All member reviews for War of the Worlds

Alien invasion thriller too scary for young kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytaylorlaunterluver July 6, 2010

very scary scenes many dead ppl throught the movie wudnt recomend for 10 year olds and younger but for tweenes its just fine
Kid, 11 years old July 3, 2010

perfect for tweens

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old May 30, 2010

Pretty violent, I saw it when I was 5 or 6 and was fine... I would say 10 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydrumstick May 17, 2011

awsome movie

this a fantastic movie but can get a little bit scary for kids
Kid, 12 years old April 17, 2010

scary, terrifying, and don't forget awsome!

War Of The Worlds an awsome movie starring Dakota is the best a scariest thriller known man! Buy it now on DVD and Video!
Adult Written bygamenerd323 February 1, 2010

One of my favorite movies

This movie is great in every way. But it is bloody, there is a part were aliens are harvesting peoples blood, there is literly blood everywhere, on the characters, one the ground, in the air, everywhere! There is also a part were people are varporated, another bloody riot scene, in this scene children are part of the riot! And in that riot scene, there is nothing censored, blood is shown where ever it is called for! There is fair amount of bad language too, like s**t, da** and as*. But the movie is great!
Kid, 10 years old January 12, 2010

Extreme violence, selfishness and swearing

Wow. This movie was great!! Very violent but nothin bad.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIooba kitty February 11, 2010

Good movie to watch as a family

A good movie to watch as a family and talk about afterwards. A few slightly disturbing parts. A large needle-like tube stabs a man and sucks up his blood (we see the man thrash slightly) but this scene is mostly off screen. we see space aliens that arent to very scary. We quickly see dead bodies floating down a river. A man kills another man in a ??bathroom?? while the man who is killing the other mans daughter is crying blindfolded. A nice ending. I watched it with my dad and my 10 yr old brother.
Teen, 14 years old Written byscissorluv971 September 17, 2011

Good movie, Scary as heck but good!

I loved this movie because I do like scary stuff. I love Dakota Fanning she's such a good actress! I got so scared after watching this movie when I was 10, my mom told me I was to young but I didnt listen and watched it anyway. I watched it a few times since then and visited the plane crash site at Universal studios hollywood and after that I wasnt so scared after that.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHALO13 June 22, 2011

Martians

its a good movie other than the H.G.Welles book its good and the orson welles broadcast which panicked a nation this is a good movie
Kid, 10 years old July 11, 2010

Too heavy for kids

Good movie but very heavy.
Kid, 10 years old August 15, 2011

Really, Really, Brilliant

GREAT!!!! I love this movie. But it's very, very, violent. Blood sucked out of people, people turned to dust, aliens are shown grabbing people to de-blood them, and still more.
Kid, 12 years old January 10, 2011

Intense Movie

This is definitly to intense for younger kids. But my age should be able to handle it. Fannings character is very sensitive and screams every ten seconds. You see different plant-type things all throughout the movie that looks like veins of a human body. the most intense scene is when you see what the robot thingys actually do to hte humans. They take a jabby thing and plung it into the front torso of the human then suck the blood out. Much like a vampire. It is very intense and will most likely make you scream if you see a big ball of white light. That is pretty much the tripods eye that looks for humans. This is a very intense movie and not for kids. Be careful
Kid, 12 years old June 14, 2010

good for 12-40

Great movie. Scary for -10. Language like s--t c--p d--m.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byLTM312 April 10, 2010

War of the Worlds-2005-Skip over the basement scene

"War of the Worlds"-2005 with Tom Cruise as Ray is everything a movie goer would expect in an effects laden, classic story/movie remake in the early 21st century. The aliens are truly inhuman and vicious, the world they attack is modern, the people, "just like us." The theme of this WOW does not deal with British colonial exploitation (the book) or the dangers of Communism (the 1953 version) but instead focuses on a man comming to grips with being an adult once his children's lives are at stake. The movie runs along at a rapid pace, family in-fighting juxtaposed against the horrible carnage the alien invaders inflict on the human race. The one section of the film not suitable for any child, is the "ambulance driver" scene in which Ray must kill another man with a shovel to keep his daughter safe.This from the man that took the guns out of "ET" when it was released in DVD. Other than that, an almost perfect film that really balances action, sci-fi, and horror.
Parent of a 12 and 18 year old Written bytbaudler1410 April 19, 2009

asgsf

Very good but not scary or bad
Teen, 15 years old Written byCyonnara October 31, 2010

Very scary and terrifying but not really that good

Extremely horrifying and melodramatic. Dakota Fanning does a great job but Tom Cruise falls flat with a lame performance
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuper movie reviewer January 3, 2010

close to being rated R

I love this movie A LOT! The vilonce is 10 times more extreme than the orignal. There were lots of frightening and disturbing images and sci-fi action. but i still love it! but all the vilonce and images bring it awfully close to being rated R.
Parent Written byPlague December 17, 2009

War of the Worlds

Great movie! I've owned it for quite some time now ( a few years) and I still watch it every once in a while.
Teen, 14 years old Written byREDSKINSFAN November 29, 2009