue makes this movie a great educational moment for older kids.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byKOhaver February 16, 2011

Touching movie, great for both adults and children

My husband and I loved this movie! We watched it with our 3-year-old on a movie channel and enjoyed it enough to buy the DVD. My son, on the other hand, went to playing with his cars after about 20 minutes. I think for his age, it was a little "deep" and did not have enough attention-keeping scenes for a toddler. I would not hesitate to allow a small child to watch it if you are okay with a shooting robot. My son can be easily scared but was not bothered by any scenes in this movie. It is rare to find a movie for our Family Nights that appeal to adults and are appropriate for small children. As always, Disney is the master! I highly recommend this one.
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byjoannab February 12, 2011

I love that the main characters are almost entirely non-verbal. So much non-verbal communication in this movie, great for kids with Autism to learn about emotions. Great message about the Earth, and hopeful, as well.
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written bylinsey-woolsey November 30, 2010

Parent of a 8 year old Written byWeety July 20, 2010

Very sweet story -

A little slow in places.
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written bystuhlly May 22, 2010

Parent Written byUnomaO March 29, 2010

Great for the little ones.

Both my kids (3 and 4) loved this movie and we eventually had to buy the DVD so they could watch it daily for a while. WALL-E is a very positivie movie that really speaks to love, devotion, and sacrifice. I found nothing objectionable.
Educator and Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written bycelinac February 5, 2010

Charming, audacious, and timely. Lighthearted magic and stellar visuals testify once again to Pixar's ingenuity.
Adult Written byKitsune87 December 26, 2009

A Wonderfull little film. Pixar does it again.
Adult Written bysydneyg81 December 22, 2009

perfect for any age

Loved it
Parent Written bycamusa December 21, 2009

Great for kids and adults alike-eco-friendly

Pixar has yet to let me down. Such an amazing track record, it makes one wonder where it will end! I was not a big fan of "Cars," but even that is a really solid movie, better than most. I had really high expectations for WALL-E going in so they had to live up to a huge build-up. Let me start by saying that this was my four year old son's first movie going experience. Were they going to do what they had done before and keep him entertained and intellectually stimulated and me as well? Ok, approximately 30 minutes into the movie and there has been almost no dialogue. There have been subtle intimations and some sophisticated concepts most of which were far beyond my son's level of comprehension at age four, but the nuances were there. There were amazingly well-rendered landscapes and relationships forming even if noted only with clicks, chirps and whirs. Was my babe going to get it? Would he be able to stay focused? Was it enough? He loved it and so did I. He commented on it. It actually made him look that much deeper and draw his own conclusions as to what was going on as there were no words to tell him and it (and he) was brilliant. The movie is an amazing commentary on how we are ravaging our world and bringing ourselves closer to destroying it as well as ourselves. As we slip into a mire of sloth we lose the will to care amidst bright colors and shiny objects like ferrets drawn to a set of keys. The buttons we push bring us everything and we want for nothing save a sense of what is real and true. Yeah, it is a Pixar movie. The kids will love the robots and the comedy and the colors and everything about it, but so will you because this movie really has something to say and does it in a way that would make Stanley Kubrick quite proud. I hope the track record never ends. See this one as soon as you can.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byjulianconz December 12, 2009

Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written byOscarfellini November 27, 2009

Good for 5+. Great Green Message.

My son saw this in the theatre when he was 4 and just watched it again (now almost 6). He loves Wall-E's voice, is always drawing pictures of him and Eve and enjoys the slapstick. The sequence when the ship lands on earth to deposit Eve is tension filled and the oil tanker explosion is pretty cataclysmic but nothing is done just for the sake of it. Great movie to open the discussion about the environment and green living.
Adult Written bygamenerd323 November 12, 2009

An adult movie that's appropiate for kids.

A beutiful movie, it feels like and adult movie that is appropiate for kids.