All member reviews for War of the Worlds

Alien invasion thriller too scary for young kids.

Parent of a 12 and 18+ year old Written bytbaudler1410 April 19, 2009

asgsf

Very good but not scary or bad
Teen, 13 years old Written bytaylorlaunterluver July 6, 2010
very scary scenes many dead ppl throught the movie wudnt recomend for 10 year olds and younger but for tweenes its just fine
Kid, 11 years old July 3, 2010

perfect for tweens

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old May 30, 2010
Pretty violent, I saw it when I was 5 or 6 and was fine... I would say 10 and up.
Kid, 11 years old January 9, 2015

evaporating yet small loan

lots of terror and screaming done by a helpless 10 year old girl that kiddies might find scary. i watched this when i was 6 and i loved it though. there is some creepy alien figures and intrigueing war. fine storyline great actors/actresses definitely better than World War Z
Teen, 13 years old Written byJohn Kentucky June 21, 2014

Grat movie, too scary for young kids

I think this is a great movie; it represents very well what humans can do to survive. A little language, the "s word" is repeated a lot of times, and violence is intense. Also, it is very scary, but quite good, though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlueHorse July 22, 2013

Awesome Movie!!

I watched this movie at 12...I LOVED it. My sister, 15 years old was 14 at the time and got a little freaked out at the little girl screaming and crying. (My sister is very compassionate) While this movie is very violent with blood everywhere and millions of deaths, there comes a positive message from Ray, the dad. He does everything in his power to keep his kids safe, including murder a man. He is a little selfish and he and his son don't get along very well, but many of the people are violent and selfish out of fear. After a while, Ray becomes a more loving and worried father, making sure that his little girl is very safe. He expresses his anger a few times by throwing things. He drinks vodka. There is some swearing, but I didn't really notice it. This film is nice because while Ray is the hero to his kids, he doesn't go out, put on an army helmet, and fight the aliens.
Teen, 14 years old Written bythmtrxhsy April 9, 2008

Super Violent

Tons of violence, good special effects, horrible ending. NNOOTT for younger kids.
Kid, 12 years old July 25, 2014

Amazing!

This movie is a real nail biter. The scenes in this movie may or will scare younger children and the foul language is mild. No sexual references at all, just the killing would freak people out. Overall, this brilliant film is a must-see movie
Kid, 11 years old November 2, 2013

A Great Movie!!!

This alien-invasion movie, is not for kids who do not like suspense. This movie has a lot of deaths, and is a little scary if you are not mature enough.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 26, 2009

a terrifying movie but also agreat one

i watched this movie when i was 9 and couldent sleep at all! i was terrified.
Adult Written bybturtle April 9, 2008

I *** my pants more than once!

If you don't like horror films, this is not a movie for you. The plot is good. The tripod spaceships were overwhelming and scary in a sudden sense. The language could have been toned down and was not necessary to the plot. Unneeded wreckless behavior which showed mankind as uncaring which focused upon the "violence" and not the helpfulness of humanity in stressful situations. The suspense was there but they did not surprise you quickly. Instead the fear ended like a slow release of air from a balloon. Suggest parents see the film first before taking students below the age of 15.
Teen, 13 years old Written byedelman100 January 16, 2016

Love it! Should be R rated though...

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS MOVIE! I watched this movie when I was 10 and it didn't scare me one bit. This movie is extremely violent as well. Get ready for a long review. Violence: Mass destruction throughout the movie, bodies are thrown, harvested, and killed by the aliens. There is violence among the humans as well, a man forces Ray to give up his car, while a riot of people shout, shoot at each other, and get in fist fights, his daughter screams quite a few times, which may make the audience unsettled, the aliens are quite scary and freaky, Ray and his wife are divorced, much to the kids' dismay, there is also one implied murder off-screen, Ray is holding a pipe then scuffling and groaning is heard, when he walks out, the pipe is dripping blood. Ray and his teenage son fight and argue with each other. The world is covered in reddish-purple vines. Sex: Not and issue. Consumerism: Many brands of stores and cars are shown. Language: Explicit language for a PG-13. Drinking: I do not remember much drinking but I think there is a couple scenes of drinking. This movie should be Rated R. This movie will give young children nightmares for life. I recommend this for adults 17 and up.
Kid, 12 years old February 17, 2014

Okay for 11+

(As long as they're not scared/disturbed easily)
Adult Written byNinjaGuy788 June 19, 2009

Great movie, WAY TO DISTURBING!

This is a great movie but at times has some R rated stuff. What is it: Bodies are seen floating in a river, a mother of a young boy is vaporized along with many other people, it is implyed that a mother and daughter die and a boy tries to join the army. My rating: PG-13 for Intense and Disturbing scenes of Sci-Fi Violence throughout, lanquage and brief smoking.
Parent of an infant, infant, 3, and 5 year old Written byMississippiQueen January 7, 2009
Adult Written byweedthenmulch April 9, 2008

I was riveted by the realistic action.

As an eighth grader in 1970 I recall listening to a long play album of the 1940's era broadcast by Orson Wells. It was a terrific recording and event. It brought the era of radio broadcasts alive for me. As a teenager I read the story and loved the descriptions of the martian machines. This movie was also very exciting. I loved the beginning where they were running through the streets. The humor in Tom Cruise asking his teenage son to pack a cardboard box of food - and then complaining about the contents was a welcome relief from the tension. I would recommend it for adults and children over 12.
Adult Written byCrazy Chel April 9, 2008

Intense and Incredible

Very realistic view of one man's attempt at saving his family. You never know how anyone else did, but that's not the goal of the story. His family overcame adversity by using their strengths, and weaknesses, to their advantage. Some language and obvious violence make it a definate 13 and up. But the intensity, combined with current national disasters, made me run home and make sure my family is prepared for emergiencies..ie: more than ketchup and peanut butter in the cabinets!
Adult Written byrhapsody722 April 9, 2008

not for kids

this movie was great special effects wise. this movie was terrible storyline wise. There were things that made no sense at all-i would give examples but don't want to upset people. Wait until it's out on dvd-it shouldn't be long.
Adult Written byflorida mom April 9, 2008

Violent and Dumb

This movie had great special effects, Tom Cruise had a great leather jacket. Other than that, the whole thing was just plain dumb. It is way to graphic and scarey for even most young teenagers. Worse than that, there is no discernable story here.