All member reviews for Warrior

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheSkyHadAWeegee September 23, 2011

Brilliant MMA drama has lots of violence

This brilliant martial arts drama is up there with 2011's best. While there are smaller issues such as around 20 S-bombs and 1 F-bomb, the main issue is the violence. The last half-hour or so of the film is a martial arts tournament, so expect lots of violence. You see punches and kicks being thrown and people being slammed to the ground - I had to look away at one scene! Otherwise, this is well worth seeing.
Teen, 14 years old Written byChocolate' September 21, 2011

the great warrior review

I think that Warrior is the best movie ever. My favorite part was when Tommy kept knocking the guys out and when they announced that Tommy had ripped off a tank door to save marines. Also the most important part was when the two brothers used to hate each-other and reconnected during the fight when Bandon said he loves Tommy.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymrswendel September 11, 2011

A Fantastic Movie

I thought it was an excellent movie - and I came in with very low expectations. The acting was superb, the fight scenes were realistic without being gruesome and the characters were all given well thought out backstories that make them relatable. A definite must-see, don't let the MMA scare you off. This is really about much more than that, and has some humorous moments to lighten what could've been a two hour plus bloody brawl. Fantastic.
Teen, 13 years old Written byuhya September 11, 2011

great

a better movie than i thought, the only problem is violence, profanity(with f--k), and drinking. but it's a really good movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybretnummer248 July 2, 2013

Great, Moving Film About Family and Fighting

This is a compelling drama about MMA and family. The characters all have a reason to do what thy are doing. The ending is very emotional and moving. Since this is also about MMA there is a lot of fight scenes and some are pretty brutal knockouts. There is a little bit of swearing during the film. The main characters' father used to be an alcoholic and he relapses near the end of the film. Tommy, one of the brothers, also drinks a little and has prescription pills on him in the beginning of the film.
Teen, 17 years old Written byOGORMAN April 12, 2013

Tom Hardy and Joel Edgerton give the performance, and the fight, of a lifetime.

Wow... I just finished watching this movie for the first time and that is about all I can say. I do not personally know much about the UFC and how these cage fights work, but I did not have to. The movie told me all I needed to know. One brother fights for family, and the other fights for his country. This movie should be ranked up in Rocky's category. The UFC is centered around fighting, so of course the issue with violence is that there are multiple fights that range from seconds long to brutal and drawn out for lengths of time. There is not much blood, but the fighting style is intense - with many moves that cause serious pain to the fighters. There is a good amount of language but it is not distasteful. Some of it is exchanged between estranged family members as well. The one f--- was key to a pivotal point in the movie (for those parents who want to be ready for it, the use occurs during the scene in the casino and it is shouted). The brothers' father is a recovering alcoholic (sober for 1000 days) and after an incident with one of his sons he begins to have a little difficulty with his sobriety. There is one scene early on that involves "pill popping". The character is made to give over his pill bottles though, and that is the last time you see anything to do with them. Tom Hardy and Joel Edgerton are brilliant actors. It is not very often that I am moved so much that I tear up and cheer for the characters, but this was one of the few instances where I could not stop myself. The emotion is so real and raw. Great lessons about never giving up and always loving family no matter what are the center aspects of this MMA masterpiece.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn February 20, 2012

Heartwarming and well acted drama has lot's of sports-related violence

Even though Warrior was only released into theaters last September, and than came out on blu-ray and DVD last December, and the film was awash with favorable and positive reviews by critics and audiences alike, I still think that this film was underrated (Gee, there sure are a lot of those, lately!). One big example of that would be the movies crushing box office failure, of only about $13,000,000 in U.S. box office. Oh, well. At ;least the critics recognized it for what it was: A powerful, heartwarming and even heart wrenching movie that isn't so much about the mixed-martial-arts sport, and more about the families of the people who get involved in those fights. Some of the strong acting inn this movie that really surprised me, is the Oscar snubbed performances of Nick Nolte, Tom Hardy and Joe Edgerton, but the one that really surprised me, was Nick Nolte's performance as the two boys father, who platys the role as somewhat comeback for his career, but what surprised me the most was how he was able to evoke so much power and strength from such a subtle performance, and than have everything come together in one big fold in the end of the movie. Now, as much as I enjoyed it, the movie is Rated PG-13, and the following content is pretty much as follows: There is frequent one-on-one violence and fighting in the form of mixed-martial-arts matches and games, but some of it gets very brutal and graphic, particularly in the extended match near the end, which has more than a few bone crunching and cringe inducing moments. Also, there is frequent alcohol consumption from the father character, who later breaks down near the end and is shown to be heavily drunk, but this scene displays the negative effects of drinking. And, finally, there is frequent but fairly average profanity, with several uses of s-t, h-ll, crap, g-dd-mn, d-mn, a--, b-llsh-t and f--k. So, even if you have never seen a second of a mixed-martial-arts game or match, there is no reason that you wouldn't be able to enjoy this movie. It is just that good.
Teen, 14 years old Written by1997horserider December 28, 2011

I. LOVE. THIS. MOVIE….and Tom Hardy <3

Warrior was choreographed fantastically making it extremely believable and exciting. All the fight scenes make you want to jump off your seat and cheer. You're forced into loving all the characters and you end up wanting to know more about them as well as their past. The last fight brought tears to my eyes and it sends such a great message. I absolutely love this move and it's definitely a favorite of mine that i would gladly watch again any day. I don't think its appropriate though for kids under 13 only because of all the swearing and alcoholism. Overall its a great movie that I encourage everyone 13+ to watch! Tom Hardy is also beast in this movie. Looove him!
Teen, 15 years old Written byActionmoviefan101 November 12, 2011

Loved it!

Definitely a inspirational movie, I loved it! Reminded me of mixed martial arts version of the Rocky films. Anyway... Yes it is violent, especially during the last 2 fight scenes, but not over the top or graphic. and there is some language, most notably about 15 uses of sh-t and a character is told to "get the f--k out of here". If your kids can handle the language and the violence, I definitely reccomend it! There are vey many positive messages in this movie about redemption and forgiveness. Loved every minute of it!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymagnusrexNY November 6, 2011

Five out of Five

This defines the genre of Sports Dramas. Strong acting throughout really carries a quality script, along with a great message. The MMA aspect of this movie will turn most parents off, but it shouldn't. I found the violence to be considerably less than was advertised. Even if you think it has excessive violence, you'll completely ignore it because of the strong story, and positive messages. One of the best dramas of this decade.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAshinthehouse October 5, 2011

one of the best movies ever

this was such a great movie i loved it most people havent heard of it but it was great it kept me entertained the whole 2 hours and 20 minutes theys some viloence which can be intease when they in the ring,theys some language pretty average incluces one f word, and one older person is a recovering alchol addict, but great movie!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySasquajch September 21, 2011

The Warrior!!!

Warrior was an outstanding movie!!! With all the action and the challenges in the lives of two amazing brothers who seperated when their parents divorced. It was cool to see the brothers forgive each other and their Dad. I could watch it a million times!!!!!....Maybe even with my brother.