Lowbrow '90s comedy has raunchy humor, profanity.

Teen, 14 years old Written bydavstern1500 October 10, 2011

Great movie.

Great and appropriate, except for one scene. Know your kids first. For more information, contact me on YouTube - davstern1500
Kid, 11 years old November 27, 2009

Real Hilarious

I saw the 2nd movie first and tought it was super funny and i wanted to see the 1st one.I found the first movie at a market place for a really cheap price and bought it.It is a little wrong because the make it real obvious.One man says to Garth and another guy "I love you man." and they think he's joking but he was serious but that's sopossed to be more of funny and crude than to sound inappropriate.the only part i didn't like was the part where Cassandra was on the phone and Wayne was in his underwear(pretty disgusting)though what he did to distract her fromher phone call was pretty funny(imatated Marylyn Monroe)lol.Then they had that little "sex" scene which more looking like a mixture of wrestling and makingout.It might be just a little bit too much for little children.
Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

SNL

SNL skits become movies a lot now. They are generally funny skits. I thought this was a great movie as is the skit. Man SNL rocks.
Adult Written byaidans1 April 4, 2015
One minor sex scene and language
Kid, 10 years old July 1, 2013

Hilarious

Hilarious I think Wayne and Garth are one of the funniest characters in the world. Great Movie
Teen, 15 years old Written bymissmovielover November 3, 2016

Party on wayne, party on garth

Waynes world is a 90s comedy filled with crude jokes. It is about wayne and garth who are two best friends which run a tv show in their basment then are offered a contract by a tv company. There isn't a whole lot of sexual jokes and the ones that are in the movie kids won't really get. In my opinon Waynes World is a great choice for a family movie night.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBreaden Hoffmaster October 20, 2016

"Wayne's World Wayne's World party time excellent!" -Wayne and Garth

I don't think a comedy will ever come close to being this good. This film is nothing short of "excellent!" There's laughs, and everything you could want in a comedy. There's a reason it's PG-13 though, and it isn't for younger viewers for sure. There's some innuendo (and the leads show a pic of an actress on their show commenting about her) and other similar stuff. There's also some kissing, slapstick comedy, and language as well. "S**t" is used, as well as "d**k", "a**", and "pissed." Other then that, there's a scene of Wayne in a thongish pair of underwear dancing in his room, etc. If your kids have seen films like "Pleasentville" or "Meet the Parents", I would say this is a good comedy that doesn't go TO OVER the top. Simply put......"Party on Garth!"
Educator and Parent of a 9 and 13 year old Written byredsunset April 29, 2016

Wayne's world woo!

One of the best mike myers movies! 100 stars is what I give this movie. Butt cavity searches to dumb stunts this movie will keep you laughing till the credits !
Kid, 11 years old November 11, 2014

Dumb but also incredibly funny at the same time

Sex- 2 (Mild Sexual References) Language- 2 (Mild Coarse Language)
Adult Written byhomealonefan123 May 25, 2014

Classic Mike Myers comedy is sure to please audiences!

Parents need to know that this teen comedy starring Mike Myers and Dana Carvey is very funny but has a few mature themes. There is a bit of swearing (sh-t, ass, damn, hell are all used). There is sex jokes, including a somewhat brief but comical sex scene. Well that is Wayne's World, which is a great movie, but best for teens!
Parent Written byMovieenthusiast May 7, 2014

OIder viewers might also not be disappointed...

I challenge whoever wrote the main review. I'm 45 and assume I would be considered an older viewer. Maybe not. But this movie came out when I was in college. And just about everyone I knew loved it! So, Baby Boomers probably no, but Gen X'ers on down, a hearty yes. This movie is fine for teens. Fair amount of sexual innuendo though so I would keep the littler ones away. If you're ready for a hard rockin' hilarious time, this movie is for you.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bycrankylibrarian January 3, 2014

Better than you may remember

Introduce your kids to the wackiness of the 80s with this hilarious spoof of head bangers, movie cliches and the wonders of public access cable. Some raunchy jokes, but nothing graphic. Tia Carrerre plays a kickboxing, leather wearing guitarist, but unfortunately she is relegated to the "love interest" role. Still, it's nice to see a woman portrayed as a serious rock musician as opposed to a back up singer. Much funnier and cleverer than I remembered!
Teen, 13 years old Written byflagellum October 30, 2013

Ha Ha Ha

Some not-appropriate language. I suggest watching with your child to make sure there isn't anything you disapprove of. Very funny movie. One scene not appropriate for sexual reasons.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe February 16, 2013

Mike Myers' debut movie is hilarious

I remember first seeing this when I was eight years old. My mother let me watch PG-13 and (surprisingly) R-rated movies when I was little. I remember seeing product placements for Mountain Dew, Pepsi, Pizza Hut, Dortitos, Reebok and Nuprin (don't know if it's real or not). Plus, aside from Garth electrocuting some man in a bar, there's also another brief bar fight where Cassandra punches two men that fight each other to shut them up. Also, Garth, Cassandra and Benjamin drink champagne. Also, I remember when Cassandra and her band was playing "Fire" by Jimi Hendrix on stage at the bar. I remember the name "S**tty Beatles" (which annoyed me, because if Paul McCartney, George Harrison or Ringo Starr heard that, they'd use John Lennon's ghost to scare them away just for ticking them off). Also, the scene where Garth shouts "You can take a flying..." and then a jet plane flying overhead blocks Garth's dialogue, then Garth says "...until it gets stuck down there again and you have to find a doctor to pull it out again!". Wayne replies with "Kiss your mother with that mouth? You've gone mental!". Also, I remember hearing "As long as they keep coughing up quarters, who gives a s**t?". Also, before the clothed bed romping scene, Cassandra calls Wayne an a**hole. Also, d**k is used. You will LOL!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byC0l0ssalfart October 8, 2012

party time

language: s--t, one use of f--k. uses of shpinkter, ass, b-tch, a refrance to blowing goats ect.
Teen, 13 years old Written bystan101 April 29, 2012

the great

awesome!
Teen, 14 years old Written byEricCarrRulez April 28, 2012

;*

One of my favorite films! A must-see.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar March 11, 2012

Party Time!

A modern comedy classic. Really funny and not too inappropriate.
Parent Written bybabygirl92293 March 1, 2012

Waynes World

i love this movie and it is in my top 5. I can watch it a billion times and it never gets old!!! A great movie. There are some parts that could be inappropriate but compared to todays crap its nothing :)
Kid, 10 years old November 9, 2011