Alien invasion thriller too scary for young kids.

Parent of a 12 and 18+ year old Written bytbaudler1410 April 19, 2009

asgsf

Very good but not scary or bad
Kid, 11 years old July 3, 2010

perfect for tweens

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytaylorlaunterluver July 6, 2010
very scary scenes many dead ppl throught the movie wudnt recomend for 10 year olds and younger but for tweenes its just fine
Kid, 11 years old November 2, 2013

A Great Movie!!!

This alien-invasion movie, is not for kids who do not like suspense. This movie has a lot of deaths, and is a little scary if you are not mature enough.
Adult Written byAmyjoy610 April 9, 2008

Quite a freaky movie!!!

This movie was pretty freaky, it had me on the edge of my seat most of the time, me and friends all agreed it was pretty scary and violent, definitley dont take kids under 13!!!
Kid, 12 years old July 25, 2014

Amazing!

This movie is a real nail biter. The scenes in this movie may or will scare younger children and the foul language is mild. No sexual references at all, just the killing would freak people out. Overall, this brilliant film is a must-see movie
Adult Written byJEDI micah April 25, 2012

WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!!!

To be honest, this movie thrilled me! There were several moments where I thought the main characters were going to be done for! It's a great alien movie! The aliens and their spacecraft looked cool and the destruction of the buildings were also impressive. But parents, this movie may be too intense for kids age 14 and under. There is one scene where the main human characters are under attack by other humans. More importantly, the aliens may look too frightening. Other than that, this is a great on-the-edge-of-your-seat movie!
Teen, 15 years old Written byminnie95 September 8, 2013

SCARY!

i really liked it becuse dakota fanning was in it one of my fav actresses but my dad only let me watch half of it as it's too scary i was 12 at the time the film is given a 12 but i think it should of got a 15 personally but it's a good film to watch
Kid, 10 years old May 30, 2010
Pretty violent, I saw it when I was 5 or 6 and was fine... I would say 10 and up.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byLTM312 April 10, 2010

War of the Worlds-2005-Skip over the basement scene

"War of the Worlds"-2005 with Tom Cruise as Ray is everything a movie goer would expect in an effects laden, classic story/movie remake in the early 21st century. The aliens are truly inhuman and vicious, the world they attack is modern, the people, "just like us." The theme of this WOW does not deal with British colonial exploitation (the book) or the dangers of Communism (the 1953 version) but instead focuses on a man comming to grips with being an adult once his children's lives are at stake. The movie runs along at a rapid pace, family in-fighting juxtaposed against the horrible carnage the alien invaders inflict on the human race. The one section of the film not suitable for any child, is the "ambulance driver" scene in which Ray must kill another man with a shovel to keep his daughter safe.This from the man that took the guns out of "ET" when it was released in DVD. Other than that, an almost perfect film that really balances action, sci-fi, and horror.
Parent Written byPlague December 17, 2009

War of the Worlds

Great movie! I've owned it for quite some time now ( a few years) and I still watch it every once in a while.
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

Is Steven losing his touch>????

He hasn't made any really good classics for quite some time! Whatever happened to Jaws and Jurassic Park???
Teen, 14 years old Written bydkasal000 January 20, 2015

Good

Good but when they want to get on a boat it is covered up by a noise but you can still hear it he says you mother**kers 3 times. Almost rated r
Adult Written bygamenerd323 February 1, 2010

One of my favorite movies

This movie is great in every way. But it is bloody, there is a part were aliens are harvesting peoples blood, there is literly blood everywhere, on the characters, one the ground, in the air, everywhere! There is also a part were people are varporated, another bloody riot scene, in this scene children are part of the riot! And in that riot scene, there is nothing censored, blood is shown where ever it is called for! There is fair amount of bad language too, like s**t, da** and as*. But the movie is great!
Adult Written byweedthenmulch April 9, 2008

I was riveted by the realistic action.

As an eighth grader in 1970 I recall listening to a long play album of the 1940's era broadcast by Orson Wells. It was a terrific recording and event. It brought the era of radio broadcasts alive for me. As a teenager I read the story and loved the descriptions of the martian machines. This movie was also very exciting. I loved the beginning where they were running through the streets. The humor in Tom Cruise asking his teenage son to pack a cardboard box of food - and then complaining about the contents was a welcome relief from the tension. I would recommend it for adults and children over 12.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMavrah333 June 20, 2015

Grim, realistic sci-fi thriller has its pros but never really picks up.

I enjoyed this film, to a point. While touching and heart pumping, it never really kicks in, and I couldn't care less on who died or not. Its a cliché movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byEnclave February 15, 2013

Timeless Modern Classic

Most remakes do not meet up with the original film. With the newer version of War of the Worlds, Stephen Spielberg brings updated visuals and much more present-day relevant story that all characters seem to fit perfectly well. Tom Cruise like always, plays his role perfectly, nailing every aspect of his personality with convincing and powerful acting. You will watch this film many times and be impressed each time you watch it.
Adult Written byturtle April 9, 2008

Wow. Excellent detail

This was a great movie. So much action and it really deserves an award for sound editing. One of my fav movies, but very intense. Need to be 13 or up. Great story of survival of the fitest.
Teen, 13 years old Written byedelman100 January 16, 2016

Love it! Should be R rated though...

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS MOVIE! I watched this movie when I was 10 and it didn't scare me one bit. This movie is extremely violent as well. Get ready for a long review. Violence: Mass destruction throughout the movie, bodies are thrown, harvested, and killed by the aliens. There is violence among the humans as well, a man forces Ray to give up his car, while a riot of people shout, shoot at each other, and get in fist fights, his daughter screams quite a few times, which may make the audience unsettled, the aliens are quite scary and freaky, Ray and his wife are divorced, much to the kids' dismay, there is also one implied murder off-screen, Ray is holding a pipe then scuffling and groaning is heard, when he walks out, the pipe is dripping blood. Ray and his teenage son fight and argue with each other. The world is covered in reddish-purple vines. Sex: Not and issue. Consumerism: Many brands of stores and cars are shown. Language: Explicit language for a PG-13. Drinking: I do not remember much drinking but I think there is a couple scenes of drinking. This movie should be Rated R. This movie will give young children nightmares for life. I recommend this for adults 17 and up.
Kid, 10 years old May 2, 2015

Good action

Good action, it's got really good special effects but a bit too much blood for me. But that's just me.