All member reviews for Warm Bodies

Teen, 13 years old Written byRavenmystique February 15, 2015

Surprising, and heart warming romcom delivers

Warm bodies is not what you would expect from a apocalypse themed film. Taking the original zombie and making him better, this movie is about opening up your heart to love, life, and finding yourself again, with a few laughs along the way. This is not in any way a twilight rip off, and I was disappointed when people looked at it in that way. Deeper Romeo and Juliet style flick, is more romcom than zombie flick. Movie will bring teens to tears from laughing at it's dry, ironically realistic humor. The main character is sweet, and the message is deeper thanks to teen films. This movie is more so about coming out of your shell, than eating brains. Mild, and surprisingly tolerable violence isn't to worry about. This is a good movie to go and see with your Tweens, and maybe ask them what are the messages behind warm bodies. There is some kissing, but nothing to sexual. People shoot zombies, and the sweet and harmless main character is shoot by Julie's (another main character's) dad. Language is used mildly throughout, and one character drinks a bottle of beer, and is mentioned stealing peach schnapps. Overall great kid film, and a good first zombie movie. Also don't forget to look for the Romeo and Juliet parodies.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCurmagicwithin January 1, 2015

One of my favorites!

I'm not a fan of zombies, but this movie was amazing!
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew November 4, 2014

Scary but thrilling book based movie is definitely different from the book

My rating:PG-13 for zombie violence and sensuality
Kid, 12 years old October 26, 2014

AMAZING MOVIE!

I think that Warm Bodies is a really good movie, and I really enjoyed it! I think it's a really sweet film, and you fall in love with R from the beginning (well, I did, at least). Warm Bodies has some swearing, some kissing and while a girl is pulling off her sweater and pants you can see her bra and underwear, but I think that seeing it at 12-years-old is absolutely fine. ALL 12-YEAR-OLDS WHO WANT TO SEE WARM BODIES: I strongly advise you not to watch Warm Bodies behind your parents' back, if you ask them nicely they might say "yes". As long as you and your parents are comfortable with you watching films with swearing, a semi-naked girl (she's taking off her sweater and pants you can see her bra and panties) and some kissing, they'll probably say yes. There's a bit of brain-eating and zombie-killing, but it's not too violent or gory... would definitely give small children nightmares, but is definitely okay for older kids!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymgyogurt October 5, 2014

This was probably one of the cutest things

I know it is about zombies , but it was like Romeo and Juliet , but Romeo was already dead. It was freaking amazing. I thought it was cute and it just made me smile throughout the whole film. I know it won't be everyones cup of tea, but I highly enjoyed it all. It had the perfect amount of action and love at the same time. Also it had some funny parts. I loved this movie.
Kid, 9 years old July 31, 2014

Brilliant

Warm bodies is a great film about zombies and romance. Though I'm 9 I think kids age 11 or 12 should watch it, there is violence including people with guns, also the horrible zombies that will eat anything with a heartbeat can be scary for young viewers. Other than that it is brilliant!
Kid, 12 years old June 30, 2014

Very funny

This is just like another comedy-romance, but it's actually also violent with humans vs. zombies violence. There are also the "bonies" which can be frightening to younger kids, and there is some language. But, this movie is actually pretty fun, and should be okay with 11+, but more like 12/13+. It just depends :)
Kid, 11 years old January 19, 2014

Fun, fantastic, and frantic.

Smart, funny, and intense are the best words to describe Warm Bodies. There's really nothing bad to say about it. 4 well earned stars. Violence: 3 1/2 /5: Near the beginning there is a bloody fight between a pack of zombies (corpses) and a group of people with guns. R eats a character's brain and gets his memories, some of which are violent. Near the end, there are fights between the frightening skeletons and the corpses allied with humans. Language:3/5: The S-word is used 5 times, the F-word once, and h**l a couple times. Sexuality:3/5: There is romantic kissing, a suggestive comment that became unsuggestive, and a young woman taking off her clothes. Drugs: The same woman drinks a beer.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynothing68 January 14, 2014

Worth the watch.

Warm Bodies is a very good movie that is sweet in a weird but good way. There aren't many reasons not to watch this movie with your child and could certainly watch alone, not that I'm the judge of this though. There is a small amount of mild violence but isn't all that graphic. There's blood, shooting, humans being eaten by zombies but the consuming of people is mostly off camera with screaming from the victim ect. There isn't much to worry about sex wise but Julie does take her wet clothes off but all you see is her underclothes and the camera is facing her back not her front. No language except one use of the f-word at the very end but is more used for humor not anger. Very funny, sweet and good.
Kid, 11 years old November 20, 2013

Semi-Scary, Hilarious, Non Sexual, Supernatural Romance Movie! What's Not To Love?

Great movie! Sensitive tweens might find the Boneys and Perry's death scene scary, but nothing else is iffy because of violence. Kissing scenes are passionate but mild, and everyone remains fully clothed. There's one scene were Julie accepts a beer, but today's teens see alcohol everywhere, and alcohol is never seen again in the movie. Like other teen phenomenon movie Now You See Me, there is some language, serious language including one F bomb and a few S words, but kids hear worse in middle and high school sorroundings. It's a great movie, and fans of both the horror genre and romance genre will get a lot out of this film.
Kid, 12 years old September 16, 2013

Good but language

This is a very good movie but there is language but that is about all other then a little bit of intense part and kissing
Kid, 9 years old September 7, 2013

really good

i think this is a really good family movie to watch. i suggest though if you watch as a family the youngest i would have there is a kid the age of 9
Kid, 12 years old September 6, 2013

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!

It's a really cute movie. R and the other zombies do eat some people but you can't see much of the gore. There is a part where Julie takes her clothes off because they are wet and she is trying to sleep, all you can see is a bit of her under clothes. People and zombies do say the "F" "S" and "B" word a few times. The zombies and bonies look a bit freaky at first, but after a while you get used to them. It does have a great ending and i think preteens,teens and adults will love it!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byNitro_Python August 19, 2013

SDFGRT

This film has the content of a 15 rated film (and it is rated 15) although somehow the violence just doesn't seem 15 worthy. Bloody coming out of zombies when shot sounds bad, and is normally bad but somehow it doesn't feel that bad in this movie. Don't know why but it just is. The language isn't too bad with one f word and sh*t is used a lot.
Kid, 11 years old August 10, 2013

awsome

i love this all though its pretty voilent
Teen, 13 years old Written byKenzi333 July 18, 2013

The best zombie romance movie ever

I absolutely loved this movie! Though it's a movie about zombies, it has a lot of heart. Hoult was fantastic in this; he was hilarious but at the same time heartwarming. The same goes for Palmer. There are some gory/disturbing scenes (ex. a zombie begins peeling off the skin on his face) but the main focus of the movie is the sweet romance between R and Julie... along with the comedy! But beware of the one F word close to the end. Other than that, I thought this movie was fantastic!
Teen, 15 years old Written byEmoWolfBoy July 14, 2013

Best Movie Ever

Would not be for kids, but it's awesome for teens and adults
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovieLover020502 June 27, 2013

Hi

A kiss some cussing I think drinking I cant remember and a little positive because Julie stands up for R
Teen, 14 years old Written byThatGamingCat June 26, 2013

Great zombie movie!

Great movie that basically tells everybody gets a second chance at life. But on the downside the movie is "tethered" with cuss words, such as one use of f-k, several uses of sh-t,and other words.
Kid, 10 years old June 13, 2013

Sweet, intense, funny action movie

This is a great movie. I rented it and watched it and I am ten. It did not scare me. It made me laugh. There are some scenes of zombies eating people with little to no blood. There are some scenes that are intense and some "jump" scenes. There is one use of the f word and a couple uses of the s word. It is a good movie, but I would not recommend it to squeamish kids.